Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Jim Zarvos & Beyond Your Best LGAT
Posted by: RTEzorhby ()
Date: September 14, 2011 12:20AM

Hello, everyone! I am new to this forum; what brought me here was concern over some of my family members becoming involved in Beyond Your Best here in Indiana.

I haven't been able to find much information about this group that is not self-produced, which concerns me in itself. The founder, Jim Zarvos, claims to have trained personnel at many large corporations (American Express, Eli Lilly, Burger King, etc.), yet I can not find a single article in a newspaper or business publication about this fellow?!

The seminars (Breaking Through, The Journey, Vision In Action) are very expensive; Breaking Through parts I & II (2 weeks) are a whopping $1295.00. One family member that attended Breaking Through I told me what it consisted of, and, yes, it IS a classic Large Group Awareness Training cult: breaking people down, redefining words, marathon trainings, and so on.

In conclusion, I am curious if there's anything I can do to expose this as what it is before this man moves to his next location, leaving his devotees poor and confused. Below are some of the websites I found relating to Zarvos:

Zarvos Coaching & Consulting
The Answer To Absolutely Everything
International Coaching Consulting & Training Group

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jim Zarvos & Beyond Your Best LGAT
Posted by: klmdxgpu359 ()
Date: November 14, 2011 10:11AM

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same thing with a friend. He has completed the first two sessions and after the second level was bombarding me with invites to lunch/dinner to talk about this life changing experience, despite my politely spoken disinterest.

I have traced Zarvos back to the Millenium 3 Education group. Jim Zarvos and his wife took over the company. If you search Millenium 3 Education, several questionable reiviews come up. No wonder they changed the name to Zarvos.

I can't find any history on him. Almost seems like a fake name. Only self published information comes up when I've searched his name.

My friend is acting strange, surrounding himself with so called new friends (that cost a ton of money), and continues to try to pursuade me to join. I'm not sure what to do either but this is clearly a scam. He is already volunteering his time to help with the company. I'm confused as to why it costs so much if it is staffed by volunteers.

I will absolutely never register for this course.

Posted by: Amelia ()
Date: February 01, 2012 06:32AM

I too " fell" for all of the manipulated so called Beyond Your Best crap.
More like "Beyond Your Wallet." the reason I say this is because I completed the first level to the tune of $450.00 and after not wanting to " go to the next level I opted out." This Beyond Your Best is nothing more than a way to brainwash and manipulate individuals that they can " walk on water" so to speak. The constant use of phrases like "your almost there "and "stay with it for your breakthrough" and "make sure you do come back to go to the next level" and so forth because "folks stay with it this will change your life." I'm surprised they didn't break out the kool aid. Upon interviewing one before you write that first check for" beginners level " or level 1 they inquire as to your weakness, strenghs, hardships and etc. for the use of orchestrating manipulation from more than one or more individuals. In essence I am so glad I did spare my self of further degrade and humiliation mask by the hum drum of "transformation and my break through." All it is, is a glorified Jim Jones and Waco, Tx. experience but the difference is you sacrifice money and mind games and one gets to go home. I can't tell you how many people from a professional and non professional back ground actually fell for this. I waited about a year or more afterwards( I wanted to see if a few people were still transformed with their break through) and made calls to a few of the individuals I participated with in "my group" and interesting enough they didn't want to talk as if they wished they never would have experienced this "Beyond Your Best." It's a joke and a waste of time. Any and all individuals should be very careful. You don't need Beyond Your Best to be your best. Everything you have and need is all inside of your heart. Jim Zarvos and his Beyond Your Best is more than a quick way for him to make money and use individuals as puppets and at your expense. Let's face it anything that's honest and helpful in the name of mankind does not require money and is genuine from the heart.

Posted by: Pencil94 ()
Date: March 19, 2012 07:06AM

Has anyone ever been able to get their money back from this charlatan? I would love to get my money back and I haven't even done the class. A "friend" swindled me in to signing up. My first thought was that it was a scam, but she is usually a very straight-forward person, and the information looked good. Then, I found all of this information. Not planning on attending the seminars and really need my $1200 back. Open to any ideas. Shame on me for falling for what I thought was a scam in the first place...Once bitten....
Thanks.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 19, 2012 09:45AM

Threatening to contact the Better Business Bureau and the Chamber of Commerce in the town or city where the event was held are additional pressure points. Also, tell 'em you're thinking of contacting the place where the event was held.

That may give you some results. Getting an attorney to send it on the legal firms stationary is even better and so would sending the letter by certified mail.

This gives a signal that you are building a paper trail.

Do it as soon as you can, otherwise a filing deadline might pass beyond which your complaint cannot be legally actionable.

Do not accept stalling or delays. The entity might try to do this precisely to keep you from taking legal action in time before the filing deadline.

If they accuse you of being 'too aggressive' dont reply. Smile inside yourself and take it as a backhanded compliment.

It means you're scaring the pants off them.

Posted by: klmdxgpu359 ()
Date: March 19, 2012 10:30AM

I don't think they are registered with the BBB. That is one more reason I believe this is a scam. I have seen people write on the Zarvos Facebook page requesting they teach a money seminar. Are people really this blind? See a licensed therapist, a certified counselor, a program that isn't secretive or independent of any governing bodies.

Good luck to you Pencil94! Keep us informed. This thread does appear in a Zarvos google search. It would be good for others who are tempted to participate in this scam to see your experience with attempts to get a refund. Maybe it will stop others from giving their money (and minds) to these thiefs.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 20, 2012 04:05AM

To clarify:

I didnt suggest asking whether they're registered with the Better Business Bureau.

I advise Pencil warning that if they dont refund his or her money that P would REPORT 'em to the Better Business Bureau.

Let us know how this turns out. Will be valuable info.

Date: March 20, 2012 04:43AM

Well, I have left 2 voicemails and an e-mail. Will be following tomorrow with a certified letter. Not surpisingly, a "reply" message to Jim Zarvos' email is bounced as undeliverable. Also, have an e-mail that Zarvos is opening a new office in Chicago! Must have tapped out the Indiananpolis market.
I plan on reporting them to the BBB, local chamber of commerce and the Indiana Atty General.

Date: March 26, 2012 08:24AM

Jim Zarvos called me after receiving my certified letter! He said he will refund my money - but I'm not hopeful. I believe the certfied letter put him on notice that I meant business and know he is a charlatan and a crook. At any rate, I feel this is a small victory in the war against these vultures. I'll keep you posted.

Posted by: just_reener ()
Date: March 29, 2012 02:27AM

It seems only one person that is writing on here has been through one level of the program - and not even the entire program. I am all about freedom of speech, but I am concerned that what you are putting on here about BYB or Breaking Through is a clouded perception of things - maybe some fear of the unknown.

We have seen though history that it is this fear of the unknown and unwillingness to find out the whole story has caused much havoc and terror - i.e. - witch hunts, genocides, Holocaust.

I understand someone asking the question on this forum to gather information - I did the same thing before I went through the program two years ago. I was scared of the unknown and googled them, and yes, I found people talking about how their loved ones had changed, that it ruined a marriage, and on and on. What I then thought about was the people I knew personally that had gone through it and how I respected and trusted them. They didn't push this on me - the ones I thought about never even talked to me about it, but I knew they were graduates. They were at peace with themselves - and strong, wonderful people with an outwardly focused life volunteering, helping, and bringing joy and happiness to the world.

I graduated two years ago from the program, and I am so thankful that Jim and Nora care enough about our world to facilitate a workshop that helped me realize how incredibly powerful I am - helping me be a better mother, wife, friend, and business owner.

Take the time to learn the whole story before you start judging. The only kool-aid we drink as graduates is the one we make ourselves - and it's full of love, joy, happiness and realization that we can bring the best of us for the world to see and be part of a greater life. It doesn't have to happen in the workshop - the graduates are doing this in their everyday lives.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.