Landmark Education, When Does It End?
Posted by: Impacted ()
Date: October 08, 2007 03:15AM

How much time? How much money?

The Landmark Forum? The Advanced Course? The Self Expression and Leadership Program? The Introduction Leader's Program? The Communication Course? The Advanced Communication Course? The Team Management and Leadership Program? The Seminars? The Graduate-Advanced Seminars? The Wisdom Course . . .

Nope.

Beware, this organization will suck time and money from you with NO END.

For Example:

>>>

The Developmental Program.

"In these weekends we will be exploring materials that may be used in the Wisdom Course Area. The kinds of people who would enjoy this program are those with a pioneer spirit."

2008 Dates (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday):
January 25 – 27
February 22 – 24
March 28 – 30
May 30 – Jun 1
July 11 – 13
August 15 –17
October 10 – 12
November 21 – 23

$3,000 per weekend
$2,500 per weekend for five of more weekends
$2,000 per weekend for all eight weekends

6979 Highway 140
Midpines, CA 95345

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Do you suppose they look at someone who would pay $16,000.00 for eight weekends of let's-try-it-out-and-see-if-it -works processes as

A) "Englightened/Transformed?"

B) "A Sucker?"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: October 08, 2007 03:29AM

Do you suppose they look at someone who would pay $16,000.00 for eight weekends of let's-try-it-out-and-see-if-it -works processes as

B) "A Sucker?"

Oh my gosh! It just doesn't matter how much I read about how 'in your face', 'right out in the open' style of landmark's ripping people off, it shocks me anyway! The above cost for a few borrowed cliches and poorly repackaged knowledge and common sense tidbits, is just horrendous. This is the kind of robbery that should be reported on CNN or at the very least to the BBB.
Imagine losing $16,000.00 in an attempt to buy a little wisdom? Why not pay another $16,000.00 for the oxygen that will be inhaled during the course? You know that that oxygen can't be found anywhere else!

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: October 08, 2007 03:33AM

ON2 LF

B) "A Sucker?"

Oh my gosh! It just doesn't matter how much I read about how 'in your face', 'right out in the open' style of landmark's ripping people off, it shocks me anyway! The above cost for a few borrowed cliches and poorly repackaged knowledge and common sense tidbits, is just horrendous. This is the kind of robbery that should be reported on CNN or at the very least to the BBB.
Imagine losing $16,000.00 in an attempt to buy a little wisdom? Why not pay another $16,000.00 for the oxygen that will be inhaled during the course? You know that that oxygen can't be found anywhere else!

Five little words describe the type of action and serious inquiry that is needed -

United States Department of Labor .

Date: October 08, 2007 03:55AM

Five little words describe the type of action and serious inquiry that is needed -

What I'd like to know is, what kind of 'arrangement' landmark has with the IRS or even the US dept. of labor, to be able to get away with its business? How do you get away with ripping people off to the tune of $16,000.00 by selling them absolutely NOTHING, and never ever have to justify yourself for it? I don't think this is just a case where the authorities haven't caught on to landmark, I think its a case of the authorities being 'in it' waist deep. There is no other logical explanation.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: October 08, 2007 05:07AM

ajinajan

It will certainly help. Every little morsel will help. Education is a huge factor, but hugely complex and costly (nonetheless, it should always be a spending priority). More needs to be done at a fundamental learning stage to help us to 'better think' ourselves and this world. I think it'll always be a rocky road. But you have to get your feet burnt and your hands dirty sometimes to learn the real lessons. And does it stop? No, I don't think so and for good reason. I mean, am I really more than a kind of scientist on this planet? Yeah, perhaps I have my own particular twist on things, but boiled right down ... also, a kind of artist with that twist thing, again. Perception. It's always been a good topic. The way I see it, perception is filtered by who we are. That's cliched enough. So, it comes back to education. Now it sounds like a Landmark promotion, except that they don't educate, they indoctrinate. They, like all the others, believe in absolute truth and that's where this scientist has to shake his head.

I don't think there's any one key body that can unlock the shackles of our ignorance and stupidity. LGATs have the lollies; we have the sweet tooth.

Date: October 08, 2007 06:30AM

Now it sounds like a Landmark promotion, except that they don't educate, they indoctrinate. They, like all the others, believe in absolute truth and that's where this scientist has to shake his head.

I don't think there's any one key body that can unlock the shackles of our ignorance and stupidity. LGATs have the lollies; we have the sweet tooth.

well stated. How does something so simple get so convoluted?

Posted by: Blue Pill ()
Date: October 09, 2007 12:17AM

ON2 LF

Now it sounds like a Landmark promotion, except that they don't educate, they indoctrinate. They, like all the others, believe in absolute truth and that's where this scientist has to shake his head.

well stated. How does something so simple get so convoluted?

Is it Madonna and Tiger Woods who are alleged to have gone on the celebrity version of the Forum? Now I have seen the light about all this I would be very surprised if Madonna had fallen for it. I heard a rumour that it cost $20k each, held in some mountain retreat somewhere. I wonder what Madonna's rackets were?

"Can't a woman take a piss without a photographer being there?"

Maybe Tiger's was

"Why can't these goddam Brits have the Open on a course I like?"

Would have been fun to be a fly on that wall.........

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.