more on werner's, "look at ME, ME, ME" campaign
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: January 13, 2007 09:30AM

something worth disrupting with information leaflets at the doors...

A sneak preview of “Transformation” will be shown at the National
Cinema Board of Canada in Montreal on January 17th 2007 at 7:00 p.m. For
tickets and information visit: [www.mpaevum.com]

The official theatrical release will begin with a premiere in New York
in April followed by screenings in select major cities. A television
broadcast and DVD sales will follow.

Visit [transformationfilm.com] for
updates!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Europe-girl ()
Date: January 13, 2007 03:12PM

D*mn, I took a peak and I heard his voice... I guess they used the many tapes that he launched back then. Like a voice from the past.

It's so sad this movie, because now they make it seem really harmless...

Posted by: Europe-girl ()
Date: January 13, 2007 03:24PM

Correction, looks like everything is on video-tape.
So Landmark tries to ban the French documentary, but this film is OK??
It's sickening, because now it's like what happened back then, with the insulting and screaming of WE - is: "okay for those days, but nowadays we do it softer". It's like approving everything that happened back then and thus... approving everything that happens now. :x

Date: January 13, 2007 10:47PM

So Landmark tries to ban the French documentary, but this film is OK??

yup, its all about establishing that "empty and meaningless" legacy...makes about as much sense, to me, as two bald guys fighting over a comb. :shock:

Posted by: elena ()
Date: January 17, 2007 01:34AM

Funny but there are still lots and lots of "Werner-Worshipers" around, many of them still involved with Landmark and ~the work.~ Some are just as stubborn in their denial of his history and his hypocrisy as they are about any other bad news about Landmark. They have a whole raft of "explanations" for his behavior that they satisfy or comfort themselves with that make no more sense than any of the other non-sensical stuff that gets passed around within the cult.

I would think anyone not familiar with Werner Erhard and his stupid "trainings" would recoil in horror at his screeching nasal voice and preposterous sermons. "True believers" will always think he is uttering some earth-shatteringly profound revelation when he repeats "You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground," even though there are probably only a tiny number of brain-damaged or brain-dead in the whole history of the human race who might not be able to make the distinction.

No, who would think a slimey con-man would become a guru in the eyes of so many, but there it is -- we've got a bunch of them with no end in sight. There are people who will believe just about anything, if packaged and delivered in the right "program." Makes you wonder how we've survived this far.

Ellen

Date: January 17, 2007 03:01AM

No, who would think a slimey con-man would become a guru in the eyes of so many, but there it is -- we've got a bunch of them with no end in sight. There are people who will believe just about anything, if packaged and delivered in the right "program." Makes you wonder how we've survived this far.
Great points, as ever! I guess a scuzball zero becomes a 'hero' because of the truth in the expression, "if you don't know where you're going, you'll end up somewhere else." It seems that most people that end up idolizing characters like werner were people that went looking for direction and meaning outside themselves. They don't realize that they haven't found it yet.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: January 17, 2007 05:45AM

Yeah, how did we get this far? Proves that the human animal is a tough and resourceful little beast. Perhaps, we've got more lives thatn a cat ...

There are people who will believe just about anything, if packaged and delivered in the right "program."

One undeniable pattern shared by those who seek salvation outside of themselves is having to be at the 'bottom of the well' before they 'draw water'. Poetics aside, what seems clear to me is that people have to be at a kind of ebb or trough in their lives before they take up a religion or a cult. I mean, how many true believers of a church are there because they'd suffered some kind of tragedy in their lives: the addict rescued from the gutter; the person who's had too many bad days for a life time, etc, etc.

No, who would think a slimey con-man would become a guru in the eyes of so many...

It usually takes a slimey con-man to manipulate and coerce. It's part of their core being. Somewhat like 'little johnny' who loves to kick a ball around the yard while his family is content to watch TV - you know he'll do well in sport because he's found a focus. He says so himself. He'll play in the World Cup one day. And then this focus will become a kind of mastery. And with mastery comes the ability to amaze.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.