Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
psyche-k
Posted by: feldspar ()
Date: May 27, 2006 04:59AM

anyone know anything about this group? I'm taking a course this summer on human disease physiology and one of the founder's wrote the textbook.

[psych-k.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
psyche-k
Posted by: nccg_concern ()
Date: May 28, 2006 05:18AM

I know nothing directly about this. However, I will point out:

Quote from that web site:

Changing subconscious beliefs that may be sabotaging well-intentioned actions is similar to reprogramming a personal computer. Using PSYCH-K techniques, a kind of "mental keyboard" to your own brain, you can increase "cross talk" between the two brain hemispheres, thereby achieving a more "whole-brained" state, which is ideal for changing subconscious beliefs. In addition, when right and left hemispheres of the brain are in simultaneous communication, the qualities and characteristics of both hemispheres are available to maximize your full response potential to life's challenges.

This seems to claim that the therapy very specifically causes an increase or change in corpus callosum activity in the brain (that's what this describes at the physical level, anyway). This doesn't sound like something they would have been able to qualitatively measure, but they still state it very positively. And, it seems to incorporate that into a sales pitch of some kind. My bullshit detector is going off, ding, ding.

I could be wrong, I have not researched it, but did feel like pointing it out.

--nccg_concern
[www.geocities.com]

psyche-k
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: November 29, 2006 12:58PM

Does anyone know anything about Robert Williams or Bruce Lipton, mentioned on PSYCH-K's website? Anyone have any experience with PSYCH-K since Feldspar's May post? Sounds like an MLM to me.

skeptic

psyche-k
Posted by: feldspar ()
Date: November 30, 2006 10:05PM

if you google bruce lipton it is interesting to see what names appear in his searches. I can't find a direct correlation but these guys seem to run in the same circle with many other groups mentioned on this board

psyche-k
Posted by: buffy776 ()
Date: July 27, 2007 10:22PM

Yes I have done both their courses, psyche-k basic and advanced.There pritty low inpact, I think you will find more brain washing at your local Church.

psyche-k
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: July 28, 2007 12:08AM

Quote:
Changing subconscious beliefs that may be sabotaging well-intentioned actions is similar to reprogramming a personal computer. Using PSYCH-K techniques, a kind of "mental keyboard" to your own brain, you can increase "cross talk" between the two brain hemispheres, thereby achieving a more "whole-brained" state, which is ideal for changing subconscious beliefs. In addition, when right and left hemispheres of the brain are in simultaneous communication, the qualities and characteristics of both hemispheres are available to maximize your full response potential to life's challenges.

my opinion is: if the above claim were in fact that simple, every Psychiatrist, Neurologist, Psychologist, Medical doctor and professional counsellor in the world would be 'reprogramming' the minds of the people they work with everyday. I'd have to see at least two or three hundred peer reviewed articles and journals (scientific) confirming (not debunking) what these guys are claiming before I'd even begin to consider [i:fb12fd6a94]validity[/i:fb12fd6a94] as being a part of their claim.

smells like psychological snake oil to me.

psyche-k
Date: July 28, 2007 12:43AM

Yeh, looks like the typical "we have all the (simple) answers which will solve ALL your problems in a few days" BS. Are the trainers credentialled, or the same old scam artists? Looks like the same old lgat crap to me.

blah blah blah new age magic crap.

skeptic

psyche-k
Date: July 28, 2007 12:47AM

Then again, there is some re-programming going on, just not what you think it is or what they tell you it is. You just *think* your hemispheres are cross-talking. More magic trick/illusion stuff. blah blah blah

deception, deception and more deception

psyche-k
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: July 28, 2007 01:47AM

as the saying goes..'when money talks, bullshit walks'.

None-the-less, no one gets a crack at my corpus collosum!

Re: psych-k
Posted by: helpme2times ()
Date: March 14, 2009 09:07PM

It just occurred to me to check and see if anyone had posted anything in RR's forum on Psych-K, as I had read Bruce Lipton's "The Biology of Belief" a while back and then did some Psych-K sessions.

It's all bullshit!

Yes, I did experience what appeared to be "permanent" healing of a couple of personal issues. But that was only for maybe a month or so. The issues came back after that, as strong as they'd been before.

Most likely the "healing" was due to the placebo effect.

Fortunately I woke up at that point and stopped doing the sessions. I imagine there are people who would just keep doing sessions and get themselves on a self-improvement hamster wheel. Thankfully that did not happen for me. At least not when it came to Psych-K.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.