recent landmark weekend!!
Posted by: lovebunny ()
Date: October 20, 2004 03:21AM

:roll: Last weekend I attended the Landmark Forum in Houston. I did EST in 1983 before and that worked pretty good for me espeically after I studied the info that he plagurized from other groups. I confronted the leader when he tried to establish credibility for himself using the Harvard study. I pointed out that was questionable. He tried to turn it around on me course but the other 100+ people in the room were pretty garteful to me and wished they had been better informed. I let him off the hook by not informing the group about the lawsuit. That's not what I was there for. I'm not gonna waste much energy on this but now that I'm inlvoved I support your right to publish your info and they are gonna loose. Hypocricy is not gonna win out on this one! I would like to post on your site but I don't see a provision for that. Do you censore your post?

What disturbed me most was to see people get all stirred up emotionally and not get much help from the leader. He had the capcity to help those people but becuase of the economics of it he couldn't or wouldn't. They can't make any money if they really give anyone the time necessary. It's all big racquet. When questioning him about the Harvard study I was told I have a "screw you" racquet. I just have a big "I love you" for eveyone there. I wish you had all been better informed. Their answer to everything is be the possibilty of bringing yor friends and family members, so we can make more profit, everything else is a just a "story". We do know one thing the only way Landmark will change anything or do anything different is if it effects "enrollments" ie dollars coming in.It's there for anyone to see if only they will look.
You guys have any feedback for me on this. I am planning on going to the "Graduation" tonight. I have told anyone who wants to know about rr.com but they are responsible for themselves. I am thinking of doing the free seminar Wht should I watch out for there?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 20, 2004 03:33AM

As long as people are courteous and respect those who disagree. RR.com works the way a library does. If guests are courteous, no problem.

But if someone starts getting sarcastic, disrespectful,other patrons can't concentrate & the person is asked to leave. It's like having a party at your house. If someone gets drunk and starts trashing you or is nasty to other guests, you're within rights to ask them to leave.

So relax and see what's on the shelves.

If someone has had happy experiences with their human potential group they can get plenty of validation elsewhere.

People visit RR.com because, like you, they have concerns and want to stay focused on discussing thier concerns & get material from outside their LGATs.

The moderators only intervene if certain guests refuse to respect the RR.com 'workspace' and disrupt/ridicule other members' discussions.

Posted by: glam ()
Date: October 20, 2004 03:50AM

Why are you attending Landmark seminars?

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: October 20, 2004 04:49AM

Heads up on the Landmark Seminars....They describe them as in-depth discussion of all the topics brought up in the Forum. Actually, they are used to train lower level employees and possibly volunteers on giving seminars. The seminars are really enrollment sessions in which they persuade you to sign up for more courses and to get you to bring others into Landmark. Very little time is spent on the material, and that is review only. The seminars are marketed as part of the Forum so it looks like you're getting a lot of bang for your buck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.