Chicken $oup for the Brainwashed LGAT Seminar-Junkie Soul
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: August 04, 2005 05:43PM

Even Jack Canfield, The Chicken Soup guy, is hooking up with all of the LGATS.
[www.thesuccessprinciples.com]

On this page, press,
Page 441: Daily Reading List & Other Success Resources
[www.thesuccessprinciples.com]

Here he recommends Landmark, PSI, Sedona, and just about every other dubious scaminar on the face of the earth.
He basically tells his followers to do ALL of these programs and get ALL of those tapes and books. He is deliberately telling people to become LGAT seminar junkies.

Just think, this guy is reaching millions of people with this bunk, and they are going to rob and pillage the credulous masses for years to come.
All these guys do is sit back in their mansions and think of new ways to bilk the public, so I guess they can have even more mansions?

Huge numbers of people are going to be tricked by this stuff.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 04, 2005 10:01PM

Having been a New Age/self-help seeker/junkie, I have tried so many different approaches looking for the "answer." But was unsuccessful and never really convinced that any group, seminar or self-help book was "the way." Which is probably a good thing. This website has been very helpful in furthering the growth of my critical/skeptical thinking.

Although I have become disillusioned by most of the self-help/new age movement, the Sedona Method does appear to provide some useful tools. I did their tape program and a couple of live weekend programs. There were no shaming or bullying tactics or milieu control that I was aware of. Would be interested to hear of others experience with or perspective on the Sedona Method.

P

Posted by: elena ()
Date: August 04, 2005 10:21PM

Hehehehe.....

Hi Coz,

I can just see it now. The whole world mouthing idiotic platitudes, busily going about their self-serving, self-promoting, and self-actualizing, ~enrolling~ everyone they know in their "having gotten" whatever it is they think they are entitled to, exhausting themselves and the planet in endlessly "extraordinary" lives, all the while singing the praises (and probably attending one of those new "mega-churches") of the same old thread-bare and tattered "Dare To Be Great" and "God Wants You To Be Rich" liturgy in ever more ordinary and impoverished masses.

Just a few of us cranky ones will, I'm afraid, be left sitting on the sidelines sadly observing the whole stinking mess. Napoleon Hill must be laughing in his grave. I imagine a consortium, with him and others including that old gas-bag, L. Ron Hubbard and his mentor, Aleister Crowley, all in contortions and wetting themselves at the hoops they can put men through. As some wag observed: to movitate a donkey you need a real carrot; To motivate a man all you need is a picture of a carrot, or less, just the memory of a carrot or the suggestion that there may be a carrot somewhere.

Ellen

Posted by: Toni ()
Date: August 04, 2005 11:28PM

Social connections of long ago and far away...

I continue to receive personal invitations for private gatherings w/ the Chicken Soup gang - various psychics, energy workers, spiritual teachers, more and more variations blah blah blah blah (stopped attending many moons ago).

Oh, yes, they are still VERY hooked into the New Agey snakeoil salesmen world.

Date: August 04, 2005 11:39PM

Oh Lordy,

He even has the nerve to use Weenie's (they're not even Weenie's - he copied them from ElRon and others) ~words.~

The thing that characterizes these "seminars" ("trainings," "programs") more than anything else is their shameless copying of each other and what must be unparalleled lack of imagination.

Of course he has to use *BREAKTHROUGH.* Incredible that one still works after all these years.

Just for ducks, I think I'll cut & paste some paragraphs from his website and highlight the buzz-words. [Parenthetical comments are mine]:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Give me just 7-days to personally [How "personal" is it if you are in an audience of thousands?] *SHARE* [Blechhh] my Success Principles with you, and you will enjoy a dramatic improvement in your life!
—Jack Canfield

Yes, it's a *BOLD* statement, but I've got the track record to back it up.

You probably know me as the co-*CREATOR* [Not "writer," mind you] of the Chicken Soup for the Soul® book series, but before I created the first chicken soup book, I owned a training [Yup, "training" it is, as in "training" your dog to roll-over on command] company with offices in five cities, and taught everyone from executives and CEOs of Fortune 500 companies to average people like you and me how to be happier, more successful and more fulfilled in their lives.

In fact, some people say I've created [there's that old Co$ ~creation~ nonsense sneaking into it again] more millionaires than any other *SUCCESS* teacher alive today. Is it true? [Oh, gee....why not play that little professional manipulation trick and let people assume whatever it is they want to hear.]

I don't know, but I do know that many of my students reach levels of success and happiness they'd never dreamed of before.

And I know why, too. [So, lemme see if I get this...He doesn't know if "it's true," but he knows "why." How can that beeee?]

It's transformational because I've developed the coaching skills [Oh, oh.....two in one sentence. Hey, why not call it *TRANSFOMATIONAL COACHING*] (and a fool-proof system complete with hands-on exercises) for making absolutely sure my students master the material and the neccessary shift [Hey, he forgot to call it a "paradigm" shift.] in personal awareness [Oh yeah...he gives it away here. He's must be channeling Weenie Erhard from the Cayman Islands] —before they leave the training.
Now I want to work side-by-side with you! [I don't know but I feel kind of creeped-out by this desire of his.]

I invite you to join me August 7th - 13th, 2005 at the Ritz Carlton Resort in Lake Las Vegas, Nevada (a suburb of Las Vegas) for my comprehensive 7-day success training. I guarantee it will be a life-changing [Yup, there you go. Life-as-itself is so miserable that everyone must want to *CHANGE* it.] event for you.

You don't have to want to be rich to attend this event. Though it's great to have financial abundance, [Isn't *ABUNDANCE* a "BornAgain" buzz-word?] success is much more than money.

It's also having peace of mind, doing what you love, making a difference and sharing your blessings with others, being challenged and excited by what you do, and making a good living doing it. [So, by logical extension, if this "message" ~resonates~ with you, you are most probably anxious, doing a job you don't like much, feeling insignificant, feel as though you are stagnating or treading water, and barely making enough to get by - certainly not getting rich. Ha! The perfect candidate for an expensive, time-consuming, pseudo-intimate, generic, "Success & Prosperity" cult. You have "self-selected." Great, just great - you can add a psychologically and emotionally dangerous and erosive dumbing-down to the above "problem list," make your situation that much more pathetic, and contribute to the degradation of society. This must be the opposite of some kind of "social Darwinism."]

In this 7-day event, I'll cover every aspect of how to create success in every area of your life.

You'll learn...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boy, he's really got it "piled higher and deeper." Keep a shovel handy. I imagine this one is going to take a lot of mucking-out.

Ellen

Date: August 05, 2005 12:35AM

And guess what!

She was a scientologist, (or "into" Dianetics, or something.)

[www.wendi.com]

P.S. She says scientology IS hypnosis.

Ellen

Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: August 05, 2005 05:06PM

Yes, it would make a great Sci-Fi Dystopia movie, everyone in the world is addicted to going to these fucking idiotic LGAT seminars and getting all pumped up and brainwashed by a bunch of salesmen like Canfield, Tony Robbins, and all the rest of them. You could even have the rest of the world hungry, poor, and the environment deteriorating, while all these Yuppies pay to get brainwashed in hotel ballrooms. They could even be jumping up and down about "saving the poor and the environment and Ending Hunger!".

Then there are the Heretic Underground, people like us hiding in the shadows who stubbornly hold onto this crazy think called Skepticism and independent thinking. We meet in cafe's and dare to think for ourselves. It could be pretty funny.
;-)

There are movies and novels in all of this.
I think we need to recruit some novelists to write some good books about these LGATS, along the lines of George Orwell, but showing all the new Mind Control stuff that is happening these days. This would then lead to movies, and other media exploring these ideas of covert Mind Control in the LGAT format. Most people have no idea of what is going on out there. TOTALLY UTTERLY CLUELESS. They are like lambs being led to the slaughter.

Maybe some of us should start trying to do some talks and counterpropaganda about this...

Also, the counter-cult people should get more organized, and get tons of info to people like young, cool Novelists. I think once many current novelists figured out what is going on with this stuff, they would be writing tons of books about it. We do need a new George Orwell to expose this stuff wide open. If anyone knows of any writers who are very sharp, don't be shy, send them links and info about this stuff. It could spark and idea and some great material could be written about this stuff. Society does need these LGATS and new cults to be explained to them in a way like Orwell did, but adjusted to what is going on now.

As far as Wendi, I didn't know know she was into Scientology, did you have a link for that?
Someone mentioned her long ago, and I am very interested in hypnosis, so I have checked her out, even listened to a few of her live audio Webinars.
She's a pretty good hypnotist, who subtlely slides in lots of sales suggestions in a normal conversational tone. She got completely trashed by Penn & Teller in their Bullshit! show, as she holds a bunch of bogus New Agey beliefs about Hypnosis.

As far as Sedona, WATCH OUT. [www.sedona.com]
That is straight up hypnotic brainwashing stuff, and the totally ridiculous claims made by these people show what their real agenda is. MONEY and your MIND. Stay FAR away from those people. They will get deep inside your mind, and really do a number on you. They can suck you in for YEARS very easily.

There are healthy psychological methods to use to help yourself, but stay far away from these "magical" methods like Sedona. This is flat out Mind Control my friend, its totally transparent.

Here is a thread about true recovery.
[board.culteducation.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.