Current Page: 7 of 7
Landmark Forum Revisited
Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: June 17, 2007 04:41AM

You're right, Sounds like this, describing NLP on wikipedia:

Freelance writer Steve Salerno states that Anthony Robbins "made NLP his own, refining it and personalizing it into what he christened "neuroassociative conditioning" (NAC). Salerno goes on to claim of Robbins (and other lifestyle trainers or systems) that he "actually fans the fires of discontent, making people feel impaired or somehow deficient as a prelude to (supposedly) curing them"

'd forgotten all this, but you've reminded me. Same thing on quest, different words. Also about how you are programmed by traumas in the past, and that creates associations and buttons, so that you're just a big machine reacting from dumb programming all the time. So every time you have a negative reaction its because someone pushed your buttons and then you're acting from programming and living in the past, and that's bad. There was some story about The Dog Called Spot, but I don't remember the details. I wouldn't be surprised if LM also do the Dog Called Spot. I'll never call any dog of mine Spot. Maybe I got a brand new anti-Spot button.

Of course if you have an 'awesome experience' or a breakthrough, that's real and authentic, no buttons involved.

Options: ReplyQuote
Landmark Forum Revisited
Posted by: maurice ()
Date: June 17, 2007 10:44AM

SaneAgain
Of course if you have an 'awesome experience' or a breakthrough, that's real and authentic, no buttons involved.

This reminds me of another thing. I've said that for the lekkies life is empty and meaningless and everything is made up. So one day that i was tired of the coaching i told my coach something like this:
"listen, if life is empty and meaningless even your possibilities you are so fond of are just made up like everything else. It's all empty and meaningless so get over yourself because your possibilities are fake like your rackets".
She went pale and speachless for half a minute and then she started mumbling "that's not....ehr...that's not true...what you create is not false, it's not made up, i mean, you create it, so it's true"
"no lady, it's not. life is empty and meaningless, things happen and then you die. you just pick up a better dream, but it will never work cause deep inside you know it's all meaningless ayway. So where is the power?"
"no no it's not true if you create it it's true..."
With the leader it didn't work, but she had a hard time to put this contraddiction straight (she didn't, she changed the subject and made it personal, are you being your act blah blah)

Landmark Forum Revisited
Date: June 17, 2007 04:21PM

LOL!!

And that 'get over yourself' line! When all else fails..."get over yourself".

Landmark Forum Revisited
Date: June 17, 2007 10:40PM

"EVENING SESSION
"III. TRANSFORMATION AS A WAY OF LIVING"
"In The Landmark Forum, the notion of possibility moves from an abstract ideal to a day-to-day living reality. Life becomes framed in a new way. The way we approach the world, and the way the world approaches us, changes.
The Landmark Forum leaves you with an ability to relate to life with new freedom and power. The abilities you learn never leave you, and are yours forever. The Landmark Forum is not a one-time event. It is a moment-by-moment approach to being alive."

COMMENTARY
So we are now at the end of the forum, this is the closing of the evening session and the end of the syllabus. Between part II and part III there is a little speech like 'now if you like this, go to the tables and sign up' and some 30 minutes of break to let the guest register and the participants and the staff pressure them. Before enough is enough, you're called back to your seats.
These are the last lines before the goodbyes. the little voice in your head (your brain) is shut up forever, go out in the world and remember never to listen to it again. Your personality is just a sack of misery, so never be yourself again, be a lekkie (they'll say 'be your possibility). Expect breakdowns, so sign up for the next course and then the next and we'll readily cure them and give you another dose of high. If you liked the forum, sign for more. If you didn't, you need to sign to do it again, because you didn't understand it. If you stop using landmark, if you quit, if you leave, if you don't sign for new courses, you'll lose everything you got, you'll be back to be the asshole you were before and you didn't know you were and you didn't know you didn't know you were an asshole. I repeat: if you quit you'll lose everything and your life will be hell. 'The abilities you learn never leave you, are yours forever'. This is what my leader said the tuesday night: "you can never go back to what you were before. What you just learned will always be with you. Sorry guys, you're screwed! [in a funny tone, everybody giggle]. You'll always here a voice telling you 'this is your racket!' if you try to run it. But you'll never be happy because now you know you'll be running your racket, you can't justify yourself anymore". Bring your people inside. Landmark is good (if you think it's not, it's because you are not), so if you love them, you register them. And if you don't register them, that means you don't love them. I repeat: IF YOU DON'T REGISTER YOUR LOVED ONES YOU DON'T REALLY LOVE THEM, because you don't give them the chance to learn this technology.
The very last sentence is always: "and now the last thing: everything we said here, it's not true".
What is that line for? a funny existentialist joke? it sounds like that, but it's much worse. It's basically their disclaimer. If you start to question them, if you start to disobey, if you start to rebel them, they'll 'coach you', they'll bully you and if nothing of that works, if the 'you're being your racket' doesn't work that's the last resource they use: "don't you remember we said 'nothing we said is true?' so you're right, relax, no need to fight, go back to your seat. Nothing we said is true, so you don't need to get upset or fight us. You now it's not true, so now please, go back to your seat'.

So now, how to sum up what is the forum and what is life in a cult? it's easy. Landmark promise you that "everything you want for yourself and your life is available out of your participation in the landmark forum". Out of your participation in the forum, LANDMARK WILL BE EVERYTHING YOU WANT FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR LIFE AND EVERYONE ELSE'S. Then staying inside of landmark is all it takes to have everything you want (i.e., more landmark). Some people will not like it. Some people will get hurt: therapy, suicides, some killings, schizophrenia, most likely stress and depression, but worry not about them: they are those who didn't get it, who didn't get that landmark gives you everything you want because landmark IS everything you want. You wanna stay inside, bring everyone you know inside, work for landmark, live with lekkies, work with lekkies (if you keep a paid job), date lekkies, marry lekkies, bring up your children with the forum for kids and the forum for teens. Landmark gives you access to what you don't know you don't know. What you don't know you don't know is that landmark is everything you want. And the forum will show you that. The proof that the outsiders are evil and don't understand, is that they don't want landmark. If they understood, they would want it. Don't let them bring you out of possibility. Bring them inside or leave them. Landmark doesn't tell anyone to cut off from families and/or friends. But the technology is based on enrollment: you need mind control to keep feeling the high, and the best way to keep mind control on is to manipulate others in the same way. That's why possibility is possible only with enrollment. People dependent on mind control have to use these tools on each others. So it follows that those who are not open to enrollment, those who do not support your transformation, are on the long term useless at best, dangerous at worst, so you'll eventually cut them off of your life. No leader will openly tell you 'leave them'. They say, 'possibility is created with enrollment, and only with enrollment. So enroll them....[or else....well, if you really can't enroll them....they're not helpful to your transformation, they only keep your act alive by relating with it....of course you can keep them in your life but....make your choice....].
Most of the people get some benefit of sort, for which they will be forever loyal to landmark and they will tell you that after landmark they are become better people, lovely people, extraordinary people up for world peace who just don't give a damn about those who suffered or are suffering because of landmark. After all, they got what they wanted, so the technology works, and the people ruined..well, it's their business. They didn't get it. 94% are happy, so the rest of the people...well it's a fair price to pay to get what you want: "which company doesn't receive any complanit?" or worse: "Look at me! i'm a lekkie! I am love! I am peace! I am full of friendship and compassion and i want to make a difference to the world! so if the tools to make it are gonna ruin some lives, given those lives are a minority it's fine to use these tools and spread them. You anti-cult people should be ashamed of yourself! I am lovely! I love everyone! and I am gonna love everyone with this technology even if it destroys those who don't love it!".
Myself, I obviously want a great life, but i don't want to be brainwashed into a delusion of a great life. And such a delusion, even if someone would like it, it can't justify the suffering it creates. Everyone would love to have an extraordinary life, but I won't accept any benefit coming from something that hurt a lot of other people. That's just a price i can't pay. I could never say "thanks to landmark technology i'm less shy so i support it even if people weaker than me got ruined or killed themselves or got hospitalized". I just don't have it in me to turn a blind eye to crimes just because the criminals gave me something. Yet i did that. I didn't have it, and they put it in me. After the forum i would smile seeing people abused. "oh, this coaching is great..i can see the shift...". After the forum i would con my friends to come to the evenings. "I know something that could help you, it helped me..". Thank God no one ever came.

I want to close this revision of the forum saying this: I have been a lekkie. I completely got it. I got everything. I was invited to become a leader. When i realized i've spent almost two years clapping at abusers and criticizing the people who just couldn't suffer it anymore, when i discovered all the pain landmark is responsible for and i realized what danger i exposed my friends to...That's evil. that is evil. The technology create a new evil you where everything that matters is you and what you want. But i don't blame myself because THAT WAS NOT ME. It was a cult clone they brainwashed me to be. I didn't choose to be lied to. I didn't attract brainwashing. I didn't create deception in my reality. I didn't send approval to being bullied.

This is landmark. If you wanna sign up, go to the back of the room.

Landmark Forum Revisited
Date: June 21, 2007 02:58AM

I didn't choose to be lied to. I didn't attract brainwashing. I didn't create deception in my reality. I didn't send approval to being bullied.

Exactly.

Landmark Forum Revisited
Posted by: question lady ()
Date: June 21, 2007 03:42AM

maurice
I didn't send approval to being bullied.

I'm curious about the approval thing. Is this a Landmark "teaching". My husband is in The Release Technique and he is always sending approval to everything.

Landmark Forum Revisited
Date: June 21, 2007 03:55AM

question lady
maurice
I didn't send approval to being bullied.

I'm curious about the approval thing. Is this a Landmark "teaching". My husband is in The Release Technique and he is always sending approval to everything.

I was just quoting some of the various cult mottos that i've seen around this forum as a form of empathy with all the other former members who've been repeatedly told 'you chose it', 'you didn't get it' in the various different cult languages.

Re: Landmark Forum Revisited
Posted by: rafaelrarq ()
Date: November 17, 2020 09:06PM

"i thought i was happy, but the truth is i was inauthentic in may relationships. One day, when i was three, a girl in my kindergarden laughed at me and that's why i'm single. Now, thanks to landmark, i can invent the possibility of being lovely".

Oh my GOD. How could I've been SO STUPID! I was a bit insecure and in grave when I took LF, but now I realize that I have a good life. I was brave, I was an action person, and I was someone that loves life besides the things that was bad in life.

But Forum made my low self steem even lower, I started to hate my self without perceive it. And now that I love who I am, now that I realize that Life is ABUNDANT and MEANINFUL an that LE lies. I just can't take my life back to normal.

It was just 2 years, a course, some volunteering and an evening seminar. I wonder how is it for the one who took the whole shit.

How do you get your life back, I don't know, I just feel like I can't trust myself because I became a lekkie.

Plese I need help. Here in Brazil I didn't found anyone to talk about it. I looking for HELP.

Re: Landmark Forum Revisited
Posted by: kdag ()
Date: January 19, 2021 10:20AM

rafaelrarq

You wrote:
"But Forum made my low self steem even lower, I started to hate my self without perceive it."

That's exactly what the Forum, (and pretty much what all Landmark and LGATS programs), are designed to do. Don't be too hard on yourself.

I guess it IS important to talk about it. You might want to find a therapist who helps people through trauma. I did talk to my therapist about it. If nothing else, they can act as a sounding board. They can bolster your strength, when you bring up some of the crazy stuff they tried to teach you, and confirm that it was indeed, b.s.

What I think I found most helpful, in the end, was just to get back into normal conversations with normal people. Hang around with family and friends who have nothing to do with Landmark or any other, similar, organization. Go on a picnic with friends, join a hiking group and take walks together, go to Bed, Bath & Beyond with your mom. Just let Time work its magic. Good luck!

Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.