Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: Calvin Bontrager ()
Date: March 06, 2011 12:25PM

Oh, just a point of clarity. I have heard the name Tony Cunningham on this forum but I have never met this guy, sat under his teaching nore do I have any idea what he is about or who he is so I am not sure why he keeps being brought up....?

Who is Tony Cunningham?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 06, 2011 12:59PM

I also noticed that a lot of the elders and deacons are calvins realitives. that seems like a conflict of interest. jakes house is the same way the elders are mostly keiths family. I find this fact kinda wierd, how can they be impartial.

Date: March 06, 2011 01:16PM

You will notice that often new or small churches have the added struggle of finding qualified leadership within their membership.....this is a common problem and is why we have work hard to gain as much diversity in leadership as possible as quickly as possible.....

If congregations maintain high levels of accountability an opennes these close nit leadership circles are at times necessary for a season.....Currently the board at TPC Lebanon has been widening and we are working hard at gaining a more diverse leadership team. We have also limited the vote of a leadership family on the board to one vote per family where husband and wifeare concerned

Date: March 06, 2011 01:25PM

To respond to the conflict of interest statement you will note that a conflict of interest is described as using influence in an organization for personal gain. It s not a matter of who leads but is a ballane to assure that whoever leads leads in the best interest of those they are leading and not in an attempt to use those lead for personal gain.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 06, 2011 11:29PM

Calvin Bontrager:

You have commented about "high levels of accountability and openness..."

You also say, "We have also limited the vote of a leadership family on the board to one vote per family where husband and wife are concerned."

In most Protestant churches there is a democratically elected church government. This means that there are regular elections of a church board and/or officers. Elected board members serve for fixed terms and must stand for re-election on a regular basis as mandated by church bylaws. Ballots are cast by the general church membership, i.e. all adult members.

How is this specifically done in your church?

Typically a church board has the power to set the budget, hire and fire staff, which includes pastors.

What is the power of the board in your church?

Protestant churches also typically publish an annual budget, which discloses in detail all salaries, compensation and expenses paid out from church funds. These reports are often independently audited by an outside accounting firm.

How does your church disclose and authenticate the details of its budget?

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: March 07, 2011 12:30AM

Calvin Bontrager
buddy
Dear Calvin, I was told by Deacon Orval Bontrager the time you made your first trip up to TPCWOC with your church people that you had a church split or some kind of problem for people to leave. Could you please explain what happened, and Orval I believe said something about knowing false Apostle Mike when he worked in Edmonds. Could you explain how you fell into the deception of the false Apostle Mike and decided to be one of Mikes plant churches? At the time that you decided to be one with TPCWOC they where teaching and promoting false doctrine. Did you confront Mike about the teaching on one of his many visits to your church? Why would you model your church after TPCWOC when they practiced cultic behavior and have caused many to suffer spiritual abuse? How come three of your Elders have the same last name? How come two of your deacons have the same last name? How did you meet false Apostle Mike? Do you believe your mental state is in tact after following and naming your church after false Apostle Mikes church? Could you release all of the sermons false Apostle Mike Preached at your church. How many times did Mike visit your Church and did you ever give him double honor or treat him like King Tut? Did you ever give Mike money or gifts of any sort? Do you think TPCWOC should give the money back that they conned from everybody for the buiding fund? Do you Calvin want to be the new leader of TPCWOC? If what Orval told me is true, was that the reason you joined up with Mike because of knowing him from the past and that your church problem put you in a weak state of mind? You then fell for his delusional mind of being some kind of great Apostle who was going to lead you into the promised land? Thanks for your time, look forward to your response.

Buddy this is not the kind of question I will normally deal with because it implies that I know what everyone says however I can tell you that we have never had a church split....so I am not sure what that is about.... My brother did know Mike as a youth pastor. Typically, doctrine is a stated set of beliefs, at least when we talk about churches. WOC's doctrinal statement is and has been listed on the web site.....please specify what statement you are asking about. There is a big difference between the stated doctrine of a movement and the individual practice of an individual implementing that doctrine.... I believe your issue is with the teaching, practice and application more than the stated doctrine. Given that I have only attended less than a dozen WOC services in my life I would be rather ill equipped to talk about the supposed delusional state the church was in when I came on board. I will refer you to some of my other replys for a better understanding of our situation and how we came to WOC

I am certain that Orval said you had some kind problem with your church before you joined on to TPCWOC the day I talked to him. But he did know him as youth pastor and was that how you met Mike? Buy the way Tony Cunningham was or still is false Apostle Mikes spiritual father. The doctrine Mike was pushing was the prosperity Word- Faithmovement and the covering of the Apostle. He clearly was moving in that direction even having word-faith movement leaders in teaching positions and having false teachers preach at TPCWOC like Casey Treat, Dr.Increase, Dr.Favor etc. Mosy Word-faithmovement churches look like any church when you look at the statement on faith on there web site. I do not believe
you did not know all about the wacking teaching and Mike claiming to be an Apostle. I believe you where under the covering of him for some time.How do you feel about the doctrine of the prosperity- Word Faithmovemovement that was being taught at TPCWOC. A member of prosperity City church is on the board of your fake bible college still and Mike made it manatory for the students to go to Word -faith movement Casey Treats church for the yearly conference.People from your own church moved up here to attend the fake bible college.That college(SOMA,PNBC) was TONY Cunningham creation. . City church had a part in bringing in false prosprity doctrine to TPCWOC. Mike was the reason TPCWOC fell apart. His con-quest for fame and fortune became his GOD. That is why i have to ask you to clearly tell us if you think Mike was a wack job and do you think you a mistake by becoming one of his plant churches? And do you want to be the new leader of TPCWOC and try and save it from being no more. The leadership there has cause alot of pain and spiritual abuse that will affect people for the rest of there life. How do you feel about what Mike and others put people through by using cultic tactics to try and control people?How do you feel about all the money that went missing from the building fund at TPCWOC and should the money be given back to the donors. How come you did not check out what Mike taught and believed in before you made a very important decision to be one of Mikes plant churches? I have many more Questions. Thank you for trying to be honest, i look forward to your response!

Date: March 07, 2011 01:57AM

Calvin,

Welcome to the forum. You, perhaps, are the smartest member of the Turning Point Church World Outreach Cult. The others (Mike, Jeff, etc) refused to engage in any sort of dialogue on this forum. That was a huge mistake in judgment on their part. Thank you for choosing to join the dialogue. I would request one thing, though. I request that you refrain from seeking to distance yourself from Turning Point Church World Outreach Center and shying away from being forthcoming about the true nature of your relationship with Mike and Cyndi.

Already you have attempted to minimize the nature of your relationship with TPC by stating it was primarily a "voluntary association" fostered through a relationship with Jeff Moors. And yet, you went so far as to come under the umbrella of Turning Point Church world outreach; you changed the name of your church to reflect that alignment; you changed the structure and the nature of your board to mirror that of TPCWOC; you were one of the board members of Mike's United Global Ministries; and you also were involved with SOMA/Pacific Northwest Bible College as their President.
Please do not come on here and attempt to minimize your association with TPC or with Mike Villamor.

Having said this, would you please tell us:

the nature of your relationship with Mike Villamor,

the exact nature of your relationship with Turning Point Church World Outreach Center,

the exact nature of your relationship with Pacific Northwest Bible College.

Specifically, were you ever considered "under the cover" of Turning Point Church World Outreach Center?

have you ever participated in a ceremony where you became a "spiritual child" of anyone at Turning Point World Outreach Center?

are you currently or have you ever been a "spiritual parent" to anyone in your church?

Why did you change the name of your church to "Turning Point Church - Lebanon"

go so far as to adopt the TPC logo;

What was your involvement with TPCs decision to publicly accuse Jackie Singer of theft?

What was your involvement with the dissolution of United Global Ministries?

What was your involvement in the decision to fund Mike's move to Texas with a severance package taken from the Building fund account of TPCWOC?

What is the current status of your College: Pacific Northwest Bible College (formerly known as SOMA - Modeled after Tony Cunningham's SOMA college)?

Have you ever taught the concept of "covering" as explained in John Bevere's book, Undercover, to your leadership at Turning Point Church- Lebanon?

The recent church consultant brought in by Jeff Barnes came to the conclusion that TPC was and perhaps remains very much a cult. What is your response to this conclusion?

You recently received your doctorate. Would you mind telling us which institution of higher education bestowed this doctorate upon you and what field of study this doctorate covers.

Date: March 07, 2011 02:30AM

on this site under destructive churchs the same listing turningpoint church is under is radiant life thousands of post about tony cunningham. tony made mike an apostle, turningpoint church copied the way radiant life ran, they practiced spirirtul parenting ,, taught by tony, and double honor being gifts and money and services, iniatiated by tony, If calvin doesnt know who tony (the founder of soma) even though mike tried to take ownership himself. the Calvin is in no position to fix anything

Date: March 07, 2011 02:57AM

Calvin:

Does your church teach "The Faih Movement" and "Possibity Thinking/Possitive Confession" Movement"?

Posted by: ostracizedone ()
Date: March 07, 2011 03:54AM

The gift of God - That which he has "given," or conferred as a favor. The idea was absurd that what God himself gave as a sovereign could be purchased. It was "impious" to think of attempting to buy with worthless gold what was of so inestimable value. The "gift of God" here means the extraordinary influences of the Holy Spirit, Acts 10:45; Acts 11:17. How can we pay a "price" to God? All that "we" can give, the silver, and the gold, and the cattle on a thousand hills, belong to him already. We have "nothing" which we can present for his favors. And yet there are many who seek to "purchase" the favor of God. Some do it by alms and prayers; some by penance and fasting; some by attempting to make their own hearts better, and by self-righteousness; and some by penitence and tears. All these will not "purchase" his favor. Salvation, like every other blessing, will be "his gift"; and if ever received, we must be willing to accept it on his own terms; at his own time; in his own way. We are without merit; and if saved, it will be by the sovereign grace of God.

It is funny,as soon as I received salvation as my "GIFT" from God the immediate challenges that came were all from TPWOC woman,basically "accusing" God of saving me only because of my marriage! Interestingly enough that would lead me to believe that they are not,possibly have never been nor will ever be saved due to the fact that they think they could do a better job of doing GOD'S work than GOD himself! Dangerous stuff! Dangerous people! Thank God Barnes told me how long and strong the battle would be ! I wonder why he did not warn me who it would be with?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.