Current Page: 2 of 4
Potter's House / The Door
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 17, 2006 02:32AM

I receive constant complaints about the churches under Mitchell.

Does your church have an independently audited financial statement that details all salaries, compensation and expenses, which is published and distributed to church members?

Is there a democratically elected board at your church elected by all the members that can discipline and if decided upon, fire the pastor?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: VCCF ()
Date: August 17, 2006 02:57AM

To answer your first question yes. We get a breakdown every year as to where all funds go and to answer your second question, I honestly dont know.
But I only posted to say, some churches may be bad, I have yet to see them, but could very well be true, but I havent seen it in mine, thats all.
If any of the things happened in my church that I read while on here, then I wouldnt go.I dont know who would.

Date: August 17, 2006 03:14AM

"Breakdown"?

Is that an independently audited published annual report?

What is your pastor's salary and the amount of the annual church budget?

If after four years you don't know if your church has a democratically elected board elected by the membership, that can discipline and if needed fire your pastor, than it doesn't have one.

That means, just like the pastors in other CFC churches, your pastor has no meaningful accountability.

Posted by: naboth675 ()
Date: September 02, 2006 12:28AM

The term 'breakdown' is commonly used in C.F.M circles. In fact what it usualy comes down to is a quickie report often covering no more than several lines giving the most bare bones summary of church income and expenditue over the previous twelve months.

A few months ago I recieved a complaint from a board member of creative accounting practiced used by the pastor. This was one of the largest churches in the states.

I've seen one of these bare bones reports from Prescott. They had several hundred thousand dollars onto local evangelism. Anyone who knows anything about how C.F.M operates knows that this kind of money is never spent on local evangelism. The local scene is supported almost entirely by voluntary workers from the congregation. There is no accounting that I have seen which shows how exactly this money was spent.

Most church pastors either run the accounts themselves or get their wifes to do it. Many of these women have no formal financial qualification and I know of a case where there was a qualified accountant in the congregation but the pastor let his wife deal with it instead.

As for the congregation actually holding the pastor to account financially and having any say in how the money is spent I have heard sermons where such a view is mocked to scorn and made abundantly clear that those who think that way are undermining the God given authority of the pastor.

Despite this people actually doubt that there is financial corruption in this group. It's like leaving the rabbit hutch open while the wolves prowl around outside.

regards...naboth675

[www.habakkuk2-4.com]

Posted by: Nick Sayers ()
Date: November 09, 2006 08:04PM

I am a current member of the Potter's House and will answer any question to the best of my ability. I believe that CFM is not a cult.

Nick.

Date: November 09, 2006 09:32PM

What is the salary of your pastor and his total compensation?

What amount of money annually does your church give to the church that sent your pastor out?

What is Wayman Mitchell's salary and total compensation annually?

Can you send a copy of the published budgets that disclose this information?

Posted by: nitedork ()
Date: November 10, 2006 01:15AM

rrmod, i will go digging thru the records and pull up the financials for mitchell as reported to the state of arizona.

i'll be back.................

Date: November 10, 2006 03:35AM

My point in asking this question is to see what information this person has, and how it is communicated.

The overwhelming majority of Protestant churches have financial reports and the members know specifically how the money is spent, i.e. salaries, compensation and expenses.

There should be a published detailed annual report, to have meaningful transparency.

The govenment requirements for financial disclosure from churches is actually often quite minimal.

Posted by: nitedork ()
Date: November 10, 2006 04:37AM

you'd be surprised what can be gleened from those reports.

but i know where yer comin' from in asking the question

Posted by: Nick Sayers ()
Date: November 10, 2006 04:50AM

I am a current member of the Potter's House and will answer any question to the best of my ability. I believe that CFM is not a cult.

Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.