Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
landmark considerations
Posted by: hampton ()
Date: November 22, 2006 08:16AM

I agree with grub and Maggie, your Landmark education is never complete. Landmark leads new participants to believe that your education will be complete after finishing the "Curriculum for Living," with the ideal promise that if you complete the Curriculum, you will be "living powerfully and living a life you love." But no…. you then have to continue to "be in the conversation" and devote more of your time and money to classes and assisting. They even make you declare it on stage at the last class of SELP, which is the time when you are supposed to "be complete"!

When I had to stand on stage at my last SELP and declare "What's next for me," my answer was "a great summer," but they were expecting to hear ILP, the communication courses, SELP coaching, seminars, assisting, anything that had to do with continuing involvement with Landmark. Wanting a great summer, and a Landmark-free one, was not satisfactory. I was questioned about it, and I thought, do these people expect the only thing that's next for me is more Landmark? I was afraid I would be manipulated to "give my word" for more Landmark, because I knew that if I didn't follow through, I would be called out for having a lack of "integrity." I just wanted to get off the stage, so I said I was undecided. How sad that I felt powerless to say "No more Landmark" because I knew of the coercion that would follow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.