Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Other experiences
Posted by: Maxui ()
Date: August 14, 2007 05:28PM

Rswinters
You say parody, I say intentional sarcasm to bash me and my posts.

Sarcasm by its very nature is intentional.

Look its quite simple - I am not a Christian nor will i ever be again.
I detest organised religion. for me, its opium for the masses.

but if it works for you then awesome- I am glad that you found something that enriches your life and allows you to produce results in the world.

I have no agenda other then to put forward my experiences and views

Options: ReplyQuote
Other experiences
Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: August 14, 2007 05:38PM

Maxui
Rswinters
You say parody, I say intentional sarcasm to bash me and my posts.

Sarcasm by its very nature is intentional.

Look its quite simple - I am not a Christian nor will i ever be again.
I detest organised religion. for me, its opium for the masses.

but if it works for you then awesome- I am glad that you found something that enriches your life and allows you to produce results in the world.

I have no agenda other then to put forward my experiences and views

Same here. All I ask is to be allowed to share equally.

Especially in regards to faith issues without being attacked. As this is allowed equal space then I will not address those posts that attack faith without proving the validity of this view either.

So if you want to address posting in a equal shared manner on these to opposing views that have just as much evidence in support of each other their. Yes, there is just as much scientific proof on either viewpoint.

Science has many contradicting viewpoints within the world of science.

All I am stating is to stop being the science police by demanding for one view to be proved for posts to be dissallowed demandinng for the scientific evidence to be looked at. While the opposite claims are made and making grand statements about how there is all this undeniable evidence without producing it for all to see. While not holding the same standard on your posts that express a viewpoint of anti faith and science as only being true.

Show up with what your demanding and this debate well be over. Otherwise I will continue to stand for equal right to share about faith and science elements in my post.

Lets see if this site is biased or not in what comes of my stance.

I hope it is one of not being biased.

But, I will let the chips fall as they need to on this matter.

Other experiences
Date: August 14, 2007 05:55PM

Hi

Simply because I detest organised religion does not mean I deny the existence of a creator.

in fact I would say that for me there is no doubt that I was put on this planet by a higher power to serve a specific purpose. A purpose that I now know and holds true for me.

and Science actually provides the proof of that.

to state my beliefs briefly
"Live your life in Love, humility and in service of others"

That is My truth and it echoes the words of great teachers like Buddha, Jesus and Mohammed. All of whom I revere very highly

Other experiences
Date: August 14, 2007 06:15PM

Maxui
Hi

Simply because I detest organised religion does not mean I deny the existence of a creator.

in fact I would say that for me there is no doubt that I was put on this planet by a higher power to serve a specific purpose. A purpose that I now know and holds true for me.

and Science actually provides the proof of that.

to state my beliefs briefly
"Live your life in Love, humility and in service of others"

That is My truth and it echoes the words of great teachers like Buddha, Jesus and Mohammed. All of whom I revere very highly

Thank you for your post. Now allow for my faith to be my faith as well. Which is just as supported by scientific evidences as well.

See we can share opposing views without bashing another by either politeness, or abrasiviness.

There is a balance. Thanks for giving us an example of how you share your faith, and how you allow for my faith to be shared.

Thats what I am talking about.

Other experiences
Date: August 14, 2007 06:28PM

It was never my intention to bash your faith. If what I have said was perceived as such I take responsibility and apologise.

for me the church didn't work i found it hypocritical and controlling however I would never presume to tell you that your faith is without merit.

again for me it is about usefulness. If an idea - correct or not - is useful in living your life in a manner that produces results then adopt it and live a better life. the church was not useful for me. if it is for you then I am glad

again have a good day my friend

Other experiences
Date: August 14, 2007 06:34PM

Maxui
It was never my intention to bash your faith. If what I have said was perceived as such I take responsibility and apologise.

for me the church didn't work i found it hypocritical and controlling however I would never presume to tell you that your faith is without merit.

again for me it is about usefulness. If an idea - correct or not - is useful in living your life in a manner that produces results then adopt it and live a better life. the church was not useful for me. if it is for you then I am glad

again have a good day my friend

Thank you. Although it is the other person who gets to state when offended.

Thanks for allowing yourself to take the responsibility for it. That gives me much respect for you. Even though we disagree on many points of view.

I also apologize for needing to stand up to posts that are not showing this level of respect as you posted here.

So, on that note. I will look at how I have been posting and take the needed responsibility on my end in learning to be civil in a disagreement.

I do apologize for my intensity on matters. I do recognize the need to tone myself down on matters of this nature.

Have a good day as well.

Other experiences
Date: August 15, 2007 04:09AM

I have agreed to disagree with Ricks stance on Faith vs. Science as he stated one is based on facts while the other is based on belief. I strongly disagree and will not remain on a forum so biased as this.

Since this is an impasse that will not be resolved. I have informed Rick that I will remove myself from this forum. There will be no need to be banned by him.

I have gained much from this forum as I have been recovering from my LGAT experience.

I will refer people to this site for information on LGAT’s while informing them of the biased stance on faith issues.

It has been a pleasure knowing you all. Have a nice life and may God richly bless each and everyone of you.

Good bye
Rswinters

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.