Registration in your forum failed
Posted by: Oliver Riesen ()
Date: August 04, 2016 10:37PM

Hi Administrator,

I'm one of the developer of your forum software Phorum. We got a bug report from one of your new users having problems to register.

See: [github.com]

I don't think that's a problem of our Phorum software. I checked the source code and can't find any explication for this behavior.

You are using some kind of web security appliance?

Regards
Oliver

P.S. I too wasn't able to register myself (my email address oliver at riesen dot org). I didn't receive the confirmation email.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Registration in your forum failed
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 05, 2016 09:50PM

Will look into it.

New people are getting through daily.

But some seem to have problems.

I have put my team on this.

Posted by: Paul Powell ()
Date: September 08, 2016 03:36AM

Same issues tried for two days and I'm not getting the email to activate my account.
Ironically I had to change my email address above as it said I'm registered and need to login. DOH!

Date: September 08, 2016 09:01PM

Check your spam and trash folders. Also if you have any filter in place it may be blocking email.

Posted by: Paul Powell ()
Date: September 08, 2016 10:11PM

I did check trash and spam, nothing.
I tried another email address still a fail.

Date: September 09, 2016 08:32PM

Sorry.

You can search the message board for answers from previous posts.

That's it. No other technical support offered for this message board.

Posted by: Juliavalon ()
Date: December 09, 2016 07:03AM

I had all the problems above but figured out what I was doing wrong so maybe some of you are the same - when it came to sign in my email address was automatically filled in as my ID as is the case in many other places like this plus when my password failed it gave me the option that maybe i had forgotton my password but never suggested my user name - so check if you gave a user name different from your email address
Good luck

Posted by: chituwa ()
Date: March 21, 2017 12:12AM

Received confirmation email, but link just takes me to a screen with "Error Occurred."

Posted by: Lmd414 ()
Date: October 25, 2017 01:38PM

I am unable to register... however I am trying to contact a moderator regarding old threads that are personal in nature about me that were posted by family members in 2007. I would like very much 10 years later for these threads to be removed. If you could get me instructions or an email address to handle this I would greatly appreciate it. As an abuse victim- I would like my story to belong to me- not everyone on the internet. And the stories posted are not accurate. Please get back to me. Leahdubin@outlook.com

[forum.culteducation.com]

Leah

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.