Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: dontask ()
Date: March 16, 2011 02:09PM

By the time I get around to answering this there may be a dozen of other responses but thought I could throw my limited knowledge in. There was a point in time when Cyndi, Kim, and Jackie attempted to get licensed through the Church of God. They went through the interview process and I believe all were refused (Jackie- help me out here). That instigated the separation from the CoG and forced TPC into establishing their own 501c3 (not affiliated with CoG) and allowed them the ability to commission, license, and ordain their own people. I realize that is a lot of info in order to find out how Jackie became a Pastor but that is how it went. It was never about Jackie, it was about Cyndi being allowed to become a Pastor on her terms. Now that I think about it, she may have been approved thru the CoG process but it was conditional and required taking on a CoG mentor …the details of it escape me and Jackie can better lay out the details. In the end there were several people commissioned, licensed, and ordained under the Turning Point umbrella. To all of that I can confidently say that Pastor Jackie Singer is the most qualified person to be a pastor from the remnant that we call TPCWOC. How many of you remember the ordination process of Pastor Mike Villamor where Pastor Tony came up and then called for a 7 day ceremony, bringing everyone back the following week to affirm/ confirm Pastor Mike’s ordination? It was an interesting time of honor and distraction for the people of Turning Point.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ostracizedone ()
Date: March 16, 2011 07:19PM

Turning Point Deacons

Kathryn Cantwell
Tom Cantwell
Jarrod Custer
Susie Doud
Shelley Koellmer
Judi Johnston
Kathi Rabel
Justin McMahan

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2011 07:49PM by ostracizedone.

Date: March 16, 2011 08:14PM

ostracizedone
Turning Point Deacons

Kathryn Cantwell
Tom Cantwell
Jarrod Custer
Susie Doud
Shelley Koellmer
Judi Johnston
Kathi Rabel
Justin McMahan

"Wherefore, brethren," they said, "look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business. But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word." This advice was followed, and by prayer and the laying on of hands, seven chosen men were solemnly set apart for their duties as deacons.

"God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints." 1 Corinthians 14:33. He requires that order and system be observed in the conduct of church affairs today no less than in the days of old.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2011 08:16PM by ostracizedone.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 16, 2011 09:10PM

Calvin Bontrager:

You do not have pre-approved status, which means each of your posts must be approved by a moderator.

Moderators of this board do not work 24/7, so that means there will be delays at times getting your posts through, i.e. until it is approved by a moderator.

Your idea of meeting with people that post here, many that do so anonymously, does seem just a bit strange.

If you want to discuss something you can do this easily and openly on the board.

Many of the people posting here may feel uncomfortable coming out to meet someone they don't really know. Some may feel that this may be an attempt to identify them and compromise the anonymity. That is, to pierce and privacy that this board has provided to many of its members.

Also, I don't recall you answering specific questions regarding how your church is actually run.

Please answer the following questions.

Does your church have a constitution and bylaws, which provide for a democratically elected church government?

That is, the bylaws specifically require that regular general elections be held, in which all church members vote by secret ballot, to elect board members that serve fixed terms.

Please specifically answer how and when this done.

If there is a duly elected board, can the board fire and hire staff, including pastors?

Does the board control the budget and therefore directly govern all use of church funds?

Is there a published annual budget distributed to all church donors, which discloses in detail all salaries, compensation and expenses paid out from church funds?

Is the annual church budget/financial report audited by an outside accounting firm?

If you don't answer certain questions and/or are evasive, people reading this thread can conclude that the particular safeguards or safeguard not responded to, do not exist in your church.

Date: March 16, 2011 11:02PM

TurningPointReject
Having said this, would you please tell us: .

Specifically, were you ever considered "under the cover" of Turning Point Church World Outreach Center?

have you ever participated in a ceremony where you became a "spiritual child" of anyone at Turning Point World Outreach Center?

are you currently or have you ever been a "spiritual parent" to anyone in your church?

Why did you change the name of your church to "Turning Point Church - Lebanon"

go so far as to adopt the TPC logo

What was your involvement in the decision to fund Mike's move to Texas with a severance package taken from the Building fund account of TPCWOC?

What is the current status of your College: Pacific Northwest Bible College (formerly known as SOMA - Modeled after Tony Cunningham's SOMA college)?

Have you ever taught the concept of "covering" as explained in John Bevere's book, Undercover, to your leadership at Turning Point Church- Lebanon?

The recent church consultant brought in by Jeff Barnes came to the conclusion that TPC was and perhaps remains very much a cult. What is your response to this conclusion?

Hi Calvin,

As I wont be able to be in Marysville this weekend, please, when time allows, take time to address the above questions for me.

Date: March 17, 2011 12:09AM

dontask
By the time I get around to answering this there may be a dozen of other responses but thought I could throw my limited knowledge in. There was a point in time when Cyndi, Kim, and Jackie attempted to get licensed through the Church of God. They went through the interview process and I believe all were refused (Jackie- help me out here). That instigated the separation from the CoG and forced TPC into establishing their own 501c3 (not affiliated with CoG) and allowed them the ability to commission, license, and ordain their own people. I realize that is a lot of info in order to find out how Jackie became a Pastor but that is how it went. It was never about Jackie, it was about Cyndi being allowed to become a Pastor on her terms. Now that I think about it, she may have been approved thru the CoG process but it was conditional and required taking on a CoG mentor …the details of it escape me and Jackie can better lay out the details. In the end there were several people commissioned, licensed, and ordained under the Turning Point umbrella. To all of that I can confidently say that Pastor Jackie Singer is the most qualified person to be a pastor from the remnant that we call TPCWOC. How many of you remember the ordination process of Pastor Mike Villamor where Pastor Tony came up and then called for a 7 day ceremony, bringing everyone back the following week to affirm/ confirm Pastor Mike’s ordination? It was an interesting time of honor and distraction for the people of Turning Point.

Kim was not apart of this event. just cyndi and Jackie, the CoG board wanted them two to be mentored by one of their people, before they were made pastors. soon after this Mke announced we were seperating from Chruch of God, He used property issues as the reason. could be a coiencedence could be a lie, thats the problem when you find out someone lies and never confess's . its hard to trust anything they say again. the same goes when someone is vague and evasive. its hard to trust them.

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: March 17, 2011 02:02AM

quote buddy]Dear Calvin,
Thank you for your long letter and I hope you understand the pain that some us went through, welcome to the Forum, its takes courage to come on here and share. I am sorry for my sarcasm but sometimes I think its one of my gifts! I was a little confused about your letter when you talked about UGM. Are you still in that ministry with Mike? What was your relationship with the power to produce guy who was in church of Marketplace Ministry at TPCWOC. Do you still talk to Mike? What is your connection with Bill Johnson and the Bethal Church in Redding. I notice your interest in power to produce and Bill Johnson church on your facebook. Was that put on there just to look hip with TP people or do you follow them. What kind of advice do you have about refunding the building fund to the donors? How can healing take place now that Mike and Jeff are no more? Do you think Mike or Jeff we ever amit that they led many away from the truth and try make things right with all the pain suffered from spiritual abuse. Thank you for trying to understand![/quote]

Dear Calvin, I will be in Marysville this weekend ! How about my questions

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: March 17, 2011 02:26AM

I know someone who ran in to a TP person the other day and the person seem really confused about what happen to their church . They tryed to explain the pain that alot of people went thru who left and the TP person had a look on their face of surprise. They Tp person said Jeff Barnes left them with a strong foundation. The person ask what kind of foundation and the Tp person could not come up with Jesus. The Tp person said that TPCWOC was getting help from the guy name Tony from california. The person explain That Tony was a no good for nothing.The Tp person looked surprise. They explain how Jeff had a bad anger problem when being confronted in private and they looked surprised. They explained how the consutant jeff b had come up here said that TPCWOC was a cult. The Tp person how a cow. They where really shaken about the church being called a cult. Then i was told the Tp person pull out a John Bevere book to share and the other person explain how false apostle mike got his false teaching from the book. The tp person said that they went to jakes house to see john bevere.

How many others are still confused at TPCWOC?

Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: March 17, 2011 04:29AM

buddy
I know someone who ran in to a TP person the other day and the person seem really confused about what happen to their church . They tryed to explain the pain that alot of people went thru who left and the TP person had a look on their face of surprise. They Tp person said Jeff Barnes left them with a strong foundation. The person ask what kind of foundation and the Tp person could not come up with Jesus. The Tp person said that TPCWOC was getting help from the guy name Tony from california. The person explain That Tony was a no good for nothing.The Tp person looked surprise. They explain how Jeff had a bad anger problem when being confronted in private and they looked surprised. They explained how the consutant jeff b had come up here said that TPCWOC was a cult. The Tp person how a cow. They where really shaken about the church being called a cult. Then i was told the Tp person pull out a John Bevere book to share and the other person explain how false apostle mike got his false teaching from the book. The tp person said that they went to jakes house to see john bevere.

How many others are still confused at TPCWOC?

Just about everyone! I have had the same experience. Even with people who should absolutely know better.

Saddened

Date: March 17, 2011 04:40AM

Deacons

Turning Point's deacons are men and women full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom who have been chosen to help attend to the needs of the church, in order to free up our pastors for prayer and the ministry of the word. (Acts 6:2-4,7)

Turning Point Deacons

Kathryn Cantwell
Tom Cantwell
Jarrod Custer
Susie Doud
Shelley Koellmer
Judi Johnston
Kathi Rabel
Justin McMahan

<< Acts 6 >>
New International Version

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Choosing of the Seven

1In those days when the number of disciples was increasing, the Grecian Jews among them complained against the Hebraic Jews because their widows were being overlooked in the daily distribution of food. 2So the Twelve gathered all the disciples together and said, “It would not be right for us to neglect the ministry of the word of God in order to wait on tables. 3Brothers, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them 4and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word.”

5This proposal pleased the whole group. They chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit; also Philip, Procorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas from Antioch, a convert to Judaism. 6They presented these men to the apostles, who prayed and laid their hands on them.

7So the word of God spread. The number of disciples in Jerusalem increased rapidly, and a large number of priests became obedient to the faith.

Our Beliefs
In one holy, loving, all-powerful, and gracious Creator God who exists in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Genesis 1:1, Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30, Romans 8:9

That the Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God, fully authoritative for all matters of faith and practice.
2 Timothy 3:15-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.