Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Will you please calm down and see into it a little deeper?
Posted by: shakti ()
Date: May 21, 2007 11:23PM

exImpact
seawan
The Secret makes use of some "ancient" theories and although it far from "accurate", but I see the "positive" side of it.
But, logic is built upon a premise and conclusion format. Your term "far from 'accurate'" actually means WRONG. If you conclude a "positive" from a set of statements you [i:cadc827372]yourself[/i:cadc827372] admit to being wrong, how in the hell can you assume your conclusion isn't just as [i:cadc827372]wrong[/i:cadc827372] as the false statements present in it's foundation? Sloppy reasoning. As to address the stubbornness of the mind, I ask; stubborn how? Stubborn because we tend to be skeptical in a world full of liars and the delusional who have used religion and God itself for [i:cadc827372]centuries[/i:cadc827372] as an excuse to cheat and murder for financial gain and worldly power? Wow, how stubborn of us, to not want to blindly follow the idiots and maniacs of the world.
As far as the heart and mind problem, what if there is only a distinction if you are choosing to make one? There is no logical proof that there is a difference between the two beyond the biological. Your "mind" feels love and seeks wisdom, not your heart. Your heart pumps blood. It is more likely that your brain should be assigned all of the emotional and spiritual attributes the heart is. Why not? It certainly is the only organ complicated enough to generate these feelings and responses. In my opinion, it is superstition, and the distinction is a difference that makes no difference.

Yeah, even when I was a kid the whole "listen to your heart" thing annoyed me. I've done it, you know what it says? Thump-thump-thump-thump. I get the concept of a "gut feeling" or "intuition" but all that is a higher part of your brain that knows what is truly good for you, despite the temptations of the moment.

"My brain tells me one thing, but my heart says another." Ugggh. How many times have I heard that cliche in a movie?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: May 26, 2007 05:51AM

The weird thing about the title of this thread is that seldom are LGAT-brainwashed folk calm and they certainly have trouble looking into things deeper.

Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: May 26, 2007 07:50AM

Jack Oskar Larm
The weird thing about the title of this thread is that seldom are LGAT-brainwashed folk calm and they certainly have trouble looking into things deeper.
I was going to say something similar (but I forgot to) like: the weird thing about the title of the thread was the title.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.