Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
"Blinded by the Light"
Posted by: Wiser Aussie ()
Date: October 09, 2022 03:46PM

Hi Everyone,

In October 1993 the ABC Fours Corners in Australia did an expose on the Boston Movement and the personal development course seminar Money and You.

It closed down Money and You in Australia around 1994. However like all these kinds of groups they surfaced again. There's way too much money to be made and so they EMERGED again.

Most people who've done Money and You rave about the benefits of this global seminar. The monetary success and amazing relationships they attribute to this course.

However there's a dark side that some participants and graduates experience.

The BREAKTHROUGH experience means you GOT IT, in Money and You speak, is a breakdown/psychosis for some.

Take seriously the Psychological Mental Health Form they get you to read and fill out. There's a reason for this. Even if you have no issue with mental health and not on medication, anyone can still have a BREAKDOWN.

If you can get hold of the ABC Four Corners "Blinded by the Light" video, it's worth watching it.

Take care of your boundaries, physical and psychological. Your mind, your thoughts, your beliefs and every value you hold dear are precious.

Education and research on any group is vital.

Remember that anyone or any group can isolates you:

1) Long hours and days of the training

2) Windowless room

3) Graduates observing you at the back of the room.

4) Removing watches and possibly your access to your mobile phones

5) Told to sit away from the person you know.

6) Homework assignment after a long and confusing day and night. Overloaded and crammed with information and raw emotions.

7) Room temperature controlled to very cold and sometimes very warm.

8) Signing a Confidentiality Form.

9) Hot Seat and On stage confessions.

10) Loud and continuous music played as part of the seminar.

11) Love bombing and hugging total strangers.

12) Any type of regression or guided meditation that induces Trance Induction.

13) Sleep and food deprivation. Long hours between meals controlled by the group.

14) If you don't agree with the presenter you are shamed and humiliated into a POOR ME/VICTIM lacking RESPONSIBILITY for your life.

15) Toilet breaks controlled. You can't walk out any time.

16) More courses sold to you at the end of the seminar.

17) Experience extreme highs in the course. Its addictive and you have to deal with the coming down, often resulting in depression. The fix - Do more courses they offer and become an assistant. This only serves the group hierarchy and you remain locked in what the group considers as enlightenment, awake, breakthrough, the chosen ones.

I am an ex-graduate of Money and You and have spoken about this extensively over the years in this forum.

After a breakdown/psychosis recovery begins when you leave. Its been a long road, but it's been worth it.

I have my freedom back.

Wiser Aussie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Blinded by the Light"
Date: October 09, 2022 03:59PM

I haven't been able to locate this video.

If anyone can find the link to "Blinded by the Light" by the ABC Four Corners please add it to this post.
The reporter was Rev. David Millikan.

Greatly appreciated as it would help others.

Wiser Aussie

Date: October 09, 2022 05:21PM

The Presenters at the time said,

"There's no such thing as a free lunch!"

18) Beware of the FREE
Seminar/Course, FREE Book or FREE anything.
You will pay for it dearly.

Its the ultimate SUCK IN. Once they have your details and contact information they will hound you to do the paid course. Until you say yes.

Learn to say, "NO".
Block them.

19) At the end of the seminar you will be told to RECRUIT family members, work mates and anyone whose attracted to your HIGH!

Its a nightmare of a merry-go-round and entrenchment is imminent.

All is not lost, because the contradictions are numerous and inaccuracies exposed.

You can always leave, if that's your choice.

Wiser

Posted by: Dane_Cory ()
Date: October 11, 2022 06:47AM

How exactly do you recover when you have a sibling who is still a part of it and brings it up regularly, retraumatizing you and bringing up old awful memories despite telling them over and over to stop bringing it up.

Date: October 11, 2022 07:23PM

"You can't heal in the same environment you got sick."

Quote by Erico Mesiano

Date: October 11, 2022 11:37PM

I can’t exactly cut my sister out of my life but I get what you’re saying.

Date: October 14, 2022 12:33PM

Its' difficult when it's family. I've had to set boundaries and disengage from certain topics and people. Setting limits.

There's plenty of information out there on how to deal with people with narcissistic traits.

I know if we put ourselves first, do and allow what's comfortable for us, trust ourselves and our instincts, it will be the best protection for our wellbeing.

I've had to deal with a lot of people with narcissistic traits, in particular cultish leaders. It won't happen again. I can spot them a mile away now.

Wishing you the best with your sister.

Take care of your yourself.

Wiser Aussie

Date: October 14, 2022 01:27PM

I really appreciate this advice. It’s hard to trust my instincts sometimes and it’s easy to start to think I’m just being dramatic and overreacting. Sometimes I wonder if I’m being too hard on her and being unreasonable by asking her not to bring up this place to me anymore. Yet, it’s really hard not to feel incredibly hurt when I’ve told her what it does to me and what it brings up in terms of trauma and she still will bring it up in one way or another. Our last call she mentioned this great relationship course she went to at the same lgat I was harmed by (the one she brought me to years ago). I don’t know why I still get so upset when she brings it up. It just feels really fucked up that she can’t stop bringing it up despite my pleading that she stop. It’s complicated. I also struggle with mental illness so it’s easy to think maybe I’m the problem and just being too sensitive. Sorry for the rant. It’s just this still has a major impact on my life and any time I try to bring it up with her she’s defensive and we end up fighting about it. It’s really sad. I feel deeply betrayed by her. Sucks when it’s family. Take care.

Date: October 14, 2022 05:13PM

This is the sad situation about being traumatized by the psychological techniques used by unqualified presenters of these LGATS. You lose yourself and to some extent your identity by these LGATS and that's precisely what happens. You end up not trusting your instincts. This is why these groups are so dangerous and damaging.

From your sister's point of view, she's doing what she thinks is good for humanity. I remember the high I felt when I was trying to recruit more people to do Money and You. The more entrenched in the group as an assistant and recruiter, the more justified you feel to fight for the cause. You think you are doing good work for the universe and humanity. You think you are saving people from their life of drudgery and bringing them to the group will offer them enlightenment. That is so addictive. I think this is the place your sister is coming from.

I couldn't have been more isolated and deluded. It was a mental prison.

Even though the greed for money wasn't there, certainly I was arrogant to think I had the answers and awareness that the people I was recruiting did not have. We were broken down to be rebuilt to the personality of the cult leader.

It was indoctrination alright.

That high couldn't be sustained without further involvement with these groups.

Depression was a natural consequence of this high. These highs are artificial and constructed by a controlled environment. Impossible to sustain and certainly psychologically damaging.

Its not until you stop going to these groups that you can genuinely recover and deprogram.

Talking about your experience is important and part of the recovery process.

Date: October 14, 2022 10:51PM

Thank you. This is all exactly what’s going on and the way you put it is truly illuminating. It’s how I felt too when I was a part of it. I felt like I was tasked with changing the world, or at least everyone I knew. I thought I was saving lives. That’s literally what they told us. You have to risk upsetting people and disturbing “broken” relationships and any push back you get we were taught to push even harder. No never means no according to these places. So I know my sister thinks she is doing good and being authentic by refusing to stop talking about this place to me. She truly believes she’s a soldier for them to spread the good word. I don’t think this will ever change. She claims this place saved her life and gave her purpose, which actually might be true. It’s all so confusing and fucked when she and the other coaches really can cause major harm to people, given they have no understanding of how to treat trauma and other major psychological issues.

You’re totally right about the addiction to the high. About 6 months ago she moved away due to her husbands job and she sank into a horrible depression. She even said things like “I did so much work on myself at Choice, why can’t I get myself out of this whole?”. I didn’t dare say well you’re going through withdrawal because Choice is a drug and doesn’t affect real internal change. That would have ended in a screaming match. So she finally goes back BY HERSELF for a relationship training weekend because her marriage is falling apart (she met her husband at Choice when she was a coach and he was a participant) and she comes back invigorated and manic like she’s back to life and I thought yeah that’s because she got another hit of the drug. Anyways this has been good to vent and hear you’re perspective. It sounds like you’ve done a lot of work on healing yourself from this trauma. Talk soon.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.