Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Wikipedia
Date: November 06, 2005 08:21AM

It appears that some Landmarkians have taken to revising the Wikipedia decriptions of Landmark. Perhaps some of you here with a differing point of view, with a flair for writing, might want to put in your two cent's worth:

[en.wikipedia.org]

[en.wikipedia.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Wikipedia
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: November 07, 2005 03:06AM

I find that Wikipedia is pretty good for non-controversial subjects, but for issues that are controversial, the partisans and fanatics just take over.

Wikipedia
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: November 08, 2005 11:46AM

some of the work on that entry, I did myself, speifically looking for a mix of positive, negative and mixed links for it to balance it out and make neutral. I don't like looking at that entry. it depresss me. earlier, un-censored versions of the entry did get copied and distributed throughout the web. with a little Googling you can locate them. such as here.

EDITED TO ADD: I did, actually, stop by the Wikipedia entry to see what had become of it. at my cursory glance it did not look that bad.

dividing the links into straight pro- and con I don't like one bit. the world doesn't work that way.

Wikipedia
Posted by: Vicarion ()
Date: November 11, 2005 09:00AM

Wikipedia is definitely *not* a very good source of information on a great many subjects, because the entires are quite often written and re-written by people with an agenda. I've found some of the entries to be rather sad and/or laughable. It is far from a trustworthy source of reference.

Wikipedia
Date: December 06, 2005 06:47AM

I first saw this story online last week, and today it is in the headlines on Yahoo:

[news.yahoo.com]

I realized over a year ago that Wikipedia was not very reliable precisely because of the fact that *anyone* can write or edit entries. Now we know this to be true, so Wikipedia has responded by a "tightening" of their rules. But they haven't tightened them enough, as you still don't need to give them an email address, according to today's report.

I consider Wikipedia about as reliable as the Weekly World News when it comes to controversial topics such as cults.

Wikipedia
Date: December 11, 2005 09:58PM

Just found out about this website:

[www.wikipedia-watch.org]

Wikipedia
Date: December 15, 2005 06:29AM

And the beat goes on:

[news.yahoo.com]

Wikipedia's credibility (if they ever had any) is sinking fast...

Wikipedia
Date: December 28, 2005 06:17PM

Wikipedia has changed its policy so that anyone can edit an entry but only registered users can create a new entry.

authorized users can also get notified of changes to articles. so that if a user tries to redress some of the bias present in the Landmark article (the article currently has a lot of bias, with all criticisms rebutted and glosssed away) that they can go and restore it.

Wikipedia
Date: December 29, 2005 08:16AM

Information found on Wikipedia (like the rest of the internet) is to be taken with a grain of salt.

Wikipedia
Date: January 01, 2006 03:58AM

that's crazy talk!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.