Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Landmark Online Recruitment
Posted by: nycupperes ()
Date: February 24, 2004 12:39AM

The Internet seemed to be a good logical place for online recruitment of new members for Landmark Education, aka The Forum. So, being a member of a popular dating site, I did a search on certain keywords and found the following online dating advertisements. My question to the forum is when did Landmark Education become an accredited university? So many people are listing it in their profiles along with legitimate Universities. Did the government and the department of education suddenly start recognizing this organization? Can you get a student loan from a bank and attend Landmark education?

I'm not sure if there is a pattern in the ads, but I'll let you all be the judges. I'll quote them exactly, however; I'll only take a sentence or two due to space constraints. I do realize that Landmark now has their own online dating, but these are personal ads from a very popular mainstream dating service.

Women's Advertisements:
---------------
About me and who I'd like to date
Passionate about transformation and the success of humanity, possiblities are endless as graduate of Landmark Education, an evolved 7 on the Enneagram, I'm attracted to people who are active, playful, honest, intelligent, and fun. I prefer someone who's interested in personal growth as there is such value in being present- right here right now.
----------------
I believe that you can't change a person or just like them for their potential. I respect someone who knows exactly who they are and what they want from life but open minded at the same time.
education: Bachelors degree
Florida State University and Landmark Education
------------------
San Diego State University - Communications - Theater Arts - Certificate of Honor - “Directors Chair Award”Landmark Education’s - 1992
--------------------
education: High school, Some college, School of life
I am currenly working on finishing up my long overdue AA. On another note, does Landmark Education have any significance to you?
--------------------
I'm a very intelligent/happy woman with a great smile/positive vibe. Finding fun in almost any situation is a learned skill, one I love to share. I’m passionate about my family/friends, surrounding myself with wonderful people.

Former HS science teacher. Post- grad work in astronomy/human genetics. Former restauranteur/chef: Food & Bev degree equivalent. 2003 graduate of Landmark Education Forum, Advanced and FIA.
----------------------
One of the things I most like about myself is my sense of fun, my capacity to be inane, inappropriate, ridiculous and even lewd. 'Cuz it's fun - and I can. And I've lots of other good traits, too....like being intelligent, articulate, attractive and curvy.
favorite things:
I teach English to native Spanish speakers. It's so much fun. I'm also a Toastmasters member, and have taken classes with Landmark Education in Quincy for @ 5 yrs now.
----------------------
I'm a positive, easygoing, and spontaneous person. I enjoy meeting new people and have fun interacting with them wherever I am. I laugh easily and still giggle, finding the humor in life comes naturally to me. I have a strong value system; honesty and integrity are important to me... I strive for my personal best and try to do the right thing.
favorite things:
Landmark Education is at the top of my list right now.
----------------------
Some words to describe me are: generous, youthful, sexy, vivacious, compassionate, committed, inspiring, pretty and tenacious. I'm very easy going and easy to get along with. I hum and whistle and sing all day long. I'm a powerful woman with my little girl side very exposed. I have a highly developed intuitive sense of people...
for fun:
I volunteer for Landmark Education and in the recovery field.
---------------------
Ideally it would be great to meet someone who is health-conscious and into taking care of not only his body, but also his mind…I would love to hear about the secrets of your personal growth & success...I thrive on that stuff! Communication is so very important to me, and I have the utmost respect for any guy who keeps his word and is willing to share what is on his mind.
education: High school, School of life
I've created a world of possibility for myself out of taking continuing education courses at Landmark Education. These last few years have been the best roller coaster ride I've ever been on...I don't want to get off!
-------------------------
"Let's get our heads together!!"
My ideal match has a great sense of humor and isn't overwhelmed by the personality prose on my description! The more like me, the better. He likes to share his own experiences and to listen as well. He seeks honest, open communication and is willing to work together to achieve it.
for fun:
I have fun when I ride my bike, roller blade, walk, watch movies, dance, and chat. Especially chat. I am enjoying Landmark Education and would like to meet others who are Forum graduates.
------------------
"Magic Maker"
Things I Love: Sunshine, the beach, the Rain, snow, clean fresh air, being outside, the stars, the rainforest, beautiful cars, people watching, magic, learning new things, tring new food, places, positions, conversations about the nature of things, sex, exporation, my family and friends, fantasy fiction, Elfquest, Landmark Education training and develoment.
-------------------
education: Some college
I went to Northeast Regional Vocational School to study dental laboratory technology. I took evening classes in college for marketing, management, psychology, art, and accounting. I participated in the Landmark Education Curriculum, and cooking.
--------------
About myself: I am very blessed with great inner/outer beauty. I am a true visionary Goddess. I have long blonde hair, blue eyes & an exquisite physique. My voice is as soothing as my skin is soft. I am very loving & spiritual. I am gracious & graceful, and exquisitely feminine. I am a divinely beautiful & passionate lover when there is the right chemistry. I am not into bar/club scenes. I enjoy quality connections & communication. I have a very peaceful presence. My attitude is positive & uplifting. I am easy going & not into drama, games and negativity. I am a graduate of Landmark Education. I have travelled,the world, having spent 1 1/2 years between India & Nepal. I invest in personal growth and making the world a more beautiful placel.
----------------
I have an Impossible Promise, a context within which to live my life: By 2050, A World of Global Citizens, All people in profound communication, joyous contribution, celebrating the magic and miracle of life itself. That is my commitment, and I'm looking for a man to be my partner in life, equally committed to make a difference in the world, sharing a life of discovery, abundance and laughter. I am developing a Retreat for Emerging Global Leaders in Communication-- an opportunity for up and coming leaders in their 20's and 30s to gain skills and distinctions in communication and to know one another, such that when they are their nations' heads of state, international challenges and issues will be resolved by those who share a common culture of communication, and the commitment to have a world that works for everyone. As a filmmaker, playwright, and photography editor, I am involved in media projects which foster relatedness and respect among people of diverse backgrounds. I have also successfully coached people in discovering their dreams and and being in action in achieving them. I have participated in Landmark Education and am particularly interested in meeting others who have completed Landmark's Team Management and Leadership Program, and the Power and Contribution course.
-------------------
Experiences that have shaped my philosophy and outlook on life are reading Daniel Quinn, Neil Postman, Michael Ende, attending Landmark Education courses, doing the Leap of Faith workshop...
But most importantly, I'm looking for someone who knows himself, takes excellent care of himself (yes, including physically), seeks to always learn and grow...
----------------
Interests: working out, reading, rollerblading, bicycling, photography - digital & 35mm, computers, Landmark Education seminars.
Looking for a man who is emotionally & financially secure, takes care of & has pride in his appearance and has a good outlook on life.
[b:0daacd7391]Not looking for perfection[/b:0daacd7391]
-------------
You’ve done enough inner work and learned from your experiences that you really know what’s important in your life (Bonus: experience with Landmark Education or Inner Journey Seminar). You also have great communication skills and are adept at using conflict as an opportunity to grow.
---------------
AUTHENTIC communications (aware of impacts on others of our words, choices and behaviours) & INTEGRITY (do what you say you're going to do when you say you're going to do it) are areas I work on, and appreciate in others.. (Any chance you've done Landmark Education or Art of Living courses??)
-------------

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 24, 2004 03:24AM

My all time favorite female personal add is:
----------------------
I feel blessed to be alive and I love people. I especially love people who are up to something in their life. Meaning, they are involved in organizations or activities that are bigger than themselves--they are contributing to the common good. I spend my time with people who are honest about their life experiences and don't have regrets. Integrity, authenticity, compassion and passion are traits I am known for and look for in others. Being comfortable with where you've been, are and are going is very attractive to me. Familial relationships are key for me and I want to be involved with someone who is intimate with their family and friends. I participate in volunteer activities that I would love to share (Landmark Education and Challenge Day). I am looking for a partner, someone who wants to create a relationship where we support our each other's passions and celebrate the passions we share. The context I live my life inside of is: The possibility of being known, loved and celebrated. I want it all, do you want to play my game?

---------------------
You get bonus points if you have done any Landmark Education and/or are actively seeking personal growth and self-awareness. My favorite quote: "Work like you don't need the money, dance as if no one is watching, love like you've never been hurt..."

The man who would be my ideal match would be monogamous, be honest, and have integrity. He would have positive energy, be kind, playful, humorous, open minded and inquisitive. He would be intelligent and enjoy communicating. He would be financially, emotionally, and spiritually secure.
---------------------
I could continue to go on, but I think that is enough for now. Maybe someone else would like to post so of the Mens personal ads.

It seemed that most of these women were looking for the most part were only looking for guys with money and people that are willing to try something new to lean how to oppenly communicate. There were a number of words that appeared very unnatural and seemed preprogrammed:

INTEGRITY
AUTHENTIC
POTENTIAL
COMMUNICATION
POSSIBILITES
GROWTH
OPEN (COMMUNICATION & MIND)
COMPASSION (COMPASSIONATE)
PASSIONATE

I've taken my share of statistics and computer courses and this got me thinking that perhaps you can predict with a large degree of certainty what groups / cults people are members of. Perhaps I'll work on some word frequency analysis and post my findings in a future thread. I'll try and follow a scientific method, using a control sample and see if there is a notable statistical difference.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 24, 2004 04:46AM

1) Tell us how you code your data (eg which 'key words' your program searches for)

2) Which mathematical test/s you will use

3) Size of subject sample (watch out, if your subject sample is too large, it magnifies the power of certains statistical tests so that they'll identify trivial fluctuations as 'statistically significant'

4) Which computer program you will use to crunch the numbers (eg SPSS--unless there's now something better!)

Let us know what you find! (grin)

Posted by: elena ()
Date: February 24, 2004 06:59AM

God help 'em.

And anyone who unwittingly gets involved with them.

All cult leaders know how to use women to lure men into the fold. It is standard practice. These robots are doing as programmed.

This just makes me want to barf. How on earth has this lunatic group managed to position itself in people's minds as something of prominence with all the information available on the internet?

Unfortunately, they can outlast, outtalk, and outargue with zealotry far outmatched by anything critics can muster. Will they prevail by sheer idiocy?

Makes me think this might be related to the "Darwin Awards."

Thanks for posting this. One can only hope they get responses that include links to this or other similar websites or directions to the nearest library.

Ellen

Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: February 24, 2004 09:54AM

I'd be very interested in the statistical findings. I would be interested in a psychological study too. From reading all these adds and the ones on the Landmark dating website, one would get the impression that they are all written by the one person. Hence the power of the "one size fits all" mindcontrol, brainwashing of Landmark Education.

What would be interesting is if a Landmarkian can see / not see how all these adds are all so similar. I urge interested readers to view the adds on the LE website.

The similarities in writing style to Landmarkians posting on this site is also incredible.

I would urge any non Landmarkian psychologist to commence a study on the writings of Landmarkians. I feel a phd in the offing here.
Oz

Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: February 25, 2004 01:06AM

This is another psychological technique of manipulation.
Karen Horney talked about "The Tyranny Of The Shoulds" and about the negative effects of having an Idealized Self-Image, and overidealized SHOULDS and MUSTS about other people.
That creates enormous dysfunction in relationships, and within the Self.

Its perfect for Landmark, (and Tony Robbins, etc) to use this technique, as this creates bottomless pits of misery and dissatisfaction in people, which then turns them into Seminar Junkies.

The LAST thing you want is for people to feel good about themselves as they are, and accept others as they are.
You want people to feel horrible about themselves for not measuring up to some superhuman standard, and to isolate themselves from others by being hypercritical of others.

Psychological health is when you can ACCEPT yourself as you are.
Albert Ellis calls this USA. Unconditional Self Acceptance.
And also UOA. Unconditional Other Acceptance.

This is why the cultists teach the exact opposite ideas. To make people miserable, so they buy more stuff, and are more dependent.
They use the knowledge gained by ethical and great psychologists for their own selfish purposes. Pretty evil stuff.

Coz

gc4062

The one thing you will find with those who continue to participate (and I took note of this in particular when in different centers or while leading a course), that those people cannot sustain any kind of permanent relationship, whether on a friendship level or a more intimate or relationship level. What typically causes this dysfunction in my opinion is that whatever they have is never good enough, it doesn't measure up to landmark's standards (being that in particular seminar leaders are constantly harping about the perfect mate, etc.),

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: February 25, 2004 02:18AM

then is that there is nothing "WRONG" with you. The entire forum is about rackets, winning formulas, lack of integrity, not being authentic, but there is nothing really wrong here (because there is no right, no wrong, no good, no bad). Health problems are really about being powerless in some part of life. There are no victims only folks who have difficulty with taking responsibility. Until you do LE, you won't know this (I'm being sarcastic here folks). So they say there is nothing wrong because this is all human nature, but then LE grads won't date non-LEs. Hmm...

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 25, 2004 02:28AM

'So they say there is nothing wrong because this is all human nature, but then LE grads won't date non-LEs.'

What 'human nature' are we talking about?

Human nature that has been changed by heavy indoctrination, is IMO a different kind of 'human nature' that has not been so affected.

Date: February 25, 2004 02:49AM

I randomly selected 32 test subjects on a very popular public dating site. The two key words I used in my search to select the Landmarkian influenced subjects were "Landmark Education". I then used the same exact search engine to select the first 32 Control (normal) subjects on the dating site. So you're all wondering did I find any differences between the language used by a Landmarkian versus an uninfluenced individual. I felt there were certainly some notable differences, but will try and not make any major conclusions until the end.

If anyone wants all of my raw test data and various tests, let me know? I did most of the data analysis in Excel and Access. I'm not going to take this further for full statistical analysis, but I feel confident in the random nature of the data in the control and Landmarkian subjects.

My initial test and observations were based on the total number of words used by the two groups.

32 Normal Women:
Unique words:1067 Total words:4363

32 Landmark Women:
Unique words:2249 Total words:10099

Landmarkian Women used 231% more words to write a personal advertisement. I'm not sure the meaning behind verbose nature of the Landmarkian advertisements and why they required over twice as many words to describe themselves and who they were looking for? Perhaps someone on this board can postulate a hypothesis of why the Landmarkians were so verbose?

I suspect when one's rational and cognitive thought process are modified, they require more words to express simple thoughts and ideas. In other words normal / unaffected people can elaborate on a single thought in a far more efficient manner. A Landmarkian has to go on endlessly to express a single thought. For example, a normal person will express a single thought in a single sentence. A Landmarkian will require at least two sentences to express the same type of thought.

When I got these initial results, I was quite surprised to see the significant differences, but I recalled some of the endless spewing of garbage that comes out of some of the Landmarkian mouths on this site, so it didn't surprise me when put into proper perspective. I also considered increasing the test number of the normal women to better match the total number of words used by the Landmarkians, but in the end did not want to skew the data.

[b:7936b0323d]Test 1 Words both groups used and frequecy comparisons:[/b:7936b0323d]
The percentage shows the likely hood of a Landmarkian Using a specific word versus a normal person. For example a Landmarkian is 1,800% more likely to use the word "Positive" in a classified advertisement.

[b:7936b0323d]Word[/b:7936b0323d]
POSITIVE 18 1 1800.00%
RE 18 1 1800.00%
PASSIONATE 16 1 1600.00%
YEARS 15 1 1500.00%
VALUE 13 1 1300.00%
HEART 13 1 1300.00%
MIND 13 1 1300.00%
DONE 12 1 1200.00%
TOGETHER 12 1 1200.00%
BEAUTIFUL 11 1 1100.00%
SELF 11 1 1100.00%
HEALTHY 11 1 1100.00%
PASSION 10 1 1000.00%
ART 10 1 1000.00%
DANCING 9 1 900.00%
COMMITTED 8 1 800.00%
SMILE 8 1 800.00%
SEEKS 8 1 800.00%
BODY 8 1 800.00%
INTERESTED 8 1 800.00%
PERSONALITY 8 1 800.00%
TOO 8 1 800.00%
RESPECT 8 1 800.00%
ARE 86 12 716.67%
EXPERIENCES 7 1 700.00%
SPONTANEOUS 7 1 700.00%
SPIRITUAL 7 1 700.00%
ENERGY 7 1 700.00%
READING 7 1 700.00%
YOUR 41 6 683.33%
WILL 20 3 666.67%
FAN 6 1 600.00%
SUCH 6 1 600.00%
CAREER 6 1 600.00%
CLUB 6 1 600.00%
WORKING 6 1 600.00%
HERE 6 1 600.00%
THROUGH 6 1 600.00%
OUTDOOR 6 1 600.00%

The greatest percentage a shared word of the two groups was to be used by a contol subject was 400%. This compared to the top score on the word "Positive" of 1,800%; can most likely be attributed to a lack of individuality exhibited by Landmarkian Women. In addition the few words that were shared by normal women were far less in frequency. Only a single word was used more then 10 times, the word "DATE", which seemed very appropriate for a dating site.

[b:7936b0323d]Test 2 Percentage of shared words favored by normal women[/b:7936b0323d]

Date 400%
Back 400%
Hold 400%
Tall 400%
Low 400%
After 400%
Guy 325%
Spending 325%
Either 300%
Year 300%
Maintenace 300%
Hot 300%
Goals 300%

It's kind of a waste of time to compare, because the normal subjects were never more then 400% more likely to use the same word.

I'll separately post the results of words unique to the Landmarkians versus the control group.

Date: February 25, 2004 03:18AM

[b:cf46da0c50]The follwing is a list of words used only by 32 Landmarkians in thier on line personal advertisements. None of the 32 control subjects used any of these words:[/b:cf46da0c50]

20X – World.
18X – Landmark.
17X – Education, Integrity.
16X – Communication.
15X – Their.
12X – Our.
11X – Growth.
10X – Sexy.
9X – Affectionate.
8X – Personal, Health.
7X – Secure.

6X – Real, Affection, Yoga, Possibilities, Confident, Playful, Museums, Joy, Financially, Concerts, West.

5X - Magic, Accomplished, San, Possibility, Interest, Lives, Practice, Lady, Cherish, Light, Challenge, Spiritually, Emotionally.

4X – Clean, Knowledge, Young, Photos, Appreciates, Gym, Gal, Cute, Off, Theater, Conscious, Attracted, Eat, Shape, Graduate, Ocean, Blessed, Coast, Latin, Put, Evolved, Available, Lasting, Deal, Jazz, Contribution, Favorite, Courses, Bed, Service, Inner, Food, Involved, Sharing, Dreams, Occasional, Bonus, May. 3X – Zest, Power, Gardens, Straight, Inspired, Truly, Focused, Extraordinary, Francisco, Physical, Book, Peace, Opportunity, Visit, Wine, Keeps, Mediation, Context, Hair, Ease, Points, Heads, Enjoying, Car, Friendly, NY, Often, Potential, God, Themselves, Christian, Spent, Soft, Possible, Digging, Strength, Country, Summer, Intelligence, Mine, Attend, Perfection, Inspiring, Issues, Words, Grounded, Sing, Program, Appearance, Shop, Highly, Quality, Spanish, Another, Age, Dining, Video, Patient, Emotional, Lover, Lifetime, Psychology, Chance, Basis, Petite, Gentle, Mean, Elegant, Physically, Room, Assured, Football, Connection, Middle, Key, Passions, Word, Classical, Miami, Adventurer, Articulate, Connect, Skills, Deeply, Garbage, Outlook, Forms, Intimacy, Garden.

[b:cf46da0c50]The following is a list of words used only by the control group of subjects:[/b:cf46da0c50]

5X - HARD
4X - DIFFERENT, NOTHING
3X - Online, Scene, Talk, Lets, Crazy, Needs, Dog, Casual, Laid, Goes.
2X - Mountain, Control, Type, Bowling, Telling, Lonely, Basically, Term, Less, Stress, Small, Skinny, Appetite, Though, Dating, Doin, Beep, Clubs, Cracking, Goofy, Treat, Wanted, Talking, Sunset, Motorcycle.

[b:cf46da0c50]Observations:[/b:cf46da0c50]
Once again the Landmarkian Women appeared to be significantly preprogrammed to use certain unique words like "World", "Communication", "Their", "Our", "Growth." All these words appear to be towards group membership versus individual thought.

The normal test subjects favored words of the real world a.k.a. reality & individuality, such as "Hard", "Different", "Nothing", "Online", "Scene", "Talk", Lets", etc. After all the material was all take from a dating site, not a public gathering.

It should be noted once again that the normal 32-control subject never used any single word more then 5 times. This is in sharp contrast to the Landmarkian women, who used a number of words over well over 5X, with the unique word "WORLD" being used 20X. This is to be expected by people who have no individuality and are only able to identify via external means. I believe the psychological term is "Disassociation."

I'd be curious if anyone is able to elaborate more on some of the unique words used only by Landmarkian women or the words that were significantly favored by Landmarkian women. I'd also be willing to provide all of my test data and research to anyone who wants to take this study further.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.