Werner Erhard accused of cargo cult science
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: April 06, 2019 12:59AM

Forthcoming 2016, Capitalism and Society, Columbia University, Center on Capitalism A comment on Erhard and Jensen, “Putting Integrity Into Finance: A Purely Positive Approach”
The Ethical and Scientific Offences of Erhard and Jensen
Deirdre Nansen McCloskey1
Abstract: Erhard and Jensen try to produce a standard for “integrity” without ethical input. It is making bricks without straw. They further suggest that existence theorems and statistical significance will suffice. On all counts they are mistaken.

[deirdremccloskey.org]

Why bother, then? Why not pass over the ethical and scientific, and literary, offenses of Erhard and Jensen in silence? This: I live in hope that my grumpy plain-spokenness will lead even a handful of the younger readers here to question the Received Paradigm, 1957 to the present. I hope they will venture to learn something serious about philosophy, say, or literature, or sociology of science, or economic and business history, or for that matter statistical theory. It would save their intellectual lives from cargo-cult science, such as the essay by Erhard and Jensen.
I will pray for them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Werner Erhard accused of cargo cult science
Posted by: bakkagirl ()
Date: April 07, 2019 01:43PM

I would suggest moving this submission to the "LGAT Comedy Corner -- Passion of Werner Erhard" section.

Attaching the name "Erhard" to a title containing the words, "financial" and "integrity" really takes us into the realm of satire.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.