Church of the first born.
Posted by: u51361 ()
Date: March 26, 2005 10:01AM

:| I am inquiring about church of the first born.
I live in a community of belivers. I have concerns because they do not take thier children to the Dr. I was researching the church on the net and found this sight. Does any one know about the church. I'm not sure I have the right one becasue the information on the web sight speaks of "the Assemby of the first born" the sign on the church I am inquiring about does not have "the assemby" in the title. :?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SarahL ()
Date: March 27, 2005 08:22AM

I don't know specifics of this particular church, but I have some reasonable research skills, perhaps I can help with that.

If I was researching a church, I'd run a google search on any names of folks I knew in this particular church, I'd also pay attention to location, where the church is located.

Since this group rejects medical treatment, I'd also read up on any related information, discussion and articles on this topic.

The Rick Ross database has excellent resources.

As for the specific name of this church, I'd check any printed materials etc. that I could, ask around if able.

From the little bit I've seen so far, there are several possible variations on the name, depending on the specific sect. Also, a church could have a long official name, with a shortened version for their signs and everyday use. I notice a Colorado based "General Assembly Church of The First Born", a "Church of the First Born" active mostly in Colorado and Oklahoma, and several polygamous groups. I also found a "Church of the First Born" in Wales.

The fact that this group rejects medical treatment is of grave concern.

This Cult Education Forum is helpful and supportive, and the RR site has lots of excellent information.

Do any of the churches listed in articles on: [www.culteducation.com]
match up with the one you are researching?

Posted by: jenie123 ()
Date: September 26, 2005 05:05PM

PLEASE HELP US!!
kATHY LOU’S STORY

On August 18, 2005 I spoke with my sister, Kathryn Louise Capdeville or “Kathy Lou” as we called her. We talked of the usual things going on in our lives, like my doctor’s appointment, the kids starting school, and the upcoming arrival of her baby. I reminded her that she needed to call me as soon as she went into labor, because it would take me some time to get there. She promised me she would. That was the last time I would ever talk to my sister. She died August 21, 2005 at 11:20 a.m. in her home after giving birth to a beautiful baby girl, she was 26 years old.

Kathy Lou was raised in the Baptist Church. She was married in a Baptist Church to Joshua Capdeville on December 21, 1998. She had 2 beautiful children in Cushing Regional Hospital, Isabel Dianne 8 years old and Jeffery Edward 7 years old.

Joshua soon became a member of the Church of the First Born of Cushing, OK. Kathy, after speaking to her pastor about it, soon followed. Their family attended church regularly and soon Kathy Lou was pregnant again. This time she told our family of her intention to have the baby at home with a mid-wife from the Church. We were very worried about this decision, and reminded her that she could be held criminally liable if something were to happen. But, she assured us that everything would be okay. Kathy Lou was in labor a very short time and soon Dannielle Jean was born with no complications. The mid-wife was not present at her birth.

Soon after Danielle’s birth, Kathy Lou again became pregnant. Again the mid-wife was not present for the actual birth of Phillip Nathaniel. She arrived shortly after the birth, and was present to help deliver the afterbirth. I later learned that with that delivery Kathy Lou had complications. She hemorrhaged but they were able to stop the bleeding. I’ve also been told that the mid-wife told her she should not have any more children.

On August 20, 2005 at approximately 10:00 p.m. my sister Susan saw Kathy at her house. She asked her several times if she was okay, to which Kathy replied “yes.”

On August 21, 2005 at approximately 9:45 a.m. my brother, Jim was on his way to sit with my dad. He passed Kathy Lou’s house and noticed numerous cars parked in front. When Jim arrived at my dad’s he mentioned the cars at Kathy Lou’s and asked dad if they might have been having church there. My dad immediately knew the baby must have been born so he called Kathy Lou’s to find out and check on her. Kathy Lou’s sister-in-law answered the phone and told my father that the baby was born at 05:20 a.m. and she was a healthy baby girl. She told my father that Kathy was resting and could not be disturbed. My dad did not pursue this since it is common practice with the First Born to not allow anyone not affiliated with the church present for the birth or to see the baby for several days. At approximately 12:00 p.m. a member of my sister’s church told my sister-in-law that it had been announced at church that Kathy had passed away. My sister-in-law called my dad and informed him what she had heard. My dad then called the Cushing Police to find out what was going on.

To this day we, Kathy Lou’s family, have not gotten the full story about what happened. All we know is that Kathy had a baby girl at 05:20 a.m.. Kathy Lou never passed the afterbirth, and bleed to death. No family members were ever contacted before Kathy passed away. Kathy did believe in medicine and used ointments, creams, and liquid medicines in the presence of her family, but was adamant that Josh, her husband, not find out.

My sister believed that to disobey her husband was the biggest sin of all, and that is why she followed him to the Church of the First Born. She could not stand up to him or that Church. She died, because she had no voice. No one present to speak for her.

We have been told that Kathy was too tired to push the baby out, that someone had to get behind her and physically help push the baby out. We’ve been told that Kathy wouldn’t look at the baby after she was born, but that she breast fed 2 times. We’ve been told that right before she passed away she curled up into a fetal position and her husband thought she was going to be okay, but she began to choke, so he put a wooden spoon in her mouth to keep her from gagging. We were told that she didn’t want her family contacted until everything was okay, and that she was afraid that there would be problems between her husband and her family.

My sister saw my dad on a daily basis. They were close. She would have wanted him there if she knew she was dying. My sister also promised to make a call list and make sure that her Church knew her wishes. She wanted one of her sisters present. She would never willingly leave behind 5 children.

It is my wish that through all of this something good can happen, and that maybe my sister wouldn’t have died in vain. The first thing I’d like to change is the law of Oklahoma. As it is now, mid-wives don’t have to have any certification or training. I think that should change. I firmly believe that had Kathy’s mid-wife been better trained and felt that she would be responsible if something happened, then she either would have performed her duty, or she would have called 911. The second thing I would like to see done is the requirement of someone other that the church to respond. As it stands now, only church members are present when something like this happens. Had they called 911, an ambulance would have arrived, checked Kathy, and if she was in the condition to make the decision not to go to the hospital, she would have signed a refusal, and they would have been on their way. There were no other witnesses. No one knows what really happened in that house other than those responsible.

I know that my sister would not want any other family to go through what we have. She wouldn’t want another woman, who put her trust in her husband and Church, to lay there and bleed to death, because no one would help her.

Kathy Lou loved her husband and her family. She was full of life, and never lived a day for herself. Kathy was a woman of great faith, and I believe that she put all her faith and trust in that mid-wife, the Church and her husband and they failed her. They all watched, and knew that she would die if they failed to get her help. They stood by and watched her bleed to death.

My question, is who makes that decision? Why can a mid-wife hide behind her religious beliefs and not have to be responsible for their actions? Why aren’t they legally liable? It is absolutely criminal what members of the Church of the First Born did to my sister, and even more criminal what they are doing to her kids. They deprived them of their mother, and for that I hope God can forgive them, because in my eyes they are murderers!

It is our wish that through all of this something good can happen, and that maybe our sister won’t have died in vain. We have spoken to State Rep. Lee Denney and she is working on legislation named after Kathy, called Kathy’s Law, which will change the law in Oklahoma requiring mid-wives to be licensed and certified or trained.

If you are as outraged as we are, please help us pass a law requiring mid-wives to be licensed, trained and responsible for their actions by calling State Rep. Lee Denney at (405) 557-7304, Senator Patrick Anderson at 405-521-5830 and the Payne Co. District Attorney, Robert L. Hudson at 405-372-4883.

Please don’t let another woman die because she didn’t have a voice!

Kathryn Louise Capdeville
“Kathy Lou”
Beloved mother to Isabel 8, Jeffery 7, Dannielle 4, Phillip 3, & Kathryn newborn

We won’t forget, we love you, we miss you and we promise!!
Mom, Dad, Jim, Jeanne, Amanda, Susan & Billie Jean

Posted by: jonathan.cron ()
Date: December 06, 2005 01:21PM

We pray that the General Assembly and Church of the Firstborn will amend its ways and start sticking up for children and mothers in need of medical care.

God Bless!

Posted by: contented_lady ()
Date: December 04, 2006 11:46PM

[b:85d8364b72]Re: General Assembly & Church of the First Born in Vic & North Enid, OK & Kathy Lou:
[/b:85d8364b72]
My Grandparents were "Marked" about 1931, for calling attention to false teachings. To my understanding, NO ONE "stood against" them re. their Faithfulness. Only their nonconformity to the "new" teaching, which contradicted Bro. Raleigh Cunningham's original Wisdom. Another family was "Marked" at that time for similar reasons.

My Father continued in the Church until around 1937, then "dusted his feet", because so much of Bro. Raleigh's teachings were tossed out OR abused.

My Father-in-law began the North Enid Church, in his home. Jack Robinson bore false witness against him about 1959, and he was "Marked".

The Vici Church has TREMENDOUS power over my area. The majority of Vici School Board members are of the faith. Our new County Commissioner is. And, they continue to "make or break" businesses.

It has nurtured GREED, HYPOCRISY to the Word of God, respecters of person, manipulation in word & deed & FEAR--IMMENSE FEAR--within and with outsiders of the Church. Corruption runs amuck. As does INBREEDING.

I ran across this board yesterday & called my Father-in-law. He would be glad to talk to anyone who has left the Church, been "Marked", or about the changes in these 2 Churches, but he doesn't have online services.

He continues to follow the Original Ways, but "New ones" drive far into the country to harass him, and a few to actually listen to the Old Ways & glean from them.

My husband works with a current Elder, and we have many family members involved in the hierarchy. Otherwise, we kindly avoid members as much as possible.

However, my husband did confront the Elder he works with. The man watched his 17 or 18 year old son, lay on the sofa and die a few years ago. (Antibiotics would have saved the young man.)But, at work, he was bragging about how much money he'd made in his IRA, by INVESTING IN MEDICAL STOCKS.

Though, we choose to use medical aid occasionally, this Elder doesn't. My husband confronted him on "profiteering on sin", since he believes medical aid is sin. My husband was armed with the Word of God. The Elder was armed merely with Church Doctrine. GOD won the battle.

We don't attend any Church. We just choose to live as we Believe, and maintain Peace in our lives, judging only works & deeds, but not the people. We don't argue with people, but live a simple, quiet life.

RE: KATHY LOU: My Mother suffered horribly in this church. Dead babies. Babies born "blue". One damaged at birth, and my Mom's unbelievable guilt over the child's inability to walk, because the church declared it was because Mom had committed a sin. Daily challenges that few women could ever bear.

I hope something here is of use to someone. I am admittedly AFRAID someone from one of these 2 churches will run across this, know exactly who I am, and find a way to inflict punishment on my husband and me. I don't want trouble. I only wish to voice experiences & possibly be useful to someone here.

contented_lady

Posted by: contented_lady ()
Date: December 05, 2006 03:36AM

[b:3a92c8cd9e]RE: General Assembly & the Church of the Firstborn, & Kathy Lou:[/b:3a92c8cd9e]
My Grandparents were "Marked" about 1931, for calling attention to false teachings. To my understanding, NO ONE "stood against" them re. their Faithfulness. Only their nonconformity to the "new" teaching, which contradicted Bro. Raleigh Cunningham's original Wisdom. Another family was "Marked" at that time for similar reasons.

My Father continued in the Church until around 1937, then "dusted his feet", because so much of Bro. Raleigh's teachings were tossed out OR abused.

My Father-in-law began the North Enid Church, in his home. Jack Robinson bore false witness against him about 1959, and he was "Marked".

The Vici Church has TREMENDOUS power over my area. The majority of Vici School Board members are of the faith. Our new County Commissioner is. And, they continue to "make or break" businesses.

It has nurtured GREED, HYPOCRISY to the Word of God, respecters of person, manipulation in word & deed & FEAR--IMMENSE FEAR--within and with outsiders of the Church. Corruption runs amuck. As does INBREEDING.

I ran across this board yesterday & called my Father-in-law. He would be glad to talk to anyone who has left the Church, been "Marked", or about the changes in these 2 Churches, but he doesn't have online services.

He continues to follow the Original Ways, but "New ones" drive far into the country to harass him, and a few to actually listen to the Old Ways & glean from them.

My husband works with a current Elder, and we have many family members involved in the hierarchy. Otherwise, we kindly avoid members as much as possible.

However, my husband did confront the Elder he works with. The man watched his 17 or 18 year old son, lay on the sofa and die a few years ago. (Antibiotics would have saved the young man.)But, at work, he was bragging about how much money he'd made in his IRA, by INVESTING IN MEDICAL STOCKS.

Though, we choose to use medical aid occasionally, this Elder doesn't. My husband confronted him on "profiteering on sin", since he believes medical aid is sin. My husband was armed with the Word of God. The Elder was armed merely with Church Doctrine. GOD won the battle.

We don't attend any Church. We just choose to live as we Believe, and maintain Peace in our lives, judging only works & deeds, but not the people. We don't argue with people, but live a simple, quiet life.

KATHY LOU: My Mother's experiences were horrible. Dead babies. Babies born "blue". One damaged at birth, and my Mom's unbelievable guilt over the child's inability to walk, because the church declared it was because Mom had committed a sin. Daily challenges that few women could ever bear. May God Bless your family and grant you strength.

I hope something here is of use to someone. I am admittedly AFRAID someone from one of these 2 churches will run across this, know exactly who I am, and find a way to inflict punishment on my husband and me. I don't want trouble. I only wish to voice experiences & possibly be useful to someone here.

contented_lady[b:3a92c8cd9e][/b:3a92c8cd9e]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.