Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Dealing with the arrogance of "Graduates"
Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: May 10, 2007 10:21AM

question lady
Release Technique also uses the "ego" and "resistence" tool to keep people from trusting themselves . It's like they have people convinced that their own minds and feelings are the enemy. Well, not its not like that - it is that. RT says "your mind is your enemy".
Impact does the exact same thing. They differentiate your spirit from your "ego mind". Your ego is the part of you that thinks and is thusly the source of your limiting beliefs. It is a powerful example of self-defeating behavior. Although they tell you that you have to embrace it to be free of it. It's all the same double-talk semantics garbage. I'll have think about your problem a little more before I'll be able to give you any suggestions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: May 10, 2007 11:57AM

question lady
It's tough balancing my responsibilities to my husband, and my responsibilites to myself.

That's how it was with my sister. After a couple years of being criticized and admonished by her (and some serious betrayals that had not happened our entire 5 decades), I realized that I felt abused by her and decided that my responsibility to myself took precedence. I stopped trying to have the relationship we used to have; I finally could see that it was over. As much as I didn't want to believe it was over, there was some relief in finally admitting it. I felt as if I'd been beating my head against a wall and it felt better to stop. Trying to have the old relationship with the new person was taking its toll on me.

It sickens me to know that this story happens frequently after someone goes through an lgat. My sister thinks our story stands alone and relates to our own history. She does not know (and I think does not want to know because she denies it when I tell her what I've learned) that what we experienced is much bigger than the two of us. She thinks the lgat is a negligible factor in the breakdown of our relationship of decades. I remind her that before the lgat we had managed to keep our relationship going through thick and thin. But it couldn't withstand the destructiveness of an lgat.

Reading about the larger pattern of the lgat effect on relationships, via individual stories here, has helped me make sense of something that made no sense to me and tormented me for a few years.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: May 10, 2007 05:49PM

There may be specific, personal reasons for relationship breakdowns, but in a healthy relationship communication can be restored...unless you're dealing with someone who is intent on their point of view. Yeah, okay, we all have 'strong' points of view, but in a healthy relationship there's are at least degrees of give and take. Compromise and acceptance.

Why is it that a LGAT programmed individual has to end a discussion by calling me arrogant. Yeah, I can admit that I'm pig-headed, sometimes, but it's a passing phase, something I can yield when 'they' have a point. But when I feel there is more to it than meets their limited language...by golly...it can be a terminal mess! But at least I don't resort to name calling!

Thank the lords of free speech and technology that we have this forum, at least, to talk. Arrogant, indeed. :roll:

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.