Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: Landmark concept of love and sex - are they two different concepts?
Posted by: Freda_Last ()
Date: November 20, 2017 01:56PM

The training makes people think that only people who do or have done the training understand each other.

On the Gratitude Training private forum they talk about people who have not done the training like they are on lower level of life.

So many drug and sexual addicts and people struggling with no money tricked into believing they have some big secret.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Throughmyeyes ()
Date: November 20, 2017 07:09PM

Yes their methodologies are highly questionable and destructive.

Posted by: kdag ()
Date: November 21, 2017 10:31AM

Freda_Last Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The training makes people think that only people
> who do or have done the training understand each
> other.
>
> On the Gratitude Training private forum they talk
> about people who have not done the training like
> they are on lower level of life.
>
> So many drug and sexual addicts and people
> struggling with no money tricked into believing
> they have some big secret.

Yes, i saw the same attitude at Landmark, and it seemed to be encouraged.

They would not outright tell people to not hang out with non-graduates, but would say things like, "Don't you notice how you no longer enjoy being around people who are not graduates?" There was always the implication that graduates were at a higher level of consciousness.

Date: November 21, 2017 01:23PM

kdag Wrote:
---------------------------------------------
> "Don't you notice how you no longer enjoy being
> around people who are not graduates?" There was
> always the implication that graduates were at a
> higher level of consciousness.

That is exactly what happened to me and I don’t think it will change for my ex at all. He is now completely indoctrinated.

Date: November 22, 2017 01:00AM

Throughmyeyes,

I heard that all the time, and especially from the person who recruited me. Funny thing was that i had enjoyed hanging out with her BEFORE she got into Landmark. After that - not so much,

We were in a social group together, and she got everyone in that group to do the forum. At that point, the quality of the group deteriorated. Where before, there had been free and open discussion, everything was suddenly in Landmark terms, and got very boring. The group soon fell apart.

It sounds like you are doing better. Kudos to you for not getting sucked into it. You would have been bored out of your mind, (maybe that's literally how they do it).

Date: November 22, 2017 02:13AM

Aha! I was thinking about the mind-numbing and emotion-deadening effect of the LGATS, and remembered  your question as to why the Lekkies are always smiling.

I have heard comments from people who consider themselves "enlightened." I remember someone saying that they don't feel as upset, but they also don't feel as happy. I also feel this numbness.  It takes away both the highs AND the lows. I looked up anhedonia, and got this, (pay attention to the sixth bullet under "symptoms." I believe this is your likely answer.):

[www.healthline.com]

I suspect that many LGATS followers are suffering from this. They smile, but their eyes look dead. I am still trying to recover my range of feeling.
I feel numb and unmotivated  even in situations that should make me ecstatic.

Date: November 22, 2017 05:39PM

kdag Wrote:
---------------------------------------------They smile, but their eyes look dead. I
> am still trying to recover my range of feeling.
> I feel numb and unmotivated  even in situations
> that should make me ecstatic.

Yes the eyes tell 1000 stories don’t they? As I don’t know who says but someone does, they are the window to our soul ; )

I am so sorry this happened to you kdag but am so relieved for you that you found your way out. Your bravery should be commended. What you have endured and are continuing to work through is no easy feat and hopefully helping others on here is therapeutic for you too! I certainly am very grateful.

At the moment I am struggling as you could imagine 30 years of history and we have a lot of mutual friends. We literally caught up with our entire senior school cohort on the other side of the country three weeks prior to splitting up. I am finding it difficult as he is being beyond active on social media with all my friends so I have literally had to stop communicating with them to stay away from him. We are the only two on this side of the country so it is very difficult. I haven’t said anything to a lot of them and my closest friends know what is happening but that doesn’t stop him liking every post and picture they put up. I feel he is trying to over power me or something. Actually he disregarded me so he wouldn’t even care and I guess he believes everyone else is still ripe for the taking!!! See you just helped me again hahahahaha He is also posting a bevy of women (his work subordinates and Landmark participants) out with him every weekend and it is very blah blah blah. He just looks like a fool really.

The ahedonia is very very instersting and I think he thinks he is completely enlightened.

You will get there with your feelings. We all struggle regulating them and understanding them but I guess that is part of being a functioning human being. Learning, growing and healing xx

Date: November 22, 2017 06:21PM

Ps. His eyes are completely dead. Urgh. Insidious.

Date: November 22, 2017 09:52PM

I’ve just worked it out. He is trying to recruit our mutual friends on social media!

Facebook was designed to be compulsive, add in an LGAT..OY!
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 23, 2017 12:44AM

A graduate from a Large Group Awareness Trainings(LGAT) on Facebook.

Guys, what Throughmyeyes suspects might happen -- if the ex partner goes on to recruit people via social media, some heavy shit is going to happen.

It is no longer the effects of Landmark on one person. It will be the effects of Landmark on one person magnified exponentially via social media which has been designed to get people hooked.

Here's a public health analogy.

Imagine a person incubating measles(A person high from an LGAT, eager to recruit). Person is able to walk around, looks healthy, but is shedding a disease virus.

Imagine how many more people will be exposed to the virus shed by the single
person if that person spends time in a town with just one Famous National
Chain cafe that supplies not just coffee but free Wifi and plenty of outlets
for laptops. Tons of people frequent that place going to and from work, needing coffee and sandwiches, yet others come in and stay put on account of the other amenities.

The spread of the virus is amped up by a social setting heavily used because it sells stuff people use many times a day -- coffee and Wifi

Compulsion by Design - Facebook ex President Tells All

A former founder of Facebook has, in an interview, revealed that he and others intentionally designed Facebook to attract attention and then hold \
user's attention as long as possible.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2017 12:52AM by corboy.

Current Page: 4 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.