Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: April 01, 2011 08:23AM

its obvious that Mike and Tony still share something in common, that being a hard heart!
It's very similar to the hardness of heart that Pharaoh went through.

Guys repent of your false teachings, repent for calling yourselves apostles and prophets or even pastors.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 01, 2011 08:38AM

DoD:

Ken and Jean Hale had their own church that I visited upon coming to Washington in 1994. It was a good and solid church. They are solid Christians and are humble people with much Christan fruit and values. Your comment on him being a joke as a pastor is uncalled for and spiteful.

Posted by: WonderingNow ()
Date: April 01, 2011 11:42PM

Roy Anderson is the interim pastor while they search for a new pastor. He is affiliated with Casey Treat's church and is also a registered counselor. I believe he is the guy who did marriage counseling for Mike and Cyndi. Would be AWESOME if TP actually called a pastor from out of a reputable, god-centered, Biblically truthful seminary where men are trained to preach the TRUE word of God where God is the central character and not us. Ken Hale used to be a pastor.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: April 02, 2011 01:01AM

If you go back and read your bible all the warnings to the churches is directed to the false teachings and false teachers that are from within the church! read Ephesians, Galatians, Jude, Revelation chapters 1-3, 2nd Peter address this problem!
I believe the church today is sick, her health is rapidly failing as viruses and pestilence keep infesting the church. If a pastor can not openly talk and discuss these issues and deal with it according to the word of God then this person should be removed from the pulpit immediately!

Calvin, after speaking with you you know who I am I don't cair one bit about the latest youth program or the latest sermon series I want to know if you deserve to be a pastor? Are you willing to preach the word of God? Demonstrating you know how to open up a book like 1 & 2 Peter and preach breaking the passage down that would be "exegesis" and practicing good hermeneutics??? don't run to your computer and download some sermon series for $29.95! or be like Rob Bell posing like he is Christian when his theology is unorthodox and very anti biblical!
Pastor or a Wolf?
Christian believer get back into the gospel!! Know the words of God, don't let false teachers ever have a chance to get in and sew their decepticon!

BraveHeart

Date: April 02, 2011 06:06AM

Wondering Now:

If Pastor Anderson is affilidated with Casey Treat's church is he "Word of Faith Movement" also?

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: April 02, 2011 09:21AM

jesuschristismydelight
Ken and Jean Hale had their own church that I visited upon coming to Washington in 1994. It was a good and solid church. They are solid Christians and are humble people with much Christan fruit and values. Your comment on him being a joke as a pastor is uncalled for and spiteful.

With all due respect, JCIMD, how could you possibly know the solidity of the church just by visiting it? It's unknowable until you spend some time really checking things out closely. Any church--a Mormon church--can look and feel solid on the surface.

Can you tell me what the Hales' values and doctrine are? Can you tell me why they would ally themselves with false teachers and prophets and aspire to leadership in such an environment? Why wouldn't they speak out against it if they were so solid and value-replete?

Calling it like it is may not feel nice when the truth puts your friends in a negative light, but that's no reason to reject the truth. As a good friend of Ken and Jean's (which I'm assuming you are since you're willing to defend them after their obviously bad judgment in supporting the false teachers and teaching at TP), I urge you to go speak to them about why they were and are willing to get and stay behind such blatantly unbiblical teaching/teachers and practices. Why wouldn't Ken meet with DoD? A man of good values would step up to a situation like that and do what's right. I challenge you to ask them for your sake and theirs.

I have to say that your reaction to DoD reveals a blind spot in your perspective. And while I think the Hales are fortunate to have a loyal friend like you, I'm not sure your loyalty is well placed. I hope you will be careful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2011 09:24AM by LearningPoint.

Posted by: seentoomuch ()
Date: April 02, 2011 10:34AM

D of D- I appreciate your honesty. In truth, I feel the same way about Hale’s and the remainder of the leadership at TPC. I believe Ken carried over his pastoral title from his previous church. I know that Mike didn’t necessarily recognize it publicly but he did keep a record of ‘pastoral’ families that had come to the church for healing and that he considered himself able to minister to, Ken and Jean were on that list.
One thing that I have been wrestling with and sorting out is the many faces or masks of the people at TPC (including my own). I was an expert mask wearer. There were very few (if any) that really knew the depth of my hurt, confusion, and pain while I was still there. There was one moment in time that I came undone and the repercussions of letting my guard down had such significant consequences that I still haven’t recovered. It is necessary for all of them to put on the happy face, not ask questions and make others believe that everything is ‘fine’. I assure you, it is not. This is one of the reasons that my guard is up with the Hale’s. There were brief moments of clarity, support, and understanding that came from Ken and then, in the end, he succumbed to pride and position rather than standing up for truth. It makes me so sad that even now the ‘institution’ of Turning Point is more valued and protected than the people of Turning Point. I know we can’t change anything but Jeff and Kim really missed their opportunity. They could have taken those few months and been truthful. They could have exposed faulty mindsets and teaching. They could have cleared reputations. Instead they left quickly and quietly. What a mess.

Posted by: ostracizedone ()
Date: April 02, 2011 12:30PM

QUOTE"It makes me so sad that even now the ‘institution’ of Turning Point is more valued and protected than the people of Turning Point."

The members of many groups called "cults" often characterize virtually any criticism of their behavior as religious "persecution," "intolerance" and/or "bigotry."

It seems that many so-called "cults" have forgotten that the First Amendment is expansive and protects both their freedoms and the free speech of their critics. Margaret Singer once said that "The conduct of certain cults, however, especially groups that tend to overtly exploit and abuse people and engage in deceptive, unethical, and illegal conduct, does provoke the surrounding society into a critical stance."

What types of people become leaders of unsafe and/or destructive groups?

Many cult leaders seem to be narcissistic personalities often fantasizing about messianic visions that will change the course of human history, while appearing to have little if any conscience. Some make claims that they are the exclusive voice of God.

"Deprogramming is providing members with information about the cult and showing them how their own decision-making power had been taken away from them" (Cults in Our Midst, Margaret Singer, Jossey Bass Publishers, San Francisco, 1995).

Specifically, deprogramming is a process of unraveling a program of control. This control may often begin with deception and subsequently rely upon emotional and psychological manipulation. Deprogramming is actually a discussion, a dialogue offering illustrations and detailed descriptions of how people can be controlled through a process of personal manipulation. It is an educational process typically sponsored by a concerned family and/or friends, who are worried about the influence of a destructive group/leader upon someone they love and care about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2011 12:38PM by ostracizedone.

Date: April 03, 2011 12:09AM

Dear jesuschristismydelight,

I served with Ken Hale for Summer Jubilee for a couple of years. I was not impressed, actually I was appalled at his failure to use even a modicum of common sense and to listen to those who were charged with training him up and who knew more about the health department rules than he obviously did or cared to know. Quite frankly I would have thought he would have made the effort to do the job in such a way as to be in compliance with government regulations and to be a credit to the church. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

When Jeff Barnes asked Ken to meet with my husband and I with him, Ken didn't bother to show up. Jeff was surprised, we even waited to begin to see if Ken would show up, as Ken didn't call Jeff to advise he would be unable to make the meeting. I would say inconsideration of the then senior pastor in that manner is telling about Mr. Hale who was I believe at that time a Deacon.

As for interim pastors for TPC poor choices seems to be a real problem. Word of faith and ambitious men are not what that church needs.

D of D

Posted by: WonderingNow ()
Date: April 03, 2011 04:45AM

jesuschristismydelight
Wondering Now:

If Pastor Anderson is affilidated with Casey Treat's church is he "Word of Faith Movement" also?

Guilt by association? You would have to listen to his sermons or talk to him to truly know his theology. But I don't know how anyone could attend Treat's church and not be contaminated by false teachings.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.