Current Page: 43 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Abused ()
Date: July 10, 2008 06:51AM

I got a call this morning from a friend who has been posting here who asked me if I have been keeping up with this web site and the conversations about Radiant Life? I really don't have time for what is going on at Radiant Life as I have more important things to do in my life. My family and I are attending Grace Comunnity Church in Elk Grove.
My new job I am an OTR Over The Road truckdriver. I pulled into a Flying J truckstop to use a computers to go online and check out all the recent postings my friend has been talking about.

Wow! it took me quite a long time and about $18 to read truough all the postings from last year!

Transparent and TMAC thanks for keeping it real! Welcome What a Joke, Braveheart, Ring Barer & Daja Vu. and sorry if I missed acouple of others.

All I have to say I said in the past so I encourage you to go back and re-read all my postings. then fill in the blanks. I owned Plantation Coffee and I was discipled by Greg Huth a very dangerous elder who worships Tony!

I will be happy to share my story. untill then
God Bless
Dan Davis aka ABUSED

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: July 10, 2008 07:49AM

Ryan and Matt--- Thanks for stepping up! You both were in leadership and SOMA dudes and it is honorable and the right thing to work at making this right. I know just from your two posts that it has helped me immensely. More later but that is it for now.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: July 11, 2008 12:01AM

Thanks Matt & Ryan for validating the clames of manipulation and spiritual abuse at Radiant Life Church.

What I continue to see and continues to go unchecked is Tony will deligate authority and responsibility to individuals in a way to distance himself from having responsibility! This is an example of Tony's wreckless leadership. If sombody on staff does not preform to Tony's standards, Tony can quickly cut the ties and shift the blame and responsibility to one who screwed up.
Matt and Ryan you guys were used like pawns expendible to futher Tony's agenda. I have seen how Tonys irresponsibility has hurt so many people. and he prances arround like some premadona busidt monk with out the robe.

may the church wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: July 11, 2008 12:34AM

TO MATT AND RYAN!! Been a long time folkz.... Thanks for stepping up the way you did... you know you gets nothing but rezpect from me for doing that!!!

People have been thru crap because of alot of bad teachings and things under the rug from the leadership at RLC... I don't go there and haven't for a time now... it got old... the crap was all over the place... So thankx for keeping it real..... I been thru alot of crap... all i have is my story to tell.... I'll probably continue to do that thru song or something.... it's due time... still stuck in these ashes... burned out with life... and people in general!!!!

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: July 11, 2008 01:11AM

Well Braveheart you said it… I was manipulated and used to further the agenda… I guess Tony did not count on my brain catching up with me; I have to think he thought that I would be a “lifer” with some of the “access” he gave me and the things he shared with me… I know the same is true for Ryan.

The deal is that RLC and the big vision is falling apart, Tony has even begun to look at Brandon as a problem… there are two things that facilitate people leaving a brainwashing cult, the first is distance… if there can be some, even a little, distance created where the person is not so inundated with propaganda the mind will start to try to think on its own… the fact is that if you control what goes into the mind you control the mind, hence Friday night worship, the gap, Sunday morning, all the ministry during the week, soma, etc… the second thing is offence. When there is an offence mixed with a little distance the mind will begin to think and the person will allow themselves to question the nobility of what they have been taught … this is where the break in the cycle comes and the person questions more and more and more… now its not so bad to “think for yourself”… as the corrupt false teaching directed us not to do, thinking for yourself what a sinful thing to do, you might just turn leprous if you have a brain and don’t let people tell you what to do and think….

As for Brandon I know that he has created a tiny bit of distance… if he only knew how Tony has thrown him under the bus he might just start to let himself think enough to realize that he is part of an atrocity to the faith…. Brandon is my cousin and as much as I despise what he is, has been about and the system that he is in… I long for the day that guy stands up and publicly acknowledges his part and how wrong it is… I have already had several straight up conversations with him, and some of you would not believe what he has admitted to me, how he knows its wrong… but that’s way too much info to write right now…

I am determined to right my wrongs by telling my story, as you guys tell yours, I think we can lead a lot of people out of this place… hell, most everyone there is miserable anyway.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: July 12, 2008 12:05AM

Ringbarer, thank you for being so honest. For me, I have always thought the Brandon has had a cult of his own. He has tried so hard to please Tony and be at his feet that it has been disgusting. The fruit from his discipleship and teaching has rotted. I hope he can free himself up. I hope that more people like Matt, Ryan, and Nicole will step up and tell their story so that others will not be hurt.

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: July 12, 2008 02:01AM

It is so diffi(cult) to be in a place of thinking that ALL THAT YOU ARE and ALL THAT YOU OWN is attributed to the man, person or system, rather than God. I have heard countless times from Elders, Pastors and others that "all I have is because we have a great Father and Apostle of this house, Tony Cunningham. Mormons say that about Joseph Smith. We used to pray daily in thanksgiving for Joseph Smith as the "founder of the Church" and how it is because of him that we have our faith. Though I know I am not suppose to focus on that cult, I wanted to point out that it is "deja vu" all over again. The EXACT same thing is done at RLC and the "spirit" that dwells there lacks to identify that it is ALL BY GODS hand! How grieved God must feel! Even David said in:

1 Chronicles 29; vs 10-16 (NIV)

10 David praised the LORD in the presence of the whole assembly, saying,
"Praise be to you, O LORD,
God of our father Israel,
from everlasting to everlasting.
11 Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power
and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom;
you are exalted as head over all.
12 Wealth and honor come from you;
you are the ruler of all things.
In your hands are strength and power
to exalt and give strength to all.

13 Now, our God, we give you thanks,
and praise your glorious name.
14 "But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand. 15 We are aliens and strangers in your sight, as were all our forefathers. Our days on earth are like a shadow, without hope. 16 O LORD our God, as for all this abundance that we have provided for building you a temple for your Holy Name, it comes from your hand, and all of it belongs to you.

My point is not to preach but to only bring a point across. I too Matt, believe that my brother Brandon is in a sticky spot. I do love this brother and though much was done to me from his leading, he has done it all in ignorance as well. I know he never meant it to harm me or anyone else. I hold no resentment towards him. I can understand where he is at. I know he has a zeal for Gods kingdom, but his eyes have become “bad” only because of manipulative “strokes” of religion. I only wish he REALLY new what is said about him behind his back by the same hand that feeds him. It used to grieve me to hear the things that were said about him, knowing he was always trying so hard to please Tony. My prayer as yours Matt is that he will be Bold enough to do what is right when God reveals truth. He is a pillar in that Church and when that pillar is removed, I believe it will be hard for it to stand.

To all others: if you are reading this forum, we are really only trying to provide a common ground for all of you who are struggling with the same fears of choosing to hear God clearly. We are here to help.

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: July 12, 2008 02:37AM

I was just outside praying shortly ago and felt so much grief and sorrow in me in regards to the seed of Religion. I felt sick to my stomach actually. I have spoken with so many people from RLC over the last 2 years and the same theme was expressed. It was confusion and the feeling like they don’t have a purpose of their own. It reminds me of a situation I had in our school of ministry at RLC called SOMA. It happened I believe in my 3rd year Spiritual Counseling class.

We were encouraged to counsel two people. I was picked to counsel two Elders wives. I will not mention names due to not having their permission. Anyhow, I found this session to be futile, so I plainly asked one of them in the privacy of one room, “Putting aside your submission to your husband, your obedience to Tony and the hindrance of money, what lives in you and what would you want to do if those things were not there?” She replied with a gasp. “Know one ever has given me the freedom to answer that.” The blood rushed to her face and she began to cry. She then began to tell me of her dreams and what she would love to do. After that, I left the room ticked off and counseled the second wife and the exact story happened. This led me to begin this process of getting to the heart of people at RLC over the next two years. What an oppressive spirit! People are sleep walking there. It’s like they are totally not cognitive of what is going on around them but only going through the motions. God gave me a purpose and that is to be a son of God. He also has a function of that purpose designed specifically for me. Now I am free to experience it.

My hope is to help others “wake” up. God is jealous for his people.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: July 12, 2008 04:24AM

I thought I would post this over here as well.

Dear whatajoke,

I am probably not who you think I am...As for my Father, yes he is a Godly man! His counsel, as well as my Godly mothers counsel, kept me from entering into any spiritual parenting relationships. I was being pulled one way by my discipler and the other way from my parents. Considering that my parents are the ones who have loved me and cared for me since the day I was born, and their counsel was always in favor of my well being, I decided to continue to listen to them. I also felt the holy spirit giving me peace with that decision.

I was told my discipler that I need to hurry up and enter into a "parenting relationship" before I get married because if I am in that relationship before I get married, my husband whoever he may be, will have to accept the relationship because I came into the marriage with it. She then preceded to tell me that she was upset about her husband not letting her enter into a parenting relationship with Tony. The first thing I thought was , wow her husband is a smart and honorable man.

I will end the rest of the message with this. I served on Sunday morning worship teams for a total of 3 1/2 years. I started to feel that being in front as I was, that I was representing everything that was going on at RLC and that among other things was NOT what I wanted. When I realized that there was no way I would invite anyone I loved to a service at RLC and that I had cut off any communication with most people there because I couldn't handle the robotic responses and arrogant attitudes, I knew it was time to go because going to church is about fellowship and service. I was not participating in a healthy fellowship. I wanted out for 1 year. I was finally released by God to leave in July 2008. I am in a wonderful fellowship and have met new people, with whom I am glad to call friends.

-Nicole

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: July 12, 2008 09:30PM

Thanks Nicole for sharing your story. I pray that the spiritual wounds heal quickly and that you can help rescue more.

Current Page: 43 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.