Landmark in the MySpace Universe
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: December 02, 2006 03:24PM

For anyone who already has or is planning to create a MySpace account, there are some interesting groups available to join on MySpace :

Down with Landmark Education
[groups.myspace.com]

People that Did Not Like the Landmark Forum
[groups.myspace.com]

Landmark Possibilities
[groups.myspace.com]

Landmark Education Forum Grads
[groups.myspace.com]

LANDMARK !
[groups.myspace.com]

LANDMARK EDUCATION LOS ANGELES
[groups.myspace.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: December 07, 2006 02:56PM

I visited some of the posted sites for myspace, intruded on the active landmarker blogs...so freaky to read the posts of practicing landmarkians...Its like watching a re-run of Star Trek in the episodes where the Starship Enterprise, the good guys, encounter the dreaded Borg in space...The first thing the Borg do is say "put down your shields, we are the BORG, resistance is futile, you will be assimilated!" I don't know whether to call it 'landmark' or 'the collective' now! Same thoughts, same goals, same interests, same stories, same incoherent logic, and the worst, same limited vocabulary.

Posted by: kittymom1979 ()
Date: April 26, 2007 07:06AM

I tried to access the "Down With Landmark Education" group and it doesnt seem to work, so I created another, anyone is welcome to join my group.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: April 27, 2007 12:53PM

ON2 LF
I visited some of the posted sites for myspace, intruded on the active landmarker blogs...so freaky to read the posts of practicing landmarkians...Its like watching a re-run of Star Trek in the episodes where the Starship Enterprise, the good guys, encounter the dreaded Borg in space...The first thing the Borg do is say "put down your shields, we are the BORG, resistance is futile, you will be assimilated!" I don't know whether to call it 'landmark' or 'the collective' now! Same thoughts, same goals, same interests, same stories, same incoherent logic, and the worst, same limited vocabulary.

My thoughts EXACTLY. Plus they're basically lost without their 'queen'...or is that 'king'...I'm still laughing! And like the Borg, Lekkies don't have a 'big picture' to aim for. It's all about instant gratification with no idea where they're eventually headed. Perhaps it's indicative of the type of thinking that wants to solve its problems with abundance...only to find that they've created a lifeless community. Their solution will be worse than their 'imagined' problem...

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: April 27, 2007 04:05PM

unfortunately, they do see a 'big picture', that is the ultimate goal of assimilating the planet. I don't know how that picture looks in a lekkie fantasy but I'm pretty sure the picture doesn't show much in fine detail or uniqueness. Just a big picture with randomly hung $$$ chandeliers and no people anywhere to covet the chandeliers or the setting.

They seem able to envision this goal as being achievable in their induced states of grandiosity. Their solutions are definately worse than the imagined problems partly because they have only one solution to any given problem and partly because they can't apply that solution to a non-assimilated mind.

In all fairness to the lekkie logic, to solve a non-existent problem you need a non-existent solution, and the circular logic that characterizes the lekkie world certainly engages those problems with a vengeance.

Like rebels without a cause, chasing parked cars.

...but, on a more positive note, :D at the end of the Star Trek episodes, the captain and the crew of the Enterprise always move on (at warp speed no less). I hope these earthly borg-like organisms will someday choose to learn a lesson from the happy endings. [i:7fc72b36bb]Their[/i:7fc72b36bb] resistance is futile!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.