Current Page: 36 of 36
Re: Ex members of John MacArthur's church
Posted by: freegrace ()
Date: June 28, 2020 12:16AM

I am a former member of a Master's Seminary affiliated church in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The Pastors are graduates of Master's Seminary. I was disciplined for my online behavior in exposing Calvinism and Lordship Salvation on Facebook. I went through the whole process of church discipline and was excommunicated and shunned from GraceLife Church of Edmonton for being divisive and factious. I wasn't the one being divisive. I was speaking the truth. Both Calvinism and Lordship Salvation are false gospels. They are heresy and John MacArthur is a heretic! Thank you for exposing this man for what he is, a wolf! I want my former church to be exposed for what it is, a cult! They spiritually abused me. If you are one Facebook I have a group called Free Grace Believers Against Calvinism and Lordship Salvation. I would love to connect and be friends on Facebook if you are on there.

Thank you and God bless!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: umfs ()
Date: July 03, 2020 02:21AM

Please get ahold of me. Our marriage and family are being destroyed by a Master's seminary church plant. Please help! E

Posted by: Tim McKinney ()
Date: September 28, 2020 08:09PM

Dear Saints:
Pray for John , back in 1989 when a 1000 of us pro-life Christians were praying at an abortion clinic at 6th and Westmoreland streets in Los Angles, brother John MacArthur, said we were not of God and this is not what Peter or Paul would have done because we were breaking the law by prayerfully blocking the entrance of the abortion clinic. The commander Bob Vernon, of the Los Angles police force for that day, was a member of "Grace To You", John MacArthur's church and had gone to him for advice and we were brutalized and physically damage that day by the police while peacefully praying.
It is time for John to confess his fault that we might pray for him.

[www.focusonthefamily.com]

Acts
5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
5:40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. 5:41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

Posted by: shamrock ()
Date: March 09, 2021 08:52AM

New allegations have emerged that John MacArthur draws multiple salaries, own multiple homes, and has family members on the board supposed to supervise him: [julieroys.com]

Posted by: shamrock ()
Date: March 17, 2021 05:00AM

Dennis Swanson, a former insider in John MacArthur's empire, reveals that ghost-writers were involved in writing John MacArthur's books. He describes the practice of trashing reputations, and the atmosphere of fear and intimidation that reigned in John MacArthur's organization.

[julieroys.com]

Posted by: freegrace ()
Date: March 17, 2021 05:33AM

I am a former member of a MacArthur "daughter" church. I was excommunicated and shunned from my former church because I exposed the false gospels and heresies of Calvinism and Lordship Salvation. The whole organization is a cult with John MacArthur as the leader. The pastors of my former church are graduates of Masters Seminary which is MacArthur's seminary. They brought with them the practice of trashing reputations, and an atmosphere of fear and intimidation. When I was wanting to leave the church they said that I couldn't. I felt like I was being held hostage with a gun to my head. Now my former Pastor is sitting in jail for violating Covid-19 health restrictions. He is being looked upon as a hero and martyr. GraceLife Church of Edmonton must be marked and avoided!

Posted by: Growingupcult ()
Date: February 13, 2022 10:23PM

My mom became a believer in the mid 70’s. She said two women came to her door one day. They where from grace church. She said she prayed a prayer and supposedly her life changed forever. So unfortunately, I was raised at grace Cammunity church. This experience was pretty traumatic for me. From a young age I was taught that I was a sinner, I was born damaged and I needed to give my entire life to the lord. I was cool with it I guess. As a young child I remember converting all my catholic friends with this prayer. I was so scared my friends where going to go to hell. This was the mild stuff. I was raised by a women who is obsessed with grace Cammunity church. I even went to the school they had in the late 80s. In my home children should never question authority or anything for that matter. I had no voice, I had no self esteem, I had no value. By age 8 I had become pretty depressed.

Posted by: Growingupcult ()
Date: February 15, 2022 12:11PM

Im bound by shame. I have no personal truth. My truth is my pain filled life. My mother was a Narcissistic Christian who was a member of Grace Cammunity Church (cult). Raised in this environment of shame, guilt, and depravity. From Christ mommy and me, Awanas, attended there school at age 11 or 12., did the churches Biblical Counseling, and every women’s grace. I was always considered by my family as a troubled youth. A sinner, Iv been called evil, told I would end up in jail, everything I did according to my family was bad. Iv never been in trouble with the law or anything but my family was convinced I was a mess. This environment for me was extremely damaging. I have a older brother and a older sister who both where raised in the church too. The church was a big influence on my mother and her parenting. My mother was the head of the house. In public she pretended she was submissive to my Dad but the reality was she/church was in control. She always attacked anybody who did not agree with her and her church. My Dad would just do her dirty work. He should of protected us kids from her or make her get professional help. The problem was my dad was very passive / detached and not really interested in me and my needs. I was just a annoyance to him. Growing up very confused and riddle with shame at a young age. My future was bleak and I just wanted to get away from my home and the church. By the time I was 9 I started to notice my depression was getting pretty bad. Deep sadness surrounding my family and home. I was looking for a way to escape. I was deeply sad and I didn’t know why. Everybody told me I was the problem and I kinda started to believe it. I had been told I was a sinner. I was born bad. So much energy surrounded me, mostly negativity, slander, loud fights with name calling and even physical abuse. All I could remember thinking is my mom is totally hypocritical. To my understanding Christian people should not act this way. Childhood memories of endless emotional neglect. I began to cope using negative self talk, drugs, risky behavior. it was the way I survived around my narcissistic mother and emotionally distant father. I was taught to love others over myself, self esteem or self love was a sin. I was told over and over I was a sinner and the only way to eternal life was through Jesus. My life was not worth living if I didn’t love Jesus. It just never felt like the truth to me, at least not the total truth.. i felt completely powerless over my environment. When I would compare myself to what was good and bad. I always was the bad one. I was sheltered and controlled for so long I failed to learn to make choices. Good or bad. So come around 13 I totally rebelled. Doing the opposite of all my mothers request, not because it was good or bad but just to piss her off. She thought her way / her church way was ok but I don’t think it was biblical or right at all. All I really needed was unconditional love, and connection to my family no mater if I was a Christian or not. Controlling mother, not knowing how to just love. Never Praised or acknowledgment for anything outside of the Church. Her love seemed to come with strings attached. Submit to government authority/ church , fear the lord, and never question your masters. Whatever wacky trend was going around my moms church she tried on her kids. We had the leather strap, no tv, no Halloween, no music except Christian music and oldies. At a young age I remember having a fear of heaven. I was Super scared to hear I was going to die and go to heaven or hell. Hell didn’t scare me, so why did heaven? Was it possible because my mom would be there? Or was it this idea of death I didn’t understand? I was super young like 4 or 5. I also remember my mom telling me my ranking as a child in the family. Well 1st Comes God/ church , 2nd. Husband, 3rd is kids. It Felt wrong!! Like betrayal. Ya, I felt betrayed my mom failed to teach me real life skills. How to choose? How to trust myself? How to be happy. I never had a safe home . yelling, fighting, multi generational disfunction going on in my family. Every truth was hidden, my voice silenced. Lots of manipulation and emotional abuse was accepted in the name of the church or god. I had to ignore all my real pain and truth. I had too, just to be accepted and loved. My mother was unable to show unconditional support when it came to me finding myself. I struggled to find relationship to my family, I had trouble understanding how a mother could act this way. With no other reality to compare it to I just accepted it. Not realizing all the damage caused and what my future held. No authenticity everything around me was fake. I feel my mom used religion as a justification to judge or control. Like some kind of advocate of Christ. In actuality it just did lots of damage to my child self and carried on into adulthood. I just remember feeling so worthless like my life had no value. I was a constant burden emotionally. with my moms expectations being so wild . Nothing felt genuine or real. I started to distrust my mom and dads ideas and beliefs around age 9. There life value didn’t make sense to me. My mom would describe heaven to me like this wonderful place but all I could think is “if it is anywhere like this home, I don’t want to go”. I just feel like my mom was a really bad spokes women for Christ. On the outside the family looked perfect. Clean, organized, and all put together But on the inside. Holy crap!!! It’s a huge cover up! Like I noticed really young that you have no voice and what U say and feel has no value. Unless your gonna talk about god all day!! Even then, my mom would make sure you where not heard. So at one point in my life I did try all the services at church. Not realizing that the place was a cult. My mom even tried to control my personal spiritual journey with God. If I’m a real Christian I should do xyz. she would always come from a place of judgment and ridicule. Every sin was called out and used to control me.and bring me down. In the name of God of course. This Christmas 2021 I got pretty pissed at my family. My brother who is a admitted child molester wanted to come over for New Years! My daughter lives with me, my mother, father, grandpa. Obviously I don’t want my brother having access to my daughter. So without consulting me he comes over. Like wake the hell up!!! I hate Christmas, and I really don’t give a crap about baby Jesus!!!! Sorry to any real Christians out there. So as you can see my mother has no concern about reality. Let all get together and be fake. The safety of children doesn’t really concern her I guess.

Date: May 03, 2023 05:42AM

It's true. I attended a John MacArthur church plant (City Bible Church) a while ago and later found out that the people there were practicing black magic. Other churches in Sacramento connected to occult societies include Arcade Church, Church of Christ, Chinese Grace Community Church, any church associated with CBC Vallejo and most likely its seminary by the same name. I was cursed and poisoned while attending City Bible and it was only through God's grace that I'm still alive to write this.

Arcade Church runs a biblical counseling ministry and even trains biblical counselors while practicing occult magic behind the scenes.

Some signs of a false church that believers might want to heed: authoritarian pastors, elders not holding pastors accountable for abusive tactics and behavior, the overemphasis on "grace and forgiveness" towards people who violate personal/sexual boundaries when you report them to elders, members who are worldly and unconcerned with living out the Word as Jesus taught us to, pagan/astrological objects in people's homes and cars, the blatant twisting of Scripture by pastors to enforce their views, overly prideful leaders, pastors, elders, worldly elders and pastors who are overly concerned with money and pleasures rather than living out God's commandments.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2023 05:50AM by lookingfortruechurch.

Current Page: 36 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.