Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Sex and Gender in LGATs
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 23, 2008 07:35AM

'too much' seems to be on to something important here--no matter where you're coming from, certain groups will find fault so as to throw you off balance.

"Or simply the power to trust ourselves and leave and take our money with us."

It can be more than 'the power to trust ourselves and leave' that may be taken from us. Some entities have 'intensives' or multiday workshops in foreign countries.

If you fly through a bunch of time zones and have spent a pot of money you're off balance, you are under pressure within yourself (cognitive dissonance) to convince yourself that the money has to be for something worth while.

And if you're in a foreign country, especially one with a language barrier and the group has bussed your group from the airport to a designated hotel--youre dependent on them for transportation, for guidance in a foreign country. If in a group situation in a hotel, you lack privacy and are cut off from your usual day to day rituals.

So in such circumstances, how can you easily leave,even if you have very strong doubts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: WiserNow ()
Date: August 21, 2008 10:52PM

Sterling Institute of Relationship, its Mens Division, and Family of Women - promote dangerous and in case of Men's Division of SIR, vulgar, practices when it comes to sex and gender. Promoting traditional roles is one thing, but to "teach" men to treat women with no respect, to insist women are not to be trusted, to advocate using and dumping women via "short-term casual" (for sex only) relationships only serves to hurt people. Despite S.I.R's tag lines, this group does NOT promote better, stronger relationships, but instead tears them down and irresponsibly sends the message that for men to "find the source of their power", they must take all power from their female counterparts. Run if anyone from this group approaches you with an invitation to a weekend that will change your life. Know that what they really mean is a weekend that can ruin your life. Or at least ruin the lives of those you are close to.

Posted by: reptar ()
Date: November 24, 2010 04:39AM

yutolia
This reminds me of a discussion that I was having with a friend of mine who did Landmark (he is no longer involved, but I can see that he has in no way recovered and/or recognized the damage that has been done) about homophobia. He was talking about how he realized that it is only women who commit violent acts against gay men, and how only women are truly homophobic, and this results from their jealousy over the fact that the gay men are not interested in them. Conversely, he said that Landmark "helped him figure out" that it is not possibly for men to be homophobic because it's natural to find it flattering that someone is attracted to you, and that all the stuff in the media about violent acts by men on homosexuals or women is made up to keep men down and women in power. I thought at first that he was just playing devil's advocate, but then I realized that he actually believed this garbage (not to say that female on male violence doesn't happen, of course it does). I had never been so offended, and I was so shocked that I couldn't say anything else, I just left at that point. After reading many of the posts on this forum, I now think that this is a part of the "reality" that he has created for himself - essentially excusing himself for how much he really hates women.

Again, sorry for dragging up old posts, but WOW!

I have known a few gay men with attitudes like this but using the "tech" to justify it to that degree is quite disturbing. Landmark has an interesting affect on gay men, they lose their libido, but they have them trained to flirt to recruit. Especially the early 20s gay men that spend a lot of time on the club circuit. Of course like everyone else all their personal and work relationships turn to shit.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.