Tony Robbins wikipedia article - criticism
Posted by: kath ()
Date: October 23, 2006 07:59AM

I'm attempting to put some criticism in Tony Robbin's article on wikipedia.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Some criticism was there in the past, about his marital 'advice' and about a company called Dreamlife, but it was all removed due to legal pressure on Wikipedia.

All that's on there at the moment I got from James Randi's site and is mainly about people being fleeced financially and given the hard sell. And that some of the content is pseudoscience.

If anyone wants to help me keep something on there, please do.

Love
Kath

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shakti ()
Date: October 25, 2006 03:00AM

kath
I'm attempting to put some criticism in Tony Robbin's article on wikipedia.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Some criticism was there in the past, about his marital 'advice' and about a company called Dreamlife, but it was all removed due to legal pressure on Wikipedia.

All that's on there at the moment I got from James Randi's site and is mainly about people being fleeced financially and given the hard sell. And that some of the content is pseudoscience.

If anyone wants to help me keep something on there, please do.

Love
Kath
The Vancouver Sun trial is interesting and will probably give you some good material. While Robbins won his defamation suit, plenty of other info seems to have come out that wasn't contradicted by Robbins victory. What I found odd about it is how little coverage the libel trial got, especially in America. Only Vancouver papers seemed to cover it. Obviously, Robbins is a wealthy, powerful fellow, but powerful enough to keep it out of the papers? That's odd. Also, I should point out that he is one of Schwarzenegger's top 5 political donors, so it is possible he has purchased some serious political clout.

Date: October 25, 2006 08:47AM

While Robbins won his defamation suit, plenty of other info seems to have come out that wasn't contradicted by Robbins victory.

Yes it's strange how little criticism there is of him on the net as a whole.

What other info from the trial would you highlight, that Robbins' camp didn't deny?

I've looked through bits of the trial documents, but am finding it hard to digest.

Love
Kath

Posted by: shakti ()
Date: October 27, 2006 01:49AM

kath

While Robbins won his defamation suit, plenty of other info seems to have come out that wasn't contradicted by Robbins victory.

Yes it's strange how little criticism there is of him on the net as a whole.

What other info from the trial would you highlight, that Robbins' camp didn't deny?

I've looked through bits of the trial documents, but am finding it hard to digest.

Love
Kath
It did seem as though the alleged affair he was involved with did occur. That was the main thing. It's been awhile since I read it, but that guy is weird. I'll see if I can find other stuff on him.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 27, 2006 06:23AM

Great job putting the Randi quote up there.

There was lots of good stuff up there in the past, but it was all deleted by Robbins followers.
I think there is more links and info in the huge Tony Robbins thread in this forum. [board.culteducation.com]

There is not even a link to that thread, or www.Tony-Robbins.org on the wiki site. They just delete them.

Also, on Skepdic.com I think there are some comments about Robbins.

There have been a few insider folks who tried to write books about Robbins, but he sued all of them quickly. He also forces everyone to sign non-disclosure. I'll dig up some stuff, and post it here, when I get some time to do it.

But the Robbins fanatics will just delete the stuff, for some bogus reason, like its not NPOV, when in fact, the entire entry is just BS about Robbins.
Don't get me started about Wikipedia...
;-)

Date: October 27, 2006 10:06AM

The Anticult
There was lots of good stuff up there in the past, but it was all deleted by Robbins followers.

But a lot of that is chronicled on the talk page, his lawyers hastling people for things written in the article and stuff. So it hasn't gone completely :)

I'm an optimist lol.

There have been a few insider folks who tried to write books about Robbins, but he sued all of them quickly. He also forces everyone to sign non-disclosure. I'll dig up some stuff, and post it here, when I get some time to do it.

It all sounds quite creepy. Especially the alleged using the women who come to him as students mentioned on the expose website. The fact that he met both his wives when they were students at the workshops.

That it's hushed up so much only makes it seem worse.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.