"Blinded by the Light"
Date: October 09, 2022 03:46PM
In October 1993 the ABC Fours Corners in Australia did an expose on the Boston Movement and the personal development course seminar Money and You.
It closed down Money and You in Australia around 1994. However like all these kinds of groups they surfaced again. There's way too much money to be made and so they EMERGED again.
Most people who've done Money and You rave about the benefits of this global seminar. The monetary success and amazing relationships they attribute to this course.
However there's a dark side that some participants and graduates experience.
The BREAKTHROUGH experience means you GOT IT, in Money and You speak, is a breakdown/psychosis for some.
Take seriously the Psychological Mental Health Form they get you to read and fill out. There's a reason for this. Even if you have no issue with mental health and not on medication, anyone can still have a BREAKDOWN.
If you can get hold of the ABC Four Corners "Blinded by the Light" video, it's worth watching it.
Take care of your boundaries, physical and psychological. Your mind, your thoughts, your beliefs and every value you hold dear are precious.
Education and research on any group is vital.
Remember that anyone or any group can isolates you:
1) Long hours and days of the training
2) Windowless room
3) Graduates observing you at the back of the room.
4) Removing watches and possibly your access to your mobile phones
5) Told to sit away from the person you know.
6) Homework assignment after a long and confusing day and night. Overloaded and crammed with information and raw emotions.
7) Room temperature controlled to very cold and sometimes very warm.
8) Signing a Confidentiality Form.
9) Hot Seat and On stage confessions.
10) Loud and continuous music played as part of the seminar.
11) Love bombing and hugging total strangers.
12) Any type of regression or guided meditation that induces Trance Induction.
13) Sleep and food deprivation. Long hours between meals controlled by the group.
14) If you don't agree with the presenter you are shamed and humiliated into a POOR ME/VICTIM lacking RESPONSIBILITY for your life.
15) Toilet breaks controlled. You can't walk out any time.
16) More courses sold to you at the end of the seminar.
17) Experience extreme highs in the course. Its addictive and you have to deal with the coming down, often resulting in depression. The fix - Do more courses they offer and become an assistant. This only serves the group hierarchy and you remain locked in what the group considers as enlightenment, awake, breakthrough, the chosen ones.
I am an ex-graduate of Money and You and have spoken about this extensively over the years in this forum.
After a breakdown/psychosis recovery begins when you leave. Its been a long road, but it's been worth it.
I have my freedom back.