Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Post-landmark concentration syndrome
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: October 01, 2007 10:01AM

Hope thank you for bringing this up. I too have been having problems with trying to concentrate with my daily activities every since I was involved in PSI. I used to enjoy reading and writing and find I can't concentrate on what I am reading.

I too went to a PhD for therapy and found she also didn't know anything about LGATS and the effects it's had on people. Since I've been seeing her she has started reading up on these groups and is amazed the effects this is having on people. She even told me that during her sessions with other patients, at least some not all, she has learned that they too are victims of these groups. She also does court ordered divorce counseling and has started asking couples who are ordered to counseling if one or the other has been to this training. She told me that three out of ten new couples have gone to this training and shortly after their return one or the other file for divorce. I wonder how many people simply slip through the cracks?

I wonder if a specialized trauma counsellor first, then an exit counsellor wouldn't be what is needed after extensive involvement in an LGAT? How does one begin to address the issues of being so severly manipulated and abused by an LGAT before they've addressed the issues on how brutally those abuses and manipulations were implemented?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: October 01, 2007 10:13AM

Hope
Vic-Luc,
I wasted a short amount of time with her before I found two wonderful MLSWs who specialized in cults and their ilk.

Glad you found someone good. Glad to hear it. I don't know what quack would send someone to LE or advise them to without doing any research.

Date: October 01, 2007 12:41PM

Hope
Vic-Luc,

The "doctor" I was referring to was the one I needed therapy FOR. He was up to his eyeballs in Landmark Education and used their "technology" in his practice without informing his patients he was doing. In the aftermath, I went to a PhD in Psych, who did not know anything about Landmark (except that it is helpful for some people, she said). I wasted a short amount of time with her before I found two wonderful MLSWs who specialized in cults and their ilk.

This story may or may not have any relation to the types of unethical practices used by some psychologists as mentioned on this thread, but I thought it was interesting that there is actually some governing body one could complain to.
[www.canada.com]

In 1998, Larre registered as a psychologist in B.C.

His work, however, has prompted a number of complaints to the B.C. College of Psychologists in recent years, court documents show. There were no allegations of abuse, but individuals and other psychologists have questioned his methods and the quality of his work. Last November, the college held an extraordinary hearing and suspended his registration pending a disciplinary hearing because it felt he posed "an immediate risk to the public." The public, however, was never told of that at the time.

The B.C. law that governs most, and soon all, recognized health professions states that it is the duty of a college to serve and protect the public. But the Health Professions Act places no onus on colleges to publish disciplinary decisions in a timely manner, as required in other jurisdictions. Instead, colleges are required only to let a member of the public "inspect" the registry, which shows whether psychologists have ever had their registrations suspended or revoked or had conditions or limitations placed on their registrations.

I wonder if the self identified psychologists of landmark education or other LGAT groups can be formally disciplined for their involvement in practices that prove a danger to the public?

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: October 01, 2007 12:44PM

Jeri442
I wonder how many people simply slip through the cracks?

I'm wondering this myself. Lekkies seem to write off people that have had mental health issues afterwards as people that already had a problem to begin with.

Since the majority of the population in general doesn't seek any mental health treatment I bet there is a substantial number of people out there suffering as a result of what they have been subjected too in LGAT's.

Then the ones that do seek help don't get adequate treatment because of the lack of knowledge of the praticioners regarding LGAT's.

Date: October 01, 2007 12:56PM

The story in the link below involves two chirpractors but it is encouraging that the health act governing them covers psychologists as well. Sounds like the lawmakers want to get tougher with the professionals they govern. Can't wait to see a first complaint lodged against a psychologist that uses or pushes LGAT tactics on clients.

[www.canada.com]

The B.C. government has indicated that when all health professions are covered by the Health Professions Act -- a proposal currently in draft form, awaiting the return of the legislature -- it might consider toughening the act. That's not enough.

The laws must put the public interest first, ahead of any professional or regulatory interests.

its also encouraging to see teachers being discussed in this context, especially since landmarkia is slithering into schools its brand of 'education'. At least the teachers will be held accountable for protecting students from harm at a more recognizable level.

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: October 05, 2007 07:33PM

Landmark teachings are all useless in the context of true creative and successful work. Creativity needs time, work and endurance, not hype, endless phone calls and nonsense coachings

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.