Current Page: 3 of 4
Mankind Project a/k/a New warrior Cult Scam & Lies
Posted by: what2do ()
Date: April 28, 2006 06:41AM

Ginah, I agree that men need to "hang" with other men, as women need other women.

My husband is in recovery from addictions. This has caused many problems in our 25 yr. marriage. He had given me an oath to never keep secrets from me. He filled out the forms at his office and faxed them on a Thursday. He brought them home Friday when he was packing to leave. I started reading them.

When I saw he signed a "covenant" to never discuss what went on, I went into shock. After all I had been thru, and his promis of never any secrets, I could not believe he would sign such a paper w/o at least discussing with me. I spent the entire weekend researching. Found a blog titled "Doug's Girl" that really shook me up.

I wanted to call the emergency number he left me and ask him to please get out of there. I did not do that because I would not want to embarress him.

That blog explained a lot of what went on. He was shocked I knew so much. He kept saying "How do you know this"? It was kind of funny.

Of course, I have since discovered so much more, mainly on this site. As soon as you can PM (after 10 posts), one of us will email you the info we have. These are actual programs they follow.

One thing I have discovered is how many divorces there are following NWTW. That is scary. This program is supposed to improve a man as a husband and a father. Many times it does not. They ask their wives for a divorce.

Have you read all of the posts on MKP on this website?

Keep posting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: feldspar ()
Date: April 28, 2006 08:50PM

a blog titled "Doug's Girl" that really shook me up

could you post a link? I couldn't find it
thanks

Date: April 29, 2006 02:03AM

I will search for it. I know it is called "A Day in The Life of an Alcoholic". I went to google blog search and put in Mankind Project. Or you might search under "A Day....".

If you cannot find it, I will search for it. It really did not have much more than this forum has. It was just the first negative stuff I read, and it really shook me up, at tha time.

Posted by: ginah ()
Date: May 01, 2006 11:12PM

Hello, I just wanted to write my opinion on this group at this time. With all the research I have done (not just on this site but on my own, will not get into that in detail :roll: ) Just google like crazy and keep using all kinds of key words in regards to this group and you will find what you are looking for. I felt I would share a bit. Yes, this group has some "cultish" undertones, they definitely use some LGAT (Large Group Awareness Training) techniques, but, a person has to outway the positives of this, compared to the negatives and a person has to outway the long term goals of the group. So far, the group seems to have men's emotional health being boosted as their goals. The positives that I see in my husband, his self confidence, his ability to smile more and laugh and not yell at the kids, the way he talks to our children, the way he actually "LOOKS" at me now and shows his love for me, his respect of my concerns and I could keep going, are all positives. I understand that deep depression needs major attention which it seems he received. I would definitely tell anyone asking me about this group to research and become as informed as possible about this group before jumping in blindly. I can see where if you are a person that has "MEGA" issues that the weekend initiation could be more than a person could handle. I can also see where if a relationship is on rocky grounds where this weekend would have a man reevaluating his relationship. I will post on this site again in regards to how this group is continuing to feel to us. But so far, from what I can tell, they are only trying to help people. Yes, I still have issues with where the money is going, and with their secretiveness. I feel that they need to become more aware of how their action's can be "VERY PAINFUL" to some families and somehow start dealing with this other than telling the spouse to keep everything secret. Integrity seems to be a large part of this group and as far as I am concerned secretiveness has nothing whatsoever to do with integrity. I feel that part is wrong and that they are breaking their own "rules" in this regards. I understand that if a man knew exactly what was going to happen during the weekend that he might not get as much out of the weekend. Though I can say with assurity that nothing happens that would be considered abusive or unethical other than the secretiveness. BUT, that does not mean that they should not be able to give more information than they do. Also, some of the things I read I was told they do not do anymore "as in the "book" that is on this site" as they are evolving and realize that some if the things they were doing was just too much and not really beneficial to the men they are trying to help. That was also a positive to me, to see that they are changing to make the group better. Hopefully, they will change the fact that a husband is supposed to keep secrets from his spouse. Personally, as far as I am concerned, a group, person, etc. should never bring secretiveness into a relationship. It opens the door for too many things. I am not saying this group is for everyone, and we are still keeping our eyes open for what the long term goals of this group may be. Will keep you posted. Keep safe in what you do, keep your eyes open, and look before you leap.

Posted by: ginah ()
Date: May 02, 2006 05:29AM

I just want to state that I am NOT defending this group. Yes, (as mkp states feel your feelings in you body) feel in my gut that something with this group freaks me out. Please be patient as I am trying to process all of the information that I am reading about this group compared to what my husband has told me about this group. I do understand that I could be up against him having some ideas "that he was brainwashed" with. AND I AM TRYING TO PROCESS. This really F***ING sucks, having to fight my gut feeling with what my husband whom I have always trusted is telling me.

Posted by: Mushroomsoup ()
Date: July 07, 2006 01:48AM

I am ambivelant about the Mankind Project. I do not believe it is a Cult but it is a LGAT which has some problems. I foud the weekend helpful but I also found certain practices unethical, mainly that many unqualified men are fascilitating this work. The practices in the work there have been used in professional therapeutic contexts, by qualified professionals, who must be held accountable to a liscensing board. Within the mankind project this is not the case. I will add more but want to see if this message posts first.

Date: July 09, 2006 09:57AM

I agree with you. That is one of the major reasons I have a problem with MKP. They have plain untrained people doing some very serious therapeutical work, regression, etc.

This can and has resulted in serious consequences, even death. I met a woman here whose brother committed suicide within 2 weeks of returning from his weekend. The family felt he was doing good work in AA, and progressing well until his initiation weekend.

MKP can open some very serious wounds, w/o the time or skills to help the person thru.

Tell us more about your weekend.

Date: July 13, 2006 03:45AM

I have attempted to reply several times with larger messages but each time it seems to get zapped. I will not state specifics of the weekend but I will state that I question the entire organization for advocating (GUTS) a new form of Gestalt psychology as a primary method of which the institution actively encourages its members to practice without any qualifications. The main problem with the practice is t best it is cathartic and at worst it is severely traumatizing. Gestalt when performed in groups was criticized before as being more showmanship than therapy (or growth work). MKP has also bastardized Jungian and Freudian psychology, and contemporary anthropology (concerning gender initiation). But because of their largely anti-intellectual and pseudo-intellectual stance they may never get beyond their ignorance. Was the weekend fun and helpful for me, yes it was, but over the years I have seen many unethical things occur in the organization so I needed to leave.

Date: July 13, 2006 04:00AM

All of my response to your question are being lost I don't know what the probelm is.

Date: July 13, 2006 11:59AM

Contact a moderator to see what the problem is. They should be able to help you.

I also have seen unethical things. I have posted a few. I am curious to see what you saw, and was it different from what other people have seen.

Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.