Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Gems of Cult-Speak (especially Landmark-speak)
Posted by: MiniTru ()
Date: August 22, 2006 04:52PM

nutrino
[b:18ebd9c452] "Self created the world and then forgot that Self had created it". [/b:18ebd9c452]

No wonder the poor kid in the video looked like he'd swallowed a pissed off electric eel... have you ever heard such narcissistic arrogant pompous pseudo-Kantian cockroach crap in your life ?

A recent piece of Landmark-ese that was used to assault my ears was: "Let's see if we can create Bill coming back to Oregon". [I guess this was an attempt to "enrol" me in the "creation of a possibility".] (Of course, I should've replied "Let's see if we can create you pulling your head out of your ass".)

It reveals the megalomaniacal way of thinking (or [i:18ebd9c452]attempting[/i:18ebd9c452] to think/believe, anyway) taught at Landmark, that the (Landmarked) person has the POWER to MAKE other people do whatever the Landmarked One wishes. I suppose the fact that Landmark gives permission for (in fact, schools people in & facilitates) regression to such fantasies of infancy/early childhood is part of its appeal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: August 22, 2006 09:42PM

Wener Hans' "genius" appear to have been in knowing how to transfer the [b:4681dc5096] structure of his thought processes [/b:4681dc5096] to other minds... minds which were not hard wired like Werner Hans' mind was, to think in these deviously bizarre linguistic shapes... one feature of WernerWeirdness (be careful how you use that term, it is a trademarked, patented, copyrighted, and jealously guarded [b:4681dc5096] breakthru technology [/b:4681dc5096] that is watched over by the eagle eyes of the [b:4681dc5096] Tiny Trolls [/b:4681dc5096] ... and you don't want to fuck with the Tiny Trolls.... Hi Ho Hi Ho Off To Make You Wrong We Go! ) is a cardinal belief that the use of language itself actually dictated the form of reality around you... [b:4681dc5096] in linguistics this is a map-territory reversal [/b:4681dc5096] meaning that there is a fundamental confusion between the description of the thing and the thing itself... this was futher institutionalized by the upgrade to WernerWeirdness 2.0 which hold that on can overtly "declare" reality into being.... the difference between "declaration" as rational adults think of the term is that a declaration expresses in unambiguous terms something which exists, is in place, is solid reality, or one intends with diligent effort to make solid reality, such as a "declaration of war" ...... one might note that there are such things as undeclared wars as well, such as Vietnam or Iraq.... it is quite interesting that we have yet to hear about "declarations of peace"... In WeirdWernerThink one could, theoretically, "Declare Peace" in what is left of Iraq... and if one "declared peace" with enough (another very, very foggy, gaseous, unspecific, holy roller term coming up) "intention" .... somehow.... by MegaloMagic , Iraq would morph into the Magic Kingdom ? I suppose if my intentionality was profound enough, I could declare many useful or pleasant things.... I declare a large pizza with a rich variety of premium toppings ! I declare a beautiful intelligent supermodel girlfriend, no, make that identical twin supermodels, both of whom will be madly in love with me and obey my every whim ! Yes, that I declare ! I declare that every day will have perfect weather, that every dreary schlep will transform into an endless orgasm.... I am Self that forgot it was Self or some lamebrain shite like that.... get a real education ?, fuck that man.... I can intend knowledge and wisdom with a snap of my fingers... heck, my Declared Supermodel Identical Twin Superchick Girlfriends will snap their fingers in unison for me ! Go Self !

Date: August 22, 2006 11:13PM

and this excerpt from Michael Lagnone written in 1998:

by the by..... IF Erhardism lives up to its pretensions of transformative grandeur, there could have been a no more rigorous testing environment... and as well, IF it had been as effective as it claimed in transforming lives.... it is obvious that this "breakthru technology" would have been introduced into prison systems... they were clearly willing to give it a fair shake to see if it might work.. IF this original group of 150 has measurably "transformed", this would have been a model for future prison reform efforts... yet it came to nothing... along with Werner's carrer as a race car driver, and, by the way, what did happen to The Hunger Project ?

" [b:258a71d46b] I know of no research, however, that convincingly demonstrates positive behavioral effects of these trainings. [/b:258a71d46b] In my opinion, one of the best studies from a methodological standpoint was "Research on Erhard Seminar Training in a Correctional Institution" (Hosford, Ray, E., Moss, C. Scott, Cavior, Helene, & Kerish, Burton. Catalog of Selected Documents in Psychology, 1982, Manuscript #2419, American Psychological Association). Of 313 inmates who volunteered for est training in a Federal Correctional Institution, 150 were randomly selected for the training, while the balance acted as a waiting-list control group and were given scholarships to be used upon release. The groups did not differ on demographics or variables related to criminal history. They were given a full battery of psychological tests and biofeedback instruments, with half of the group pre-tested and half post-tested (to control for the possible contaminating effect of testing). Three-month and 12-month follow-ups were conducted to assess behavioral outcomes (incident reports, furloughs, work performance, etc.). [b:258a71d46b] Although the psychological tests reflected some positive change, these self-report changes did not manifest themselves in alterations in physiological measures or in actual behavior. [/b:258a71d46b]

The research and anecdotal evidence seem to indicate that LGATs are very successful at producing positive opinions about the trainings -- an outcome that the financial officers of every service business would value. However, whether or not they have a substantial positive effect on behavior [b:258a71d46b] that is not due to placebo factors [/b:258a71d46b], is still an unanswered question.

Date: August 23, 2006 10:59AM

As outrageously weird as the following material will sound to the uninitated ear... one can not but notice some highly amusing correspondences with "high church" postmodernism and WernerBlather... which leads me to suspect that WernerBlather IS a "low church" species of Postmodernism..... let 'er rip....:

"This brings us to the question of a utopian poetics. Nietzsche and Fourier would have agreed that art is not merely the reflection of reality but rather a new reality that [b:c1d9c2f23c] seeks to impose itself in the world of thought and action by "occult" means, through "dionysan" powers and hermetic "correspondences" [/b:c1d9c2f23c] (hence their shared fascination with opera as the "complete artwork" and the ideal means of propagating their "philosophy"). Our "crazy" synthesis of Nietzsche and Fourier will reveal them both as neighbors of the Renaissance Hermeticists, who also pursued utopian political programs through action on the level of aesthetic perception, and through the very pleasure of creativity which in fact constitutes both the means and the goal of the utopian project. In Fourier, however, we find the truly divine notion that this aesthetic realization will manifest as collective action-that society will re-constitute itself as a work of art. Each individual, with powers now augmented by Harmonial Association with the appropriate Passional Series, will become "a special kind of artist". [b:c1d9c2f23c] Having realized their "true desires", all their desire becomes productive in a world given over to veritable orgies of creativity, eroticism, "gastrosophy", and aesthetic brilliance. Just as shamanism is "democratized" in certain tribes where everyone is a visionary, Fourier elevates every member of the Phalanx to the status of a "great artist". [/b:c1d9c2f23c] Naturally some will be greater (i.e. more passionate) than others, but none will be excluded-the "utopian minimum" guarantees creative power. Nietzsche speaks of "the will to Power as Art"; Fourier made it the principle of an anarchist utopia in which the sole organizing force is desire. "

Sorry... I couldn't resist....

Posted by: CultHunter ()
Date: August 29, 2006 01:45AM

I have heard many Landmarkians talking about "Packing" what is that? What does it mean?

I have heard it used in this context. I think your brother is still packing.

The fact is no one was on a trip or going on a trip or returning from a trip....what does that mean!!!!

Date: August 29, 2006 10:40PM

CultHunter
I have heard many Landmarkians talking about "Packing" what is that? What does it mean?

I have heard it used in this context. I think your brother is still packing.

It could mean anything, it could mean nothing, it sounds like teenage jargon sort of on the order of "it was woofin', man"....

You'd think they'd issue a dictionary of their [b:0fd2ddf58e] superspecial distinction [/b:0fd2ddf58e] , I mean, seeing that their distinction are so powerful, and being in the listening of these distinctions is life transforming, and everybody ought to know them and all that.... sooooooo.... why izzit they never seem to be able to [b:0fd2ddf58e] show up with their own distinctions [/b:0fd2ddf58e], you know, share them like a beautiful sunset or a great restaurant ? Why are their distinctions somehow only "listenable' within their narrow, tightly formatted contexts ? Why isn't everbody using them ?

CultHunter
The fact is no one was on a trip or going on a trip or returning from a trip....what does that mean!!!!

The best part of this linguistic derangement is that something is proposed as fact, then a complex structure of negation.... which to my ear sounds one hell of a lot like a hypnotic induction technique... as a matter of.... ummmm...fact... it sounds one hell of a lot like an Ericksonian amnesia suggestion... funny innit how a lot of their stuff sounds like Ericksonian inductions... great confusion technique.... so the question is, where did they learn this stuff, and [b:0fd2ddf58e] who is actually generating it for the trainers to "recreate" [/b:0fd2ddf58e] because the fact is that somewhere in their organization there is a source for their training materials and language patterns, and the fact is that we were on a trip, and we are going on a trip, and we will return from that trip.... Oh, Ericksonians out there, do note the embedded command that " no one was..... returning from a trip".... now, inquiring minds want to know.... what sort of trip is this that no one is "returning" from.... insidious, ay ?

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.