Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Landmark's Latest Victim
Posted by: notmadanymore ()
Date: March 23, 2004 08:26PM

Familiar words.

My ex-wife was slowly and deliberately turned on me. She was, as I said, fairly mixed up before, but this counsellor who was just doing the hard sell for an LGAT basically drove every wedge he could between us.

She turned on me so badly: just wouldn't trust me. Decided that I was the obstacle in her life. The thing that makes me real dirty is that instead of questioning her 'illogical' thought processes as she got an inkling of dislike of me here and there, the LGAT idiot kept validating them and listening to them and encouraging.

One of the ironies is that any half normal shrink who hadn't had their ability to empathise emotionally neutered by an LGAT would have been able to pick up the inconsistencies in her weird moods and told her to see me for who I am.

Although I picked her up from the gutter when she tried out prostitution - and got some faith back from her: she's really still incredibly messed up. What her family didn't finish off, an LGAT did. It makes me sick to the core.

And yeah - there is no mysteriumin the hypnosis, but it's deliberate and it's dangerous. And yes - there is a need to re-adapt someone to a normal functional level after over-arousing them or under-arousing them to the point where their normal behavioural barriers cease to function.

Anyone would be an unspeakable self-destructive moron if they read what is on these pages and still participate.

And if you're that self-destructive, an LGAT can finish you off.

And, to those people out there who are low in self-esteem and get attracted to his junk: please don't just think of yourself and your quick-vein-fix of short-term esteem. Think of the people around you that you destroy by shutting them out and falling for your favorite LGAT. Get self-esteem from inside with some sensible professional help. Ignore these clowns.

Options: ReplyQuote
Landmark's Latest Victim
Posted by: parkito ()
Date: March 24, 2004 04:51AM

gc4062,

Would this be Larry P., black male, mid 40's?

Any background you can give me would be great. My bros in love with Larry and his story: "grew up in the projects, now look at me, I'm a Landmark Leader!"

This would all be quite funny if people's realities weren't at stake.

Landmark's Latest Victim
Posted by: parkito ()
Date: March 25, 2004 02:34AM

Funny reading some of Corboy's posts about the susceptibility of New Age types to the "Gurus" and LGATs. My brother is Mr. New Age!

Landmark's Latest Victim
Posted by: Guy ()
Date: April 04, 2004 12:06AM

I could not read this without sorrow....
How many is too many to stop the perpetration?
Isn't one too many?

Guy

Engine271
Last year a friend of mine, actually my best friends wife joined Landmark..... A vibrant, beautiful, caring wonderful woman who had every thing and everybody in her life she could ever need. I could go for hours to tell you how she cared for everyone around her.
Without ever a mention ever ..... With her family in the house she took her own life six months ago. There were over a thousand people at her funeral. She didn't think she mattered.
My point is she became dependent on Landmark; they pressured her to the point she could not deal with it. They as unprofessional took her off of something only a professional could do they took her off her medication.
She never ever mentioned suicide, but the pressures became too much.
We blame Landmark.

Landmark's Latest Victim
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: April 04, 2004 04:26AM

Engine271,

You have my deepest sympathy. I get so angry when I read things like this.

I'm sure the leaders and volunteers saw what was going on but interpreted her decline as a purge, something good, the only way to get through hell (by going through it), etc. This is a common New Age concept too, that when you face your demons it's not easy and causes all kinds of emotional and physical problems. It's those ubiquitous toxins, repressed emotions, etc.

I tried killing myself while under the care of the ND. The above comments are exactly how he interpreted how sick I was, even tho a good part of my "illness" was due to meds he prescribed. Your friend may also have been having reactions from stopping her meds thus screwing up her hormones in unimaginable ways.

Again, my sympathy.

Hope

Landmark's Latest Victim
Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: April 05, 2004 09:11AM

Engine271
Last year a friend of mine, actually my best friends wife joined Landmark. She had been battling depression for many years unknown to us. She joined with a vengeance. She got her sister into it and then tried to get my wife and I and her husband and children into it. The first phone call to us was a red flag "come to this meeting I really want you there because I love you and need and by the way bring your check book!” She dove head first into it doing all the Landmark things. It started off OK but then she got off her medication that kept her level. She started going off the deep end. She belittled her husband all over town (she adored him before). She changed her appearance, (somewhat good), she engaged in confrontational dialog with her friends. She made wild assumptions about her husband. She really changed in some ways not too bad. She went from the perfect Mom, wife and friend to someone we did not know how to deal with.
One weekend we went away as we did a few times per year and lunch started off with her hitting on the waiter in front of her husband while also belittling him in front of us. Then to dinner where she and I (I, a male) always enjoyed a good friendly debate had a terrible disagreement where my opinion did not matter. This was a person who always allowed open dialog. We then had to lay her out verbally at the end of the evening. We told her to stop this way of life or she would lose her husband. Everything she stated was Landmark jargon. She was in hard and not getting out. She alienated her friends, she distanced her husband. She even tried to recruit his company. They called him and said to get her out (they even knew how bad it was).
We and her husband and children dealt with it for a few more months. She got so far into Landmark the pressure's hit her harder than any before. She was off her meds and slid deep into depression. She was bed ridden it was so bad. A vibrant, beautiful, caring wonderful woman who had every thing and everybody in her life she could ever need. I could go for hours to tell you how she cared for everyone around her.
Without ever a mention ever ..... With her family in the house she took her own life six months ago. There were over a thousand people at her funeral. She didn't think she mattered.
My point is she became dependent on Landmark; they pressured her to the point she could not deal with it. They as unprofessional took her off of something only a professional could do they took her off her medication.
She never ever mentioned suicide, but the pressures became too much.
We blame Landmark.
If you become involved, run. They are a cult, they do use brainwashing. They tell you, you matter as long as you belong to them and give them the money for their programs. Try to get out and you don't exist.

landmark teaches its victims that life
has no meaning. most people in the united states tell me that they dont need these people.

this , unfortanately can be the result.

Landmark's Latest Victim
Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: April 10, 2004 09:50AM

Engine271,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your best friends wife.

This is a tragedy.
Oz

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.