Another LGAT agreement (excerpts of)
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: February 18, 2006 02:21AM

Programs offered by Context Associated are experiential. Because these programs are most effective when you discover them for yourself, rather than having them explained to you in advance, you may not be fully informed about the nature of the programs prior to enrolling. Further, while we make every effort to limit enrollment in our programs to those individuals who are most likely to benefit from them, the effect of our programs on different individuals is not entirely predictable.

~~ I understand that I may not be fully informed about the content of the Context Associated course I am about to take. While I understand in general terms the goals which the course is intended to help me achieve, the means used to attain those goals have not been fully explained to me.

~~ I understand and acknowledge that in spite of the best efforts of Context Associated, I may find the course valueless, or I may experience potentially uncomfortable emotions as a result of taking the course. I assume all risk of such consequences, even though I do not fully understand the nature of the course I am about to attend, and[b:da6491ebab] I agree that my sole remedy in any such event is limited to the refund of my course tuition, and nothing else.[/b:da6491ebab] [emphasis theirs]

~~ I understand that the course is not psychotherapy nor medical therapy, nor is it a substitute for these services. I understand that course leaders are not necessarily licensed psychiatrists or psychologists. I do not expect the course to be administered with the standard of therapeutic care I would expect from trained mental health professionals.

~~ I acknowledge that if I have mental or emotional problems or instabilities I should not take this course. If I have concerns about my mental or emotional health, I have consulted a psychiatrist, psychologist or other mental health professional before enrolling in this course, and that professional has approved my participation in the course.

~~ I accept full personal responsibility for my participation in all Context Associated courses. Therefore, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, representatives, successors and assigns, I hereby agree that, except arising from gross negligence or willful misconduct, I shall have no claim against, and I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless and forever release and discharge Context Associated, its officers, agents, employees, course participants and representatives, and their successors and assigns, from all injury, damage, claims, liabilities, costs and expenses (i) arising from or related to my participation in any of the company's courses, whether such claims are made on my behalf, or by me or by a third pary, or (ii) should any of my acknowledgements or representations in this Agreement prove to be untrue at the time they are made or subsequently. [b:da6491ebab]This indemnity and release includes loss, damage or injury resulting from the negligence of Context Associated or its officers, agents, employees, course participants and representatives, and their successors and assigns.[/b:da6491ebab] [emphasis theirs]

Options: ReplyQuote
Another LGAT agreement (excerpts of)
Posted by: Savernake ()
Date: February 19, 2006 07:13PM

Are there any legal types on this forum who would know how binding such an agreement would be? I would think that there are some rights that you just can't sign away (ie, you don't know what's going to happen on the course -- what if it involved tying you down and shoving pins under your fingernails? Would they still be immune from prosecution, just because you'd signed this agreement? It seems to me that there is an implicit expectation that treatment on the course will be reasonable, and if you are treated unreasonably, a bit of paper with your signature on it shouldn't save the perpetrators from prosecution. Or am I just being naive?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.