Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
The thread for express
Posted by: Rookie ()
Date: January 31, 2004 08:13AM

<<<Rookie,

My error apparently.
I was unable to derive "My statement is saying that you model your parents whether you like it or not. " from your three lines.
I like the structure of that sentence. It is forceful and direct to the point.
The other post was too ambiguous for me to grasp your intent.
I think it was my inability to properly interpret a sentence beginning with And.
There may may also some confusion about the others that have a choice in the matter, since only many don't have choice.
There was a conversation about choosing your parents at LEC and I wondered if you were refering to that idea.
I wondered what the key was meant to unlock.
I assumed that you were transposing the term clone for modeling. Was that accurate?

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Guy>>>

You read a lot into things. No wonder you got caught up in Landmark at one time in your life. I think they do well with people who love to analyze. Stories, stories and more stories.

It was just a stupid sentence I wrote.

Best of luck in your recovery.

Options: ReplyQuote
The thread for express
Posted by: Guy ()
Date: January 31, 2004 11:59AM

So you do speak Landmarkese...
Tell us more about yourself.

Rookie

You read a lot into things. No wonder you got caught up in Landmark at one time in your life. I think they do well with people who love to analyze. Stories, stories and more stories.

It was just a stupid sentence I wrote.

Best of luck in your recovery.

The thread for express
Posted by: elena ()
Date: January 31, 2004 01:19PM

You posted to Guy:

>>You read a lot into things. No wonder you got caught up in Landmark at one time in your life. I think they do well with people who love to analyze. Stories, stories and more stories.

It was just a stupid sentence I wrote.>>>

It seems to me that the opposite would be the more likely scenario. Anyone with a penchant for analysis would do a quick take on Landmark and probably discard it into the pile of silly and useless at best, creepy and dangerous at worst, mass deception/pyramid scheme/mind-cure/motivation/salesman's training with some weird mind-control connotations. In fact, to suggest what you've suggested above indicates a poor understanding of the mechanisms of psychological manipulation that groups like Landmark use to recruit and retain members.

I am curious about your motives, Rookie. Some of your posts seem odd, to say the least. Have you come here to increase your knowledge about cults and psychological manipulation or was it to take a few potshots and type up some stupid sentences?

Ellen

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.