Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Date: March 17, 2011 10:22AM

buddy
I know someone who ran in to a TP person the other day and the person seem really confused about what happen to their church . They tryed to explain the pain that alot of people went thru who left and the TP person had a look on their face of surprise. They Tp person said Jeff Barnes left them with a strong foundation. The person ask what kind of foundation and the Tp person could not come up with Jesus. The Tp person said that TPCWOC was getting help from the guy name Tony from california. The person explain That Tony was a no good for nothing.The Tp person looked surprise. They explain how Jeff had a bad anger problem when being confronted in private and they looked surprised. They explained how the consutant jeff b had come up here said that TPCWOC was a cult. The Tp person how a cow. They where really shaken about the church being called a cult. Then i was told the Tp person pull out a John Bevere book to share and the other person explain how false apostle mike got his false teaching from the book. The tp person said that they went to jakes house to see john bevere.

How many others are still confused at TPCWOC?

Buddy, Im confused. Does this mean Turning Point Church World Outreach Center (alleged cult) is CURRENTLY receiving help from Tony Cunningham in California?

Thank you in advance for clearing this up for me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: March 17, 2011 04:23PM

The person told me that they thought the TPCWOC person was just upset about being confronted about all the facts concerning TPCWOC and they just started rambling on, but who knows , the TPCWOC person said something about TPCWOC getting help from Calvin and Calvin was getting help for TPCWOC from Tony in California. TPR I don't want you confused now, we have enough people confused already at TPCWOC.

Posted by: ostracizedone ()
Date: March 17, 2011 08:48PM

Quote"I don't know Jackie and I have never read anything that would ever question her motives or her heart. What I am confused about is how did she become a pastor in the first place, most Christian churches stick to the teachings from Paul that he did not allow a woman to teach, the office of pastor and deacons was specifically for men."

1 Corinthians 14:34,35
34"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. 35And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. "

1 Timothy 2:9-15
9"In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 10But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. 11Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 15Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety."

I married this woman, but when I approached her, I did not find proof of her virginity,” 15then the girl’s father and mother shall bring proof that she was a virgin to the town elders at the gate. 16The girl’s father will say to the elders, “I gave my daughter in marriage to this man, but he dislikes her. 17Now he has slandered her and said, ‘I did not find your daughter to be a virgin.’ But here is the proof of my daughter’s virginity.” Then her parents shall display the cloth before the elders of the town, 18and the elders shall take the man and punish him. 19They shall fine him a hundred shekels of silverb and give them to the girl’s father, because this man has given an Israelite virgin a bad name. She shall continue to be his wife; he must not divorce her as long as he lives.

Deuteronomy 22
20If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, 21she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.

22If a man is found sleeping with another man’s wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel.

TPWOC
What We Believe
Our Beliefs :
That the Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God, fully authoritative for all matters of faith and practice.
2 Timothy 3:15-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2011 09:01PM by ostracizedone.

Posted by: ostracizedone ()
Date: March 17, 2011 09:59PM

1 PETER, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the exiles of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, ^2 whom God the Father has predestined and chosen, by the consecration of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with his blood: ^3 may grace and peace be multiplied to you.

Apostle means a delegate with powers, one who represents the person who has commissioned him.

Anyone know whom, if anyone, commisioned Mike?If it was not Jesus Christ,whom is Mike representing?

Date: March 20, 2011 02:41AM

If Tony Cunningham were so disposed as to come to Marysville and try and "help" out at TPC Marysville, there are those who see TPC being picketed by former members who got hurt by the cult that Tony influenced when Mike was senior pastor. I have no doubt that could and would happen. Maybe the new people do not know who Tony is, but there are enough of us who do know about his influence and role in what happened with Mike and Cyndi. Perhaps someone should get a restraining ordered to ban Tony from showing his face in Marysville, preferrably Washington State, but definetly Marysville.

D of D

Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: March 21, 2011 06:05AM

The Tp person said that TPCWOC was getting help from the guy name Tony from california. Buddy

We did some checking, and have determined that there is little possibility that Tony is "helping" at TPC Marysville. D of D received information saying the same thing but did not indicate who gave her the information, only that it was totally credible.

Saddended

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: March 21, 2011 07:38AM

All i know is what i was told, i believe the TP person who made the statement was extremely in denial. The statement about Tony was that they where getting help from the guy in California and Calvin. The person that confronted the TP person said '' Oh you mean Tony" and the TP person said yes Tony Cunningham. The person then proceded to tell the TP person what a nut case Tony was. And the TP person acted like they didn't know anything about Tonys problems down south and acted surprise. Then when told what the consultant said, the one jeff barnes had come up here, say that TP was a cult, the TP person got very upset. I do not believe Tony is coimng to Marysville. I believe the TP person was very confused and lacked information. But you never know the way things seem to happen at TPCWOC!

Date: March 21, 2011 09:19AM

The fact that folks at TPC Msvl are confused is no surprise. If you have been treated like a mushroom and kept in the dark then the chances of you having a clue about what is true and what is not true is very unlikely. Unfortunately, that is how Mike and Jeff ran their church. At the end of the day Jeff was not any better or more willing to tell the truth than Mike was -- Jeff's excuse, he was protecting people. The people of TPC needed to be protected from Jeff not by Jeff. Thank goodness Idaho came calling. Because it is a sure thing the elders and his handpicked advisory board were not going to send him packing as they should have the minute Mike left if they had any sort of clue as to what they were doing. So with that said -- it is time for the entire elder board and advisory committee to step aside because they are not capable of leading or sheherding a church any more than Mike or Jeff were.

D of D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2011 09:21AM by Daughter of Dorcas.

Date: March 21, 2011 10:24AM

Dear Calvin,

This is the third time I have posted the following questions. I am beginning to wonder about your motives as you have avoided answering any of these questions here on the forum or in private message. Please...answer the following questions. I prefer that you answer on the forum but I also know that you are still being moderated. So please post your answers here on the forum AND in a private message to myself. Thank you.

Specifically, were you ever considered "under the cover" of Turning Point Church World Outreach Center?

have you ever participated in a ceremony where you became a "spiritual child" of anyone at Turning Point World Outreach Center?

are you currently or have you ever been a "spiritual parent" to anyone in your church?

Why did you change the name of your church to "Turning Point Church - Lebanon"

go so far as to adopt the TPC logo

What was your involvement in the decision to fund Mike's move to Texas with a severance package taken from the Building fund account of TPCWOC?

Have you provided any funds to Mike and Cyndi in the past year?

What is the current status of your College: Pacific Northwest Bible College (formerly known as SOMA - Modeled after Tony Cunningham's SOMA college)?

Have you ever taught the concept of "covering" as explained in John Bevere's book, Undercover, to your leadership at Turning Point Church- Lebanon?

The recent church consultant brought in by Jeff Barnes came to the conclusion that TPC was and perhaps remains very much a cult. What is your response to this conclusion?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2011 10:26AM by TurningPointReject.

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: March 21, 2011 11:41AM

Hello, Calvin.

Since you are by association, a supporter of what has been defined as a cult by an objective outside source (a parachurch consulting ministry), it would be in your best interest to answer each of TPReject's questions directly, one at a time, in the order they were asked. You need to do this to help everyone here see whether your association should be of grave concern to us who have rejected the false teachings of Mike and Tony; or whether you were truly unwitting in your association and did not subscribe to ANY of their false doctrine; or if you're somewhere in between these extremes.

We want succinct facts, not long rambling accounts. (Jesus said, "Let your yes be yes, and your no be no.")

Once you have done so, I would like to know from you what your pastoral training has been.

Also, specifically, how you go about preparing a sermon? What is your process? What resources do you use?

Also, have you ever read the entire Bible? Do you read through it on a regular basis (yearly, every couple of years)? If not, why not?

These are not trivial questions; they are very important questions for a pastor. Yet they should be easy for you to answer without much thought.

Thank you for helping us evaluate your level of participation in Turning Point. If you are seeking to earn trust here, you will soon have it if you are honest, even if you have participated in the cult on a deep level but have realized it and are turning away from it. Don't hide any truth; bring it all into the light. If you don't it will come out sooner or later and any pseudo trust you've built will come to nothing. Repentance from being on a wrong track is what we're all about here. We've each had to do that, and we respect honest people who are in that process.

You are welcome here if you are truthful here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.