Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Special Introduction About The Landmark Forum
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: May 25, 2007 01:55AM

Kitty,
If you're hoping to influence a person already brainwashed into landmarkia by attending an introduction, you will still have the same fight on your hands afterward. The programming doesn't allow for reason or logic to penetrate the landmarkian mind and certainly will not 'hear' the concerns of someone who cares about a person already manipulated. I attended an introduction once with the same intentions you have and all it accomplished was a broken relationship and greater ostracization from the enlightened ones. You will simply find that you will be a person in the life of a landmarker who needs coaching on how to deal with your rebuttals, arguments and valid concerns. Its just my opinion but I don't believe attending an introduction will help rescue your friend, if he is a true convert his handlers will not allow him to sucuumb to reason. I hope I'm wrong but the brainwashing is powerful and is no respecter of logic or common sense. They play for keeps and apparently, at any cost.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: May 25, 2007 04:48AM

kittymom1979
Thank you all for your advice, I am going to be going into "enemy teritory" on June 20th, wish me luck, I am going to go into this thinking its a "date" with a guy who I know is only on the date to sleep with me and I will say no, LOL funny way of thinking about it huh?
So they let you think about it until June 20th? How many times will your acquintance ask you to "RECOMMIT" I wonder... :P

Be aware of them - I spent 4 years in this organization - 2 years leading
introductions (small ones up to about 5-7 people). I am still struggling with the after effects.

I agree with ON2 LF that you probably will gain very little by going to this introduction. If you go away not enrolled your friend will be coached about what is stopping him/her in enrollment. It's circular thinking were
the coachee will loose at the end unless he/she enrolls you. They don't
care about you one bit. It is just looking good in their statistics if you enroll and REALLY BAD if you don't.

nettie

Posted by: nettie ()
Date: May 25, 2007 04:49AM

kittymom1979
Thank you all for your advice, I am going to be going into "enemy teritory" on June 20th, wish me luck, I am going to go into this thinking its a "date" with a guy who I know is only on the date to sleep with me and I will say no, LOL funny way of thinking about it huh?
So they let you think about it until June 20th? How many times will your acquintance ask you to "RECOMMIT" I wonder... :P

Be aware of them - I spent 4 years in this organization - 2 years leading
introductions (small ones up to about 5-7 people). I am still struggling with the after effects.

I agree with ON2 LF that you probably will gain very little by going to this introduction. If you go away not enrolled your friend will be coached about what is stopping him/her in enrollment. It's circular thinking were
the coachee will loose at the end unless he/she enrolls you. They don't
care about you one bit. It is just looking good in their statistics if you enroll and REALLY BAD if you don't.

nettie

Posted by: kittymom1979 ()
Date: May 25, 2007 07:26AM

My friend does not know I am going to this, she and I live in different cities, so I will be going to the Landmark center in my home town. She and I have not spoken in almost two months due to her involvement with Landmark, what is this "coaching" thing people keep talking about?

Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: May 25, 2007 09:40AM

u are playing with fire. dont get burned.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: May 25, 2007 12:16PM

But if you survive the fire you will be stronger...

PS LGAT flames burn at such a low temperature that only the tissue paper people get singed...

PPS I do not mean to offend LGAT survivors! I mean only to applaud the weighty testimonies of those who have survived. There can be no substitute.

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: May 29, 2007 06:36AM

"My friend does not know I am going to this, she and I live in different cities, so I will be going to the Landmark center in my home town. She and I have not spoken in almost two months due to her involvement with Landmark, what is this "coaching" thing people keep talking about?"

The coaching thing is where the landmarkers coach a converted person on how to deal with anything, anyone, and everything to do with skeptical and critical 'outsider' reasoning. My landmark friend was coached out of a friendship with me because I was not going to be a slam dunk. The coaching is what happens when a convert is at risk of falling prey to reason and common sense. 'Coaching' in the world of landmark is actually landmark's thought reform programming maintainence and repair system.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.