Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: Landmark concept of love and sex - are they two different concepts?
Posted by: Throughmyeyes ()
Date: December 02, 2017 04:51AM

Oh it wasn’t fun. Thanks for asking. He literally Was able to act like he didn’t know me. There was no acknowledgment on his face at all just very very cold and he put his head down so we had no eye contact.

I may have had a rather big cry once I got home. I think it was Anthony Kidman - Nicole’s dad, who said of her split from Tom “it’s not what it should be, it’s not what it could be; it is what it is”.

I find it hard to fathom that landmark encourages its participants to treat other human beings this way.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kdag ()
Date: December 03, 2017 03:53AM

Throughmyeye,

I am so sorry, and yes, they do!

In the social group I was in, which was run by my recruiter and full of Landmark people, they began behaving as if I literally wasn't there. One "lady" went so far as to cover her nose when she was near me, and became overtly rude. She literally behaved like a bratty 6-year-old.

This was all because I said that some of the things in L.E, hadn't worked for me, and because I had refused to meet up with and "bury the hatchet" with someone who had betrayed me a year before.

When we were in seminars, etc, they would ask us to "try something on," to see if it worked for us, and if it didn't, that was supposedly okay, but this is how they actually behave.

So, your ex says that he's "complete" with you, pretends you aren't even there, but love-bombs and plays politics with all of your friends on social media.

Talk about a racket!

Date: December 03, 2017 04:51AM

In fact, when I really think about it:

Landmark doesn't tolerate inauthenticity -
they revel in it!

Date: December 03, 2017 06:22AM

Kdag

Wow that behaviour is appalling. What an awful experience for you. These people surely can’t feel good about themselves. I could never imagine treating anyone like that. Their actions were clear abuse. Gosh, I am sorry.

I can still see the look on his face and the callousness as he walked passed so clearly. If I turn my mind to it I can see flashbacks like it’s occurring again but I think it’s just shock at the behaviour actually.

I spent the day at the beach yesterday to let the ocean wash everything away, it was quite cathartic actually. The behaviour just wasn’t okay.

Landmark really does encourage sociopathic behaviour. It’s disgusting.

Date: December 03, 2017 08:51AM

Landmark totally contradicts what they are preaching...

Date: December 03, 2017 02:01PM

Throughmyeyes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Landmark totally contradicts what they are
> preaching...

Yes, and looking back on everything, I would have to say that it sucks the decency right out of people.

When I think of what my former friend became, I realize that the person I had grown to trust no longer exists.
It is a very sad thought, but is reality.

Date: December 04, 2017 05:48PM

Yes it is very sad and you are right. The fact that he is live bombing my friends is a little disturbing!!

Re: Vanilla or Chocolate? You don't have to justify your actions
Date: March 10, 2020 04:36AM

Here's what i really hate about the Chocolate or Vanilla exercise:

It sets up an inescapable circular argument/logical trap. You can't possibly win. The Forum leader told me that the fastest way to make something disappear is to choose it, but that you can't choose it to make it go away. So:

It's not going away, because you didn't choose it. If you chose it just to make it go away, they can argue that it's not going away because you didn't authentically choose it. And if you actually did choose it, why are you complaining??? You chose it!!!

Date: March 10, 2020 05:48AM

I wrote:

"It sets up an inescapable circular argument/logical trap. You can't possibly win. The Forum leader told me that the fastest way to make something disappear is to choose it, but that you can't choose it to make it go away. So:

"It's not going away, because you didn't choose it. If you chose it just to make it go away, they can argue that it's not going away because you didn't authentically choose it. And if you actually did choose it, why are you complaining??? You chose it!!!"

This is one way in which they manage to psychologically hog-tie almost every person in the room. You may as well be arguing with Pennywise the clown. It's nothing but a lazy, psychopathic logical trap . One size fits all - they can and do apply it to absolutely everything!!! Rape, molestation, stage IV cancer. Talk about "winning formulas," this is theirs, and it's so fucking easy for them to learn! You learned it yourself just by being there. Although it solves nothing, it is their solution for everything, and, at least in their minds, absolves them of the responsibility to come up with anything of value.

They say that you are responsible for everything that happens to you. They also claim to provide the best education on the planet, if you look at their website, or listen to their adherents.

We all know that the best teachers lead by example. If they are the wise teachers they claim to be, then why do they send lawyers after reporters who are only looking for information? Why are they so litigious? If they can invade our privacy, why can we not justifiably invade theirs??? If they, as the "wise teachers," preach that we are responsible for all that befalls us, would it not follow that they are responsible for all that befalls their organization, including scathing critiques??? They chose it!!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2020 06:06AM by kdag.

Date: March 10, 2020 07:31AM

In fact, how can Landmark possibly justify suing anybody for anything, when they preach over and over again that there are no victims???

Isn't the bringer of a lawsuit claiming to have been a victim of someone or something?

Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.