Concerns about Benchmark Courses in Southern California
Posted by: nobsplease82 ()
Date: August 04, 2012 11:12PM

I am pretty sure some friends of mine have gotten involved with an LGAT and I am concerned about their well-being and safety.

Both have gone through some trying times and because of them I had to distance myself from them for my sanity, however recently one started posting frequently about the courses listed at the website below and due to past reading I had done, etc. I commented to someone that the things this person was posting "reminded me of est." One night after an extremely revealing, personal post on Facebook for all to see using what felt like familiar Landmark-type language, I decided to look into these courses a bit further. It looks like a Tim O'Kelley is leading these seminars and after researching him a bit further I discovered that he was (and may still be, I don't know) associated with PSI Seminars, which is what led me here (one of the links below has a video of him).

This person taking these courses is extremely emotionally vulnerable and has had issues with depression, etc. in the past. Knowing what I know about this person's personal situation related to relationships and employment, I am concerned that once this person cannot afford to pay for these courses anymore the ostracism and dejection will send them down a road from which they cannot return. This person also has children and I am concerned for their well-being as well as this person is their primary caretaker.

Could someone look at this and tell me if I am right to be concerned? Also, how should I approach this person and tell them my concerns? As I said earlier, I have distanced myself from them due to things they were doing in life I didn't agree with, however I do still care about these people and I am particularly concerned about the impact on the kids.

Thank you for any help!

[benchmarkcourses.com]

[benchmarkcourses.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Concerns about Benchmark Courses in Southern California
Posted by: nobsplease82 ()
Date: August 09, 2012 01:37AM

No one has heard anything about this group or about Tim O'Kelley? Can anyone help?

Re: Concerns about Benchmark Courses in Southern California
Posted by: laarree ()
Date: August 15, 2012 04:06PM

He's mentioned on this webpage as a PSI Seminars instructor at some point in the not-too-distant past.

I know virtually nothing about PSI Seminars other than knowing it is an LGAT from having seen it mentioned here in these forums. I watched a Youtube video that was on Benchmark's website in which a very enthusiastic young woman raved about how wonderful the course she took was and why you absolutely have to do it. It reminded me of my years on the LGAT scene way back during the late 1970s through early 1980s. Same excitement, same vagueness about what she might have actually learned other than having her hypomanic button pushed deeply, and same salespersonship.

I think your concern about your vulnerable friend is warranted. My own depression and emotional vulnerability was exacerbated from the years I pissed away involved with an obscure LGAT and taking countless other trainings and workshops, hoping I too could be an 'enthusiastic, effective person whose life worked' instead of a person with a serious mood disorder who had trouble earning a living and surviving in general.

Good luck with influencing your friend away from this madness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2012 04:07PM by laarree.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.