Disclaimers
Posted by: Regularjoe ()
Date: August 08, 2007 02:46AM

I have heard that LGATS make you sign a disclaimer, saying that you won't sue them if something goes wrong.

What kind of wording do they use? Do they just come out and ask if you have ever had a mental illness of anything?

I've no plans on ever going to one, it just seems like that should be a tip-off that something is amiss. I just wonder how they get folks to sign.

Options: ReplyQuote
Disclaimers
Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: August 08, 2007 11:04PM

Everybody uses them now. The most oppressive is one that the NLP guru Richard Bandler and the people associated with him demand:

They say that it is a "licencing agereement" and you will not teach NLP, or "anything related to NLP" (the meaning of that is entirely up to them) without taking one of their Trainer Trainings EVERY TWO YEARS...

[b:8dcfac5414]And... you agree in advance that if they decide to sue you, YOU will indemnify THEM for all of their legal expenses...[/color:8dcfac5414].[/b:8dcfac5414]

The amazingly weird thing is that Bandler was representing himself as the SOLE inventor of NLP.... disregarding the fact that it was developed in concert with John Grinder.... (and Gregory Bateson).... and for some reason, Grinder is also actively teaching NLP and does not require any of his students to sign such a statement.

Suddenly, without explanation, Bandler changed the wording from "inventor" of NLP to "co-creator" of NLP....

In my opinion, these oppressive contracts actually serve to filter out any independent minds right at the beginning.... and insure that the audience will be a compliant, uncritical, dependent and uniformly worshipful sea of faces.... as no clear thinking individual would look at language like that without deep reservations....[/size:8dcfac5414]

Disclaimers
Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: August 10, 2007 12:32PM

I just found out this week that waivers that we sign prior to attending LGAT's are not legally binding. We can still sue them, and these waivers are not worth the paper they are written on legally.

This opens up new, and very powerful options for me in exposing Klemmer.

Wahooo....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.