My On Belief podcast interview on Landmark and vulnerabilities of being neurodivergent
Posted by: PurpleOrchid ()
Date: February 24, 2022 07:53AM

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share this podcast interview I did where I talk about the susceptibility of neurodivergent, multiply-marginalised people to cults. I talk a lot about my experience in Landmark in it from 2009-2014.

Hopefully it helps get the word out about this dangerous abusive LGAT and how they target vulnerable neurodivergent people like me (ADHD/ASD): [onbelief.fireside.fm]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My On Belief podcast interview on Landmark and vulnerabilities of being neurodivergent
Posted by: StopLGATs ()
Date: January 15, 2023 10:59PM

Interesting interview.

I gather you're in the UK. Have you thought about contacting BBC Watchdog or Channel 4 Dispatches about your experience?

Given how litigious the organisation is, perhaps the 'cult' focus (and the common disparities in defining the term) is less helpful in raising awareness than shifting the attention to the lack of qualifications/credentials of the people involved or valid psychology research backing up their methods (these are facts that can't be argued against with a strawman). Or perhaps the parallels with MLM.

Also Baroness Jolly has been raising the broader issue of unregulated mental health practice in the House of Lords.

[www.parallelparliament.co.uk]

Re: My On Belief podcast interview on Landmark and vulnerabilities of being neurodivergent
Posted by: NomeBee ()
Date: January 18, 2023 06:47PM

Thanks for sharing this podcast, I will be listening to it. I’m so glad you’ve spoken up.

Date: March 30, 2023 07:16AM

Hi Stop LGATs

Sorry for my late reply! Thanks a lot for your comments, that's definitely something to consider! I will see what I can do, though I have to say it's tough work keeping media interested. I've grown quite cynical from the amount of journalists who've contacted me really enthusiastic about my story and advocacy wor,only for them to disappear again.

And really frustrated by media like the Observer who continue to keep an article up which basically says Landmark is benign and beneficial!Despite my many emails and pointing out the facts etc and asking for a panel review as is stated it's in my rights to ask for on their website...of course none of that matters and they just ignore me anyway.

But you are right about media being scared off by the threat of lawsuits,it's like there has to be the first mainstream platform to not be afraid for others to follow. Like what happened with Scientology and South Park.

Maybe we could chat more about how I can people to pay attention,sounds like you have some really good ideas. And honestly cult awareness work can be very lonely when others either a) don't believe it's s cult or b) are not as invested because they have no idea about Landmark.

So it would be good to just talk to someone else who understands and I have so many ideas of how I'd like to raise awareness that would be great to run by someone! Let me know! Feel free to DM me.

Thanks a lot, Priscilla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2023 07:18AM by PurpleOrchid.

Date: March 30, 2023 07:20AM

Hi Nomebee,

Sorry for my massively late reply, neurodivergent struggles! My pleasure I plan to hopefully speak to more podcasts and media,as well as talk about Landmark in my talks as a trainer and speaker. It's really high time this abusive company was exposed and talking about them as a cult is as normalised as talking about Scientology.

Solidarity!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.