Monitoring of posts
Posted by: concernedfriend ()
Date: June 16, 2005 10:29PM

I joined this forum just yesterday and have noticed that none of my posts are posted until approved by a moderator. I also noticed that a thread that I started and to which others have contributed is unviewable (the entire thread) now that I have added another message. Is this the usual practice here? I think that communication would be facilitated by posting messages without approval of a moderator, but I understand that there may be reasons for the moderation. In any case I find it disturbing that an entire thread is unviewable, and it does not even appear in the list of threads.

Options: ReplyQuote
Monitoring of posts
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: June 17, 2005 04:25AM

Hi concerned friend,

Posts by all new people do seem to be moderated before being viewable. I suspect this is due to some people abusing the boards and posting rants and flames.

If the thread you are referring to is "Singer in my band now in Landmark" that you say is unviewable, I dont know why you can't see it but its certainly viewable. Maybe its your computer?

Monitoring of posts
Date: June 17, 2005 04:31AM

Thanks, sonnie_dee. I look forward to having my messages posted without awaiting approval. I do understand that some people would disrupt this forum if approval wasn't required.

I now see the thread I started, but for a few hours it seemed to have disappeared. One of the messages I posted in that thread today is now viewable, but there is another one that is not. I hope that it is awaiting approval and hasn't simply vanished into cyberspace.

Monitoring of posts
Date: June 17, 2005 05:38AM

I'm glad to see that my other post is now visible.

Monitoring of posts
Date: June 29, 2005 03:54PM

Are the messages of senior members posted only after approval by a moderator, or are they posted without such approval? If the latter, when do I get to be a senior member? I'd like to see my posts show up as soon as I submit them.

Monitoring of posts
Posted by: elena ()
Date: June 29, 2005 11:48PM

Surely you can imagine the number and volume of attempts to subvert this board. Some cults have people working full time and 24 hours a day doing that very thing. Take a look at the history of alt.religion.scientology. The attempt is to make the threads unreadable.

Why the big rush? If you've got something of merit or genuine curiosity to ask, someone here will read it. After you've posted for a while, people can tell whether you're sincere. We're easily fooled, initially. But it doesn't take that long for someone to reveal himself.

Some of us have been "cult-watching" for decades. What's your major concern?

Ellen

Monitoring of posts
Date: June 29, 2005 11:55PM

I wrote about my current concern here: [board.culteducation.com]

I can wait for Senior Member status. It's just that the internet has accustomed me to instant response, so anything less than that feels like a long time.

Monitoring of posts
Posted by: elena ()
Date: June 30, 2005 12:32AM

Also, have you read the threads that are concerned with getting along with a Landmarker or staying friends with a Landmarker? (Would apply to most other cults as well.)

What made you "see the light" in regards to Lifespring? (They are still around, in various disguises. It seems that many of the people who involved themselves in the management of these things find other ways to do the same sort of business, migrating or reforming similar groups. They must be "addicted" to he thrill of the "hunt" or something. Ever see the movie "Boiler Room?" It's about the companies that recruit young, aggressive, predatory-types who get a rush from "scoring" and channel their energy into sales through various training programs. They screen for these people (mostly males but some females) because they know how to use them.)

You've said very little about your Lifespring involvement. How were you affected, or how did their nonsense affect your life?

Ellen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.