some parts of the Advanced I group protocol, just gets worse
Posted by: Ivy ()
Date: April 10, 2006 04:56AM

I.4. Changing Clothes

This exercise may also belong in the play section, but it's definitely a stretch when it comes to intimacy. The set up goes like this. Have all the men remove their clothing and then have each man choose someone else's clothes and put them on. Once everyone is dressed assume the characteristics of the man whose clothes you wear. Check in with one another and decide on an exercise that will give an opportunity for interaction with one another. Stay in role through the entire evening. Leave time at the end to process the feelings that have come up.

1. How accurate was the role-playing?
2. Did men see a different side of themselves as a result of seeing other men portray them?

Don't neglect the hurt feelings. Exaggeration will cause a certain amount of misunderstanding. Give one another feedback on projection and shadow, how it appeared and how it was dealt with.

I.5. Shaving

Most men spend time each day shaving. Who taught you? Where did you develop the need to shave every day? Is it comfort or convention?

The suggestion here is to have the men in the I-Group shave one another's faces. Bring a supply of disposable razors along with shaving cream. Some groups have provided hot towels and after-shave. The issues raised by this exercise are varied. Trust issues around who shaves who. Surrender to another man. Service to another. These issues are secondary to deeper ones of: How did you learn? Do you remember watching your father shave? Was shaving a rite of passage for you? Remember your first attempt to grow a beard? Those men in the group who wear a beard - why do you choose to wear one? The questions are limitless.

A word of Caution! The chance of handling blood in this exercise is high. Even small nicks can be dangerous. Handle all razors and towels with the same universal precautions followed on the weekend. Be careful.

I.6. Intimate Stories

This exercise can be set up in many different ways however knowing the power of stories, the focus on set up isn't as important as the topic. Tell the story of your childhood, (bring pictures) first love, the love you never let go of, men in your lives, role models. The list of topics is endless. Decide the week ahead what the topic is to allow men time to prepare how to relate the story. Time limits may be necessary or have men check-in with how much time they need to tell their story.
IV.6. Kidnapping

Kidnap a man from another I-group. This can bring up many issues for all the men involved. Use co-conspiracy between the two groups so the groups can unite to process the feelings evoked. Practical jokes and stunts such as kidnapping can be dangerous as well as exciting so practice discretion whenever setting up stunts. This exercise has the potential to wound men as well as uncover many emotions. Be aware of shadow's work with them in the set up.

IV.7. Story Time

Again read stories. This time invite children and partners to attend. Bring sleeping bags and snacks, gather together in one room, and re-create the sense of learning through stories - the oldest form of teaching. Shared with partners, friends and children diminishes the secrecy of the I-Group allowing it to become inclusive.

Yet this group thinks that when they do this crap it is a right of passage into manho

Get a life guys, this crap is for kids and you are not kids anymore!

This makes me shiver! Yuck!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.