Does PSI use manipulators posing as seminar attendees?
Posted by: papabear ()
Date: June 07, 2007 11:05AM

My 30 year old son attended a PSI seminar this past week. A family member, a wealthy and sucessful businessman and my son's current employer, paid for his fee.
My son, unhappy in his former employment, was coming off a firey break up with his girl friend, a deep desire to settle down and start a family, was down in the dumps.
This family member offered him a position in his company and my son accepted. Soon after beginng the job he was told that all managers in the company were to attend the PSI seminar.
Wow, he thought that was a real eye opening experience and he has found true happiness.
Could it be only a mere coincidence that three "hot chicks" with interests EXACTLY like his could be found in one convienient place?
Does PSI use people like this to manipulate prime candidates into taking additional courses? He is signed up for the PSI 7 which is less than a month away. Again, the tab was picked up by the company.
These women are already lined up as dates before he leaves for Caifornia. Could this be a sneaky tactic to keep him distracted and not have time to focus on the methods used in his trainning?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: catburglar ()
Date: June 08, 2007 05:48AM

Could be. Thinking back to the Basic I attended in Phoenix last weekend, it seems remarkable to me that there were a couple of attendees who oh-so-eagerly jumped up to 'share' very poignant personal stories. The facilitator, Jeff Rogers, was able to give oh-so-perceptive answers to their dilemmas. Throughout the weekend, these attendees shared repeatedly, becoming quite popular with the group. They were the 'stars' of the seminar. Not surprisingly, they kept having very productive 'breakthroughs', thanks to Super Facilitator Man Jeff (natch). By the end of the weekend, they were vastly improved, and singing the praises of Jeff and PSI. Of course, they signed up for PSI7.

I don't know if they were legit or not but I'm pretty dubious of everything that went on there. Oh yeah, there were a preponderance of "hot babes", of both genders, in my group too. When I was there I just thought, "Who knew that Barbie and Ken had so many emotional problems?" Now, I'm a little skeptical about that, too.

Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: June 08, 2007 08:54AM

Papabear,

The answer to you question is yes. PSI uses past graduates from the basic and PSI7 to “staff” the basic. It's basically free labor and more money for them. PSI will tell you that once you complete PSI7 you can audit the basic class at no charge. They also tell you that you can attend as many times as you want. Several times I re-audited the basic and was placed into a group with the new people attending. I was told not to tell the new people what we were about to do so as not to ruin the experience for them.

I also remember back to the time I was invited to a basic graduation by my friend. I remember people standing up and telling their stories about how PSI changed their lives. Looking back on this I remember the argument I had with my husband that night. I tried to talk him into taking the basic and pointed out the people who stood and related their stories and how it had helped them. My husband said these people reminded him of “shills” planted in a group to tout the possibilities of PSI. Naturally I got pissed off when he said this and wouldn’t listen anymore; but looking back he was right.

When I staffed the basic I saw the same people infiltrating the micro-groups, acting like it was their first time and pretending to sign up for PSI7 without any hesitation. If you were a first timer and had some doubts how much convincing would you need when someone you sat next to for four days signed up without hesitation? I think about this from time to time and wonder if there was one in my group.

And just so you know I ruined my relationship with my husband, family and friends because of PSI. I have tried to explain this to some of my PSI “friends” and were told to “stop being a victim.”

Posted by: Ghost Dancer ()
Date: June 08, 2007 10:52AM

Cat, I remember going to my wife's basic grad night and thinking there were people in the audience talking the up side of PSI. I also thought that those people who stood up and offered their life story just talked in circles. I remember having the thought that this was too pat. Guess my spider sense was going off.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.