Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: Landmark concept of love and sex - are they two different concepts?
Posted by: Throughmyeyes ()
Date: November 30, 2017 04:43AM

Thanks Corboy.

Not one of those responses you could deem as irrational or non sensicle - as opposed to a Landmarkarian who can’t even give you a rational logical response. I think initially they may act on impulse then to remain “in integrity” follow through.

Regardless, no one wants to be in a relationship with someone active in Landmark. It’s crazy making.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kdag ()
Date: November 30, 2017 01:40PM

Yes, all of the responses in that link make perfect sense.

I once saw a bar sign that said:

"When you can't dazzle then with brilliance,
Baffle them with bullshit!"

I personally think L.E. relies heavily on that.

A lot of people seem to think that if they can't comprehend something, then the person speaking must be smarter than they are. Not wanting to look stupid, they nod and play along. I can think of a couple of examples of this from the forum, (such as "What am I holding up...?").

Date: November 30, 2017 08:53PM

I’m guessing it’s not a subjective exercise!

From my understanding you can’t question the forum leader so what ever they say goes anyhow even if it didn’t make sense to you. I guess that is how they dull a persons critical thinking and rational decision making skills in the process.

The Dr. Fox Experiment - We Rarely Gainsay Verbal Twaddle
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 30, 2017 09:33PM

gain·say
???n?s?/Submit
verbformal
deny or contradict (a fact or statement).
"the impact of the railroads cannot be gainsaid"
synonyms: deny, dispute, disagree with, argue with, dissent from, contradict, repudiate, challenge, oppose, contest, counter, controvert, rebut
"it was difficult to gainsay his claim"
speak against or oppose (someone).

Throughmyeyes wrote:

even if it didn’t make sense to you. I guess that is how they dull a persons critical thinking and rational decision making skills in the process.

Back in 1970, three psychology professors pulled off a hoax that doubled as medical research. They brought Dr. Myron L. Fox, "an authority on the application of mathematics to human behavior," to a conference near Lake Tahoe and let him talk about "Mathematical Game Theory as Applied to Physician Education."

Little did the audience know that Fox wasn't actually a researcher or scholar. He was actually an actor who had played parts in Hogan's Heroes and Batman. And he was given a gibberish-filled script to learn only the day before.

Nonetheless, the educators in the crowd ate up his meaningless talk, and it allowed the researchers to draw the conclusion that "style was more influential than content in providing learner satisfaction." A nice way of saying that jargon and cant can sometimes take you a long way in the academy -- in the humanities and sciences alike. More backstory here. H/T Metafilter

[www.weirdexperiments.com]-

[www.openculture.com]

Google search on Dr. Fox Experiment

[www.google.com].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2017 09:34PM by corboy.

Re: The Dr. Fox Experiment - We Rarely Gainsay Verbal Twaddle
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 30, 2017 10:15PM

This may be an important quality that is ruined by being processed through a Large Group Awareness Training such as Landmark.

Reverie

[atozthingsthatcantbesaid.wordpress.com]

In fact, reverie is what is lost in any controlling relationship

The psychoanalytic take on reverie is more fascinating still, as it is elaborated by Thomas Ogden, not as an individual state of being but as a shared one. It ‘invokes (a partial) giving over of one’s separate individuality to a third subject, a subject that is neither analyst or analysand, but a third subjectivity unconsciously generated by the analytic pair’. The sense of reverie as a ‘third subjectivity’ or intersubjective state is intriguingly suggestive.

Through brutal verbal, social and subtle physical pressure induced by the too close separation of chairs and lack of sleep, Landmark imposes a counterfeit
intersubjective state upon the group.

This state has to be preserved from outside influences because the Landmark group mind is an artificial creation and thus fragile. Its ecstacy is fragile and craves affirmation by recruitment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2017 10:22PM by corboy.

Date: December 01, 2017 06:55AM

So manipulative and frankly, quite sick.

Date: December 01, 2017 07:48AM

They really try to control your focus, and they will often use terms that are tied to something legitimate, such as "being present" to describe what others call active listening.

Active listening is a great skill. It helps people in both business and in their personal lives.

The problem occurs when they bend such a concept to the extreme, where they are asking you to ignore things that need your attention. This might be something that is going on in the room, or an obvious glaring flaw in what is being said. If you try to point that out, they will tell you to not interrupt, or if you try to excuse yourself to deal with an occurence in the environment, they might say that you are not being present to whomever is speaking to you.

I felt that it derailed my ability to deal with things as needed,  and though I understand the need to not interrupt, when someone is speaking, it does bring up fleeting thoughts in our own minds. Sometimes I felt the need to pause the conversation and deal with that thought, and to not allow that snags processing. It was as if I was being forced to ignore my own, often logical thoughts, and as a result, I would lose those thoughts; they would seem to fly from my mind. I always felt as if the person speaking to me was in control of the conversation.

Date: December 01, 2017 08:35AM

* As to not interrupting, you can hold a thought to voice when the person speaking to you is finished, but as soon as you start to speak, they will say that they are busy, and walk away. This happens a LOT. They ALWAYS get in the last word that way. You never get to say or ask what you were going to say/ask. They treat you as if they assume that it was not important. This is very invalidating, and only increases their control and fake "authority." I would recommend NEVER accepting the authority of someone who behaves that way.

Date: December 01, 2017 10:51PM

I literally just ran into him. He put his head down and pretended he didn’t know meX I had to move tjbygd left of the sidewalk to let him and his children passed me. His sin grabbed my hand to say hello but he could t stop. So heart breaking.

I guess I have well and truly been made complete.

Date: December 01, 2017 11:42PM

Ouch! I'm sorry. How are you holding up after that?

Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.