Current Page: 44 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: July 13, 2008 01:47AM

BraveHeart
Thanks Nicole for sharing your story. I pray that the spiritual wounds heal quickly and that you can help rescue more.

Thanks BraveHeart,

I have so many stories. I don't even know where to begin. I will say this. When I left Radiant Life Church, I was glad to be free of the place but I was extremely angry. I couldn't even hear names of leaders there or see their faces with out getting tense and angry. Obviously I needed to handle my anger much better, because the only person that it affected was me. I am still young but I might have had a heart attack. ( semi-joking )
Then I started to search for other churches. In my search I found that I was quite arrogant and thought much to highly of myself, thinking things like " I wonder if the elder of this church even knows what a Prophetic word is" or "these people aren't Spiritual enough", etc. It stems from the thought process that RLC indeed is the only place that God shows up to. It is a wrong thought, but I had to fight these thoughts off. I know it is not just me because I would hear people say stuff like " it would be torture to leave this place" " Those other churches just don't have the spirit there." Some people might read this and say well how is that the fault of RLC or the leadership. Well good question. I heard all of those comment from leadership.
Matt Michalak hit the nail on the head when he said this is confusing as hell. Seriously I still think to myself "was it really that bad?" Then I think about all my stories and everything I have observed and I remember, Yes it was. (and probably still is) Here is the thing; I had some GREAT times at RLC and I was holding out hope that the Leadership would repent, I wanted nothing more than to continue in the ministry that I served in and loved, to see the people, that I still love by the way, to stop doing all the stuff they were and stop looking at scripture through the eyes of Tony, to see RLC become an active member of Unity among the Churches of Sacramento...I kept waiting and waiting... eventually I couldn't take the waiting anymore. I needed to become a part of something that is more like the Church that God wants.

By the way when I say that the leadership needs to repent, I don't mean to just go to individual homes blow smoke about how you know it is wrong and you are wokring on reversing the situation, then go about doing things as you were. I mean stopping the nonsense from the place it started...The pulpit, no blanket apologies. Does anybody else remember the FNW that was dedicated to introduceing "spiritual Parenting"? Tony introduced this concept and had a question and answer time. Why not have a night dedicated to start fresh, to commit to turning from the ways of the last 5 or so years and start from the start. Start fresh. It is OKAY TO BE WRONG. Just don't admit it and continue to do it!!

With much love and hope for the future,
Nicole Bianchini

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: July 13, 2008 08:15AM

Nicole, your last post was outstanding and very helpful to me. I felt the same things. I actually asked a pastor one time if anyone at Radiant Life ever died (physically). Other churches I have gone to spoke about the sick, actively went to visit, came together at funerals. I thought Radiant Life was this perfect place and everywhere else did not have a clue. I disdained the Catholics I knew because they were wrong yet they have a role model in Mother Theresa that I have seen no where else. As I got deeper at Radiant Life and saw the phonyness I was seeing that alot of my catholic friends were genuine. They had compassion, they cared, they would give me the shirt off my back but they didn't put on the big spiritual show that the people I came to know at Radiant Life would do. Radint Life as great disunity with the churches in Sacramento. I believe that Tony puposefully cuts himself off to maintain control. I can remember Southpointe Christian Center down the street on Stockton trying to do things with them and the leadership making a big ordeal like they were to good or something. I know that is vague but it is what I saw. And Nicole, it really was that bad for me. Yes I thought it was good and i was truly freed spiritually at one time but it wasn't lasting, it was being caught up in the moment. Instead of Pastor Tony being so arrogant about the City being saved why doesn't he save his block and maybe the city will come a block at a time. In my years and experience at Radiant Life Church, I have heard Tony preach so much about the city being saved, about the homeless,destitute, but seeriously I have never seen him active in that process coming down to the people unless it furthered his own motives. The whole numbers game at the church is a big joke. It is arrogant, boastful, and obnoxious. Is it good to celebrated when one is saved----Absolutely. But leaders where on the phone almost immediately after outreaches phoning in numbers to Brandon for the tally of how great and riteous the ministry was. The leaders should have been with the people instead of feeding into the Brandon ego. I don't care how many consecutive sundays people made an impulsive response to the gospel and probably couldn't maintain it (and yes tony always had a speech about this). If the church down the street had only 5 people all year and they truly were saved and lived it out then that is better than 10,000 who say they are saved but aren't. Don't know if I am making sense just not into the phoniness of it all. It is like old George that Pastor Tony made a big deal out of. He was sitting outside of Dollar Tree giving people the message. Pastor Tony didn't tell you that George couldn't be responsible and right in the group home he was living in. Pastor tony didn't tell you that they were complaining because he was harrassing people there. Pastor tony used this man like he has used everyone else to further his own motives and to manipulate and control the mind of the body at Radiant Life.

Nicole, do no feel you are alone with the feelings that you expressed. I share those same feelings. I had anger over all of the leaders there especially tony and brandon. I tried to talk to brandon but always got a total lack of personal responsibility and accoutability. it was like he was living in fear. That maybe he agreed with me but was so afraid he couldn't say anything. This is not a good position for an assocate pastor to be in. I just never felt i could lay my cards on the table and have any kind of meaningful dialogue with anyone who was sold out on the Radiant Life cult or whatever you want to call it. A matter of fact I laid my cards out on the table and spoke my feelings a few times and was met with non responses, almost like we can't talk about that.

Anyway Nicole. I just wanted to let you know that your father is an outstanding man. I hope that he is doing well. I know that what he saw happen with Brittany literally tore his heart. He cares about her and I hope as you say that is all reconciling now. That is it for now. I will post more as I think about stuff.

I challenge more leaders to come forward even if it is anonymously. Your leadership has destroyed peoples lives and they are just now trying to get it back together. If you leaders and members at Radiant Life are so riteos and you love God so much, does it not grieve you that people like myself have been driven away from God because of you or do you buy into the Tony teaching that there will be casualties. Sorry, these casualties are not from stray bullets and they are not from friendly fire. These casualties are from your destructiveness and cultish practices.

Date: July 13, 2008 09:14AM

WAJ-

I am glad you found my post helpful. That is the only hope that I have in participating in this forum. I am sorry for whatever it is that you have gone through as a result of your affiliation at RLC. I hope that you can find a fellowship that you can grow in, if you have not already. Every church has it's issues, RLC goes far beyond your basic issues. My biggest concern for the "escapees" is that they will escape into nothing. I have run into ex-members and seen the bitterness in them, I understand, but I hope for more for them. We really do have an amazing God.
I hope to continue to be of use to anyone who comes to this forum looking for understanding and relief from any issues they may have.

I would also like to tell you WAJ, that it has been a blessing for my father and mother to hear the nice things that you have to say about my dad. I am really glad that you have said those things in a public forum as well. My dad and I are serving in youth ministry at our new church and it is so good to see him working alongside of the youth, something that he thrives in.

With hope,

Nicole

P.S. In one of my first post I said that I left in July 2008, it was in 2007.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: July 13, 2008 09:18AM

WAJ that last post was powerful and bruttely honest thanks for sharing..
part of me feels like showing up at the GAP tonight just to see how Tony is handeling the real truth being exposed here on this web site.

it is to bad the elders are so much part of the false teaching and minipulation even if they could remove Tony as the pastor. you would need to remove the entire board of elders, decons and staff removed before restoring this church

Date: July 13, 2008 09:32AM

BraveHeart
WAJ that last post was powerful and bruttely honest thanks for sharing..
part of me feels like showing up at the GAP tonight just to see how Tony is handeling the real truth being exposed here on this web site.

it is to bad the elders are so much part of the false teaching and minipulation even if they could remove Tony as the pastor. you would need to remove the entire board of elders, decons and staff removed before restoring this church

Braveheart-

Here is my feeling on how Tony handles all this, and honestly this is part of what really grieves me... I think he could care less. It really really hurts me to know that by not addressing the issues at hand, him and staff care less...I breaks my heart. I am on the verge of tears thinking about it.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: July 13, 2008 11:34AM

yeah Nichole there is a part of me that still hopes for the best but I think your right. Tonys arrogants is what isolates him from the common people who I believe would have help Tony to become humble.
The gathering of insecure men to become elders was simply a stratigy that Tony uses to find people he can manipulate.

WAJ you brought up the numbers game. where the outreaches were phoning in numbers to Brandon for the tally of how great and riteous the ministry was. The leaders should have been with the people instead of feeding into the Brandon ego. I think back at the time we went over to the Philipines. when we got back it was a party look at us look what we did! what ever happened to the pastors we meet there because I keep hearing preach about relationships. What happened in Angelos City when Tony stood there and yelled indirectly at the pastor hosting us there.

Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: July 13, 2008 02:45PM

Braveheart: I know what you mean. Pastor Wally was being very hospitable to Tony and RLC visitors and Tony disdained Wally and treated him like dirt, because Tony had to have all of the control. This issue of CONTROL is, in my opinion, the big one. He will not allow anyone to think for themselves! Nicole, it is awesome to hear from you! The last time I talked to you was when you visited our apartment, and I think I had actually mentioned this forum to you (last year?). Anyway, thanks for being brave and telling your story. It is so hard for people at RLC to "Escape" as you have. The encouragement here for this forum is that there is actually hope for those who can manage to get out.

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: July 13, 2008 03:52PM

Braveheart, I am not sure who you are but would love to know. Why? Cuz we seem to share a lot in common. I too have a lot of insight to the Philippines because of how STRONGLY connected I was with Tony on that trip. I heard and experienced things personally from him that would worry a lot of you. I do know this.... There is another side to the story of why we have not returned, I will just say that is all in the same vain as the typical "control" issue stuff. I know from some of the sources that are directly associated with the Philippines. I was told by Tony that we would not return because the Philippines did not "receive us"----meaning the Apostolic vision essentially. What it really was is that the pastors and Elders of the city in the Batangas did not agree wholly with Tony and the vision. They felt it was not the only way and that he was being controlling. On the other hand, my heart has not left the Philippines and I have longed to return to be a support to the church there and to fulfill a promise we made to return. So I am personally going back there in October with two others. This is a "personal" en devour. Not a part of any church, but to support my brothers and sisters there that I love. I NEVER felt like I had the freedom to do this until this last year. I was always worried about being a "WENT ONE" not a "SENT ONE". To all who don't know what I am talking about, this is a teaching that is made up but not supported anywhere in scripture. If you choose to go out on your own, you are a went one who ultimately will not have Gods favor or blessing. But if you "submit" and wait for Tony to send you out, than you are a sent one and ultimately will be "covered" by God and will prosper. CRAZY huh? Anyhow, I guess I am a Went One and am proud of it. BTW: God is pleased with me and is covering me. I am prospering more now than I have ever prospered. Family, Marriage, Finances and Job and best of all.....PEACE! I have PEACE! Oh what a relief it is:)

On another note:

I dont know of even one promise that has ever been fulfilled from that vein of leadership. What has ever happened to the promise of building an orphanage in Bilogo, Philippines on all of that acreage that Pastor Wally gave RLC? On top of all of that, 100,000.00 was given for that project? Where is the money now. Where are the promises? How about Africa? What happened to that steam? People I know that were excited about going to AFrica have felt really let down. It seems that false hope of new vision and adventure never pan out. Soma is falling apart, going from 3 years to 2 years now. Soma AD which I was in for 1.5 years went from a one 4 hour teaching once a month to once every 3 months with no more personal interaction with Tony. That was also promised yet we were still being charged the same amount of money. Answer that one for me.

All of this is to say that God will have his way. HE is faithful and holds to His promises that I am sure sure. I am not worried nor will waste my time on being worried about what will come of RLC. It is but a "spec" on this whole planet. All of you reading this can accomplish much more with such a big God. I personally would love to have answers. But then again, maybe not. What would it really accomplish for me? I just want to move on and know my God and help be a support to others struggling.

ALL of you who have posted recently have been a big support to so many. Thank you for being exposed and NOT ASHAMED to say who you are.. Nichole, thank you for sharing. It really means a lot to so many. Probably more than you know. This site has become a great resource of healing for people. Lets get the word out that good things are happening on this forum. Encourage people to check it out. Well, I am tired and going to bed.

Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: July 13, 2008 04:04PM

Whoa! You mentioned the 100K that was given by the congregation to build an orphanage... but where is this money? I forgot all about that, it has been a few years. I wonder who kept that cash and why the orphans are not being cared for? I am excited that so much information has been coming out, it has completely encouraged me and confirmed much of what I already knew. Thanks Ryan.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: July 18, 2008 03:51AM

what the heck, they let you back SpeakTruth???? If so, welcome back. The thread has progressed significantly since you left. Hope all is well with you.

Current Page: 44 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.