Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: March 09, 2011 01:11AM

Dear Calvin,
continuing from your private message
Believe me I understand there is TOO much at stake, of that, what would be the biggest priority for you, in regard's to TPCWOC? I am really curious.

I see your last two posts your having cold feet posting here on this blog.
A suggestion sir, if you spent any time reading the testimonies of people who have been hurt by the false teachings at TPCWOC or Radiant Life you would have a much more Humble and Respectable demeanor approaching the people on this blog.

People here don't need a knight in shinny armor they need someone who is;
1 Born-again Christian, meaning a repentant soul (a true believer) This is how the false teachers got into the church in the first place, leadership (Elders) let down the guard and did not test what these guys were teaching!!! And/or they were lead astray by not testing what other false teachers wee teaching!!!
2 is foundational in his faith in Jesus Christ, and the word of God.
3 a man who is about the preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In season and out of season preach the gospel Paul did not tell Timothy to do topical motivational feel good pep-talks.
4 a man that knows the difference from Exegesis and Eisegesis, and how to study God's word. Example: Hermeneutics, something that can be taught in about one hour but very few people have ever been taught in the church less than 2%.
5 honesty, integrity, love. that would be a good start.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 09, 2011 02:57AM

Calvin the way you keep saying I never met tony, sounds to me a lot like bill Clinton saying I never has sexual intercourse with that woman. I could be wrong but that’s how it feels. Bill Clinton did many things with Monica but kept bringing up what he didn’t do. I never knew Hitler, never met him, but I know all about him. Everything Mike taught and the way turningpoint church was run, came straight from Tony Cunningham. Mike and Cyndi would go to Sacramento, and when they got back the church looked like radiant life, sang the same songs as radiant life, and Mike took on the same character of Tony Cunningham. So if you were in agreement with Mike you were in agreement with Tony, That’s what were trying to find out. Do you think the pastor should get double honor, using money as the definition of honor, and free goods and services, that they be served by the members. Do you believe Mike v was an apostle and I mean the lead apostle , an apostle of apostles, that He heard from God, and mikes words were the words of God. Were you aware of his control issues, cyndi’s lack of love for most people in the fellowship, of mike and cyndi’s lies and deceptions about who they were. Do you know that Cyndi said from the stage that the reason they thught you were godly was the way you submitted so much to mike. Not to God but to mike.

Posted by: dontask ()
Date: March 09, 2011 06:36AM

I’m about to ruffle some feathers but I don’t really care. I hope to remind everyone that this particular thread is ‘TPCWOC-Tell your story”. There is a lot of focus on Tony Cunningham, and I agree he is a very bad man, but the real issue here is Mike and Cyndi Villamor, their leadership , and those affected by it. I think the point has been made really well that Tony was an influence in Mike’s life and how he led the sheep of TPC but it is on Mike and Cyndi’s shoulders alone that the current state of Turning Point Church rests. Let’s not forget that during the last 3-5 years that Mike was at the helm that he began to distance himself from Tony and RLC. Yes, SOMA came from Radiant Life and the curriculum was written and provided by Tony but I promise you that over the years it was edited and rewritten by Mike. Additionally, SOMA was renamed PNBC to completely separate the two entities. Way back there was a falling out on a mission’s trip where Mike wouldn’t/ didn’t submit to Tony as the lead apostle. That I believe was the catalyst for an independent and individualized Mike Villamor. After that, he began to really focus on the fact that TPC was not a daughter church of RLC and that he did not submit to Tony in all situations. He would say things like they didn’t crossover each other but ran parallel to each other. He clarified that they were both apostles and that it was a territorial or regional thing. So when Tony came up to Marysville it was he (Tony) that submitted to Mike and visa versa if Mike were to go to RLC (which he really didn’t go down there much in the later years). Mike even went as far to clarify publicly that TPC didn’t adopt all of Tony and Radiant Life’s beliefs. Spiritual Parenting is focused on so much here. Did you know that Mike and Cyndi renounced Spiritual Parenting a few years back, again creating an even greater chasm between Tony and Mike? Now before you get too excited about that little bit of information let me assure you that they didn’t do much better with their new proposed practice. As it was told to me, Mike and Cyndi had a very serious meeting at their house with their first tier leaders (sons and daughters in the faith) and began to both humbly (apologetically) and pridefully explain why the doctrine of people having sons and daughters in the faith wasn’t supported in scripture and that they knew how it should be done. They then explained that as it should be, they (Mike and Cyndi) were the Mother and Father of Turning Point and therefore everyone was theirs to parent. They used some scripture to prove their point and even said they felt conviction from the Holy Spirit because they believed that some of their spiritual daughters had suffered physical consequences due to practicing the former teaching. They talked about how Tony had misrepresented others with the teaching and that they would be adopting this new belief and expected their leaders to adjust to it…meaning let go of, unadopt, any spiritual children they were parenting and releasing them to Mike and Cyndi. So after this little meeting at their house, the original sons and daughters of Mike and Cyndi went out and severed those relationships and began directing everyone back to Mother and Father Villamor. I’m sure others on here (or at least some reading this) have a better recollection of how this all came about but I do remember it was pretty significant to those on the inside. Also, after the Jackie debacle, I remember Mike openly apologized to Cyndi for undermining her authority/ motherhood of the church because he had at one time called Jackie the Mother of Turning Point, referencing her heart and love for the people. He said that he felt like he had stunted the spiritual growth of TPC because he had not recognized her (Cyndi's) true position as the Mother of the church. This was done during a service, maybe at a Fan the Flame. So I hope that we can all agree that for this particular thread that Tony Cunningham is in the supporting actor role and that the Lead is being played by none other than Apostle Mike Villamor and the Prophetess Cyndi Villamor. So if we could keep the focus where it should be it might help Calvin stay focused on the issues along with the specific questions being asked instead wasting energy on debating whether or not he knew Tony.

Date: March 09, 2011 06:40AM

Well...I guess I will retract my statement about Calvin being the smartest one of the Turning Point Church World Outreach Cult. If you thought you could just waltz on to this forum and skirt around the issues and minimize your relationship with Mike and TPC without anyone calling you on the carpet then youre not too bright.

Some pretty straight questions have been asked of you. And you, thus far, seem to be a) thinking through your answers before posting, b) ignoring posters whom you dont care to answer, c) dumbfounded by the response youve received or d) dont want to answer.

I would suggest that you avoid taking your answers into the private email function and start shooting straight here on the forum. Believe me- you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by engaging in this dialogue but dont you dare think you can come here and play people for fools. It wont work.

Date: March 09, 2011 07:37AM

TPR Good Point!

Is it over for Turning Point (TPCWOC) in Marysville Washington and Radiant Life of Sacramento?

Most likely, these are corporations that should, in the court of law, pay back all the investors who invested, especially people, who shelled out cold hard currency to purchase a product like; scholarship and tuition's with (SOMA NorthWest), but the corporation never delivered!!!

That my friends calls for a class action lawsuit!!!

Date: March 09, 2011 09:19AM

dontask thanks for being direct with all that imformation. I remember that meeting at mike and cyndis. didnt know about the mother of the church stuff. but I think my only mentioning tony is to find out if calvin, who is a leader at turningpoint, is being transparent or evasive. sometimes it sounds like he doing p r which was what the leaders have been concerned with so far. my opinion (and I could be wrong) is t p has always tried to look good to the public, tried to look good to me, instead of looking good to God, the case in point. the handling of the results of going over the evidence with Jackie. all they said is we handled it wrong. which to me is evasive,and leaves all things to the imagination. like she was guilty but they handled the process wrong. or they way they treated her was wrong. but never exactly what was found. we are suppose to admit our sins to one another, not try to look good in the midst of them. we need to quit the b s . and just be honest. absolute honesty. no vague mumblings of something done wrong somewhere. can a leader who still attends turningpoint and any of its plants be absolutly honest. and trust the outcome to God.

Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: March 11, 2011 09:30AM

No one who bought into Mike and Cindy's vision of double honor (cash for them), word of faith, don't ask questions, and don't voice your opinion about anything if you are not a member of the inner circle of TPC can not be trusted. Sorry, that is just my opinion. TPCWOC either needs to go outside and get someone who is qualified to heal a troubled church with sound teachings and doctrine who is not affiliated in any way with anyone who has worked or is working in any TPC only then can their be hope to make any difference or TPC needs to close its collective doors. I am all for closing their doors and giving the donors of the Stewardship Campaign the pennies on the dollar they would get back of their total donation when all the property is sold.

Saddened

Date: March 11, 2011 09:55AM

Ah, Calvin.....where did ya go???
I was looking at your church web site....
I would suggest that you reconsider the use of Jeremiah 29:11 from the
I’m New page

i'm new
Welcome to Turning Point Church!

We are excited you are here. If you are considering calling Turning Point your church home, there is a place and purpose for you here. Jeremiah 29:11 says, " 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future' " (NIV).
Fill out our "I'm New" form and let us know you're interested in knowing more. We can't wait to hear from you!

We want you to love life, not just live life. Get started by checking out the opportunities below.

Recommended First Steps for Getting Connected:

1 Attend Class 101: Come meet our senior pastor, Calvin Bontrager, and hear the mission and vision God has given us at Turning Point. This is the first class in our Christian Life Development Series (CLDS). These classes will be offered Sunday mornings before Sunday service. The remaining classes in the series will help you discover your God-given gifts and the disciplines of the faith.

2 Begin a Discipleship Relationship: We encourage those interested in going deeper in their faith to consider a one-on-one discipleship relationship. If you identify someone whom you would like to mentor you, simply approach them and ask them to consider and pray about discipling you. If you have any questions regarding having a discipleship relationship, please contact..... (I deleted that information)

3 Begin to Serve and Continue to Learn: Turning Point is full of opportunities to serve, advancing the Kingdom of God while you connect with brothers and sisters and grow in your faith. Stop by our Get Connected Volunteer table in the Worship Center before and after service on Sunday. Check out Turning Point's Ministries to find out more about places to get connected!

What about starting with Rentance and Faith in Jesus?
Matthew 4:17 From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”

Wouldn't that be the proper foundation to build upon? Instead churches like this lure people into their church and get them serving and being an active member leading the poor person to believe because their salvation is connected to their service and good deeds. when they are not saves at all because they have never repented of their sins and trust Jesus.

Some of the false teaching that has drifted through the Christian church shows up like this,
pastors, NOT practicing good hermeneutics or exegesis.

Why don’t you take the same chapter in Jeremiah 29 and quote verses 17-19?

Thus says the LORD of hosts, 'Behold, I am sending upon them the sword, famine and pestilence, and I will make them like split-open figs that cannot be eaten due to rottenness.
'I will pursue them with the sword, with famine and with pestilence; and I will make them a terror to all the kingdoms of the earth, to be a curse and a horror and a hissing, and a reproach among all the nations where I have driven them,
because they have not listened to My words,' declares the LORD, 'which I sent to them again and again by My servants the prophets; but you did not listen,' declares the LORD.

Calvin, you might be a student from SOMA North West? Maybe that would explain why this passage is being used out of context! This is how false teachings start out, and when a church deliberately picks and chooses verses they like and they ignore verses in the same passage this is Eisegesis.

Eisegesis (is from the Greek) is the process of misinterpreting a text in such a way that it introduces one's own ideas, reading into the text. This is best understood when contrasted with exegesis. While exegesis draws out the meaning from the text, eisegesis occurs when a reader reads his/her interpretation into the text. As a result, exegesis tends to be objective when employed effectively while eisegesis is regarded as highly subjective. An individual who practices eisegesis is known as aneisegete, as someone who practices exegesis is known as an exegete.

We see this with the prosperity movement they take the Idea or belief that their god wants everybody to $prosper$. so they go the the bible and pick and chose bible verses that line up with their belief. You have offered us a great example here on your church web site.

Pastor, you have a chance to make a fresh new start, please repent of your false teaching, and get back to preaching the gospel!

If you still in the fog as to what the gospel sounds like, please check out his pastor/missionary he might be a source of encouragement with your endeavor.
I would highly encourage you to watch this video

[illbehonest.com]

thanks for your time

Posted by: Calvin Bontrager ()
Date: March 11, 2011 01:40PM

Hey brother there is absolutely noting wrong with the use of Scripture in this way.... We are not a part of the prosperity group and I will not ignore one scripture over another just because ther is a false prosperity doctrine out there.... the purpose of this page is to encourage people to know that God cares about them and loves them and the Bible clearly states that He has a plan for each of us..... I do not believe that God intends everyone to be rich and I do not hold to prosperity preaching... I actually am completely against it..... I realize there is much that could be said on an opening page of a web site but Jesus said the entire Word could be summed up in Love.... His love for us and ours for one another. Personally I will start where Jesus did and work from there. I preach repentance and righteousness all the time so for me to use this verse as an encouragement to people is completely solid.....if I was using it as a prosperity guy and followed it up with a bunch of crap about God wants you to be rich....then you would have a point but that is not who we are or what we preach...

Posted by: Calvin Bontrager ()
Date: March 11, 2011 10:33PM

I am still waiting for a reply from you Rick on where you got your statistics about the governmental structures of most churches....how do you know that? Is it verifiable? If so what is the source

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.