Another Columnist tells Reader to Go to Landmark
Posted by: Maggie ()
Date: January 30, 2007 11:51PM

Read Point #4 -- he flippantly tells the reader to "Go to Landmark Forum or a Tony Robbins seminar"

[www.saipantribune.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: January 31, 2007 01:43AM

Maggie
Read Point #4 -- he flippantly tells the reader to "Go to Landmark Forum or a Tony Robbins seminar"

[www.saipantribune.com]

The column is called " A letter to Jerry ", in the " Saipan Tribune ". by a " Walt F.J. Goodridge ". Interesting how this individual can be so "flippant", as you put it, when recommending readers to such controversial groups as those you mentioned above. Here is the quote from his "recommendation" :

4. FOURTH. You said, "I feel like I’m losing 20 years of my life to the military..." Does that mean you’ve already decided to make it 20? If so, then you really don’t want my advice, do you? If, on the other hand, you’re really ready to do something different, then consider the following suggestions:

a) Take a transformational course/workshop like the Landmark Forum (www.landmarkeducation.com) or a Tony Robbins weekend or purchase some motivational tapes and CDs to inject some new beliefs into your mind.

Yeesh.

Caveat emptor - only in this case it's reader beware ...

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: January 31, 2007 06:20AM

Seems like another 'creative' recruitment scheme for Landmark!

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: January 31, 2007 10:46AM

Cultists are so friggin IGNORANT of what they are promoting to the unsuspecting public!! This is comparable to a drug user or a drug dealer promoting their drug of choice as a great thing and everyone should try it!
How did the 'quick fix' approach to life become so damn necessary that it seems ok to not only begin living a lie, but to continue on with it until that lie fails to reality? Is this a fad thing or a just an outright stupidity and immaturity thing, resulting from the ever multiplying and prevalent 'ME' generation?

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: February 01, 2007 11:48AM

Have we become lazy?

Are we intent on instant gratification?

Why read when you can just watch the movie?

Why think when you can have it done for you?

Sheep. I'm thinking about sheep. Why try when it's all so cheap?

But you do get what you paid for... :lol:

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: February 01, 2007 12:12PM

you're not kidding! And a bit more, or less.... :shock:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.