Current Page: 3 of 4
The 'logic' of The Secret...
Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: July 08, 2007 05:57AM

It is anti-thinking that saves the cult-lgat-guru from the difficult work of explaining how the cult-lgat-guru does its' stuff.... if everything is thrown back into the domain of the perceiver, a la "what you perceive is what you achieve".. then the spiffy self improvement folks don't have to take responsibility when the progam doesn't live up to it's biling.... the Scientologists have mastered this form of critical burden shifting, if Scientology isn't working... well... fool... you have implants and need more... Scientology. The lesser Bafoonerie [/size:fb12fd6a94]have a simplified version of the above.... you say you want X but if you really really wanted X you would get X, so you must not really really want X.... and we should be thankful they caught that racket... so thus, whatever is going on isn't want you think you want, but what you really, really want... and you can't blame THEM if things go horribly wrong, because THE SECRET is that's the manifestation of your true inner supersecret self....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: July 10, 2007 12:40AM

ON2 LF,

Great quote, by the way. I've known about it for years, but hadn't connected it to lgats. Perfect connection! Thanks!

I found this one on another list:

The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by
its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which
blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves. D. James

I did not realize Voltaire's quote was from such a long time ago! I wonder what a landmarkian prototype would have looked like in the 1700's? :shock:

D. James must have been conned at one time or another by some scambagging organization too!
We really are our own worst enemy aren't we? Sometimes I wonder if it is just simple ignorance that makes us so susceptible to the conmen/women of this world or if its just the endless inner vacuum we all seem to have until we've found something (or someone) to fill it with.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: July 16, 2007 06:03AM

From an article from yesterday's paper: Ms Byrne is now worth about $50 million Aussie dollars. She certainly knows what the secret is: she simply followed the basic Capitalistic formula of hard work and networking. From that point of view, good luck to her. It's just a shame that we mere mortals have to latch onto the next 'big' thing like our lives depended on it. To me, there's a little hollow ringing with all this easy money making: Rowling, Gates, Byrne, Werner, etc, etc. - It's just one big lolly/candy shop ... and the proofs on street level. We may not have rotten teeth, but something smells awfully bad!

Just rub that snake-oil in real good and proper!

[i:340640afc7]I just hope Byrne has an altruistic side.[/i:340640afc7]

Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: July 16, 2007 07:18AM

ON2 LF
We really are our own worst enemy aren't we? Sometimes I wonder if it is just simple ignorance that makes us so susceptible to the conmen/women of this world or if its just the endless inner vacuum we all seem to have until we've found something (or someone) to fill it with.

In my opinion this inner vacuum we all have is what I see as the aspect that these LGAT's feed upon that are within each and every participant buying into this philosphy.

As I look at myself, and what got me hooked. This is exactly what Klemmer & Associates played upon when I was suckered by them.

Only now the vacuum is stronger from all the destruction this black hole philosphy produces in a participants lives.

In my case, the destruction woke me up to the lies.

In many others that I know still trapped in the philosphy. It is like watching a dog chase its tail as they pursue the never satisfying path of hedonism in their lives.

Which can only be stopped by accepting hedonism is a hunger which no man can satisfy in our world. Yet, there is the hope that is dangled in front of their noses in this philosphy that if they do "whatever" that they will arrive.

Well, its time to say it for what it is here.

THERE IS NO ARRIVAL, AND THERE IS NO POT AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW.

Getting financial abundance is not all that makes up life. The pursuit of this as a way to be happy is an empty life, and sad life.

Contentment will not be found there, and it never can be found there.

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: July 17, 2007 02:45AM

Rswinters
Only now the vacuum is stronger from all the destruction this black hole philosphy produces in a participants lives.

Very true. Not only are the very things the lgat promised to address left wholly [i:de217683e2]unaddressed[/i:de217683e2], there are now new issues to address too, a few of which are betrayal of trust, exploitation and covert manipulation. These new issues are HUGE for me. HUGE!

Posted by: fatherof3 ()
Date: July 18, 2007 10:14AM

Cosmic Connie,

I want you to know that your attitude not your words are what really sculpt your life. I was born with health problems i didnt attract it. I have gone throught 6 open heart surgeries a heart transplant and cancer and i know that i didnt attract it by my words. I managed to get through all this and today i am doing better but what has really amazed me is that by changing my thinking and telling myself that i am healthy i have for the last year been healthier feeling then i have for a long time. I wonder if i would have done this when i was young could i have prevented alot of things from happening. I truely dont think so because God is more powerful then any Secret. I feel that we go through life and the experiences we have mold us and teach us. It is how we deal with the situation that makes the difference in the outcome. I am not saying that the Secret is totally true but the idea of positive thinking can really do alot in our life. The mind is i believe a very powerful tool. Far powerful then we even know.

Fatherof3

Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: July 19, 2007 02:01AM

fatherof3
Cosmic Connie,

I want you to know that your attitude not your words are what really sculpt your life. I was born with health problems i didnt attract it. I have gone throught 6 open heart surgeries a heart transplant and cancer and i know that i didnt attract it by my words. I managed to get through all this and today i am doing better but what has really amazed me is that by changing my thinking and telling myself that i am healthy i have for the last year been healthier feeling then i have for a long time. I wonder if i would have done this when i was young could i have prevented alot of things from happening. I truely dont think so because God is more powerful then any Secret. I feel that we go through life and the experiences we have mold us and teach us. It is how we deal with the situation that makes the difference in the outcome. I am not saying that the Secret is totally true but the idea of positive thinking can really do alot in our life. The mind is i believe a very powerful tool. Far powerful then we even know.

Fatherof3

I like what you shared here Fatherof3. It is different than what I have been reading on the Impact thread.

Posted by: elena ()
Date: July 20, 2007 09:38PM

Sounds like they're taking their cues from the moldering old corpse of L. Ron Hubbard and his dictum about enslaving men by offering them total freedom.

[www.freedomplanonline.com]

"The Freedom Plan is a business that combines mindset transformation with a financial business model that produces realization of true abundance."

Ellen

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: August 01, 2007 04:14AM

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Voltaire

I would so love to know for certain if Voltaire had been affected by some LGAT back in his day. He must have lived next door to some seriously 'indoctrinated' existential philosopher.

Whatever the case may have been, Voltaire rocked.

Posted by: army-of-me ()
Date: August 01, 2007 05:46AM

On Saturday, I was watching a Saturday Night Live rerun and this skit came on about "the Secret", and I HAD to share it:
[vids.myspace.com]

Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.