Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Date: October 11, 2010 11:31AM

Make sure you join the page...and continue your worship and adoration

James Nelson
To all of Pastor Mike's TRUE friends...I would like to start a "Friends of Pastor Mike" appreciation page...He was always there for me and countless others, and he has been wrongfully accused by some very jaded people and it turns my stomach. In actuality, I doubt whether his accusers are even believers...at least not ...Godly believers (even the devil believes) One thing is certain, his accusers will give an account before God one day...I pray those people repent and stop what they are doing for their own sakes...ok enuf of that outta me, I hope some of you will express interest in what I am proposing. God bless you all! J.
(Hope this is ok with you Mike, it had to be said!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2010 11:34AM by TurningPointReject.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 11, 2010 11:45AM

J and K

Allow me to speak directly to the issue.
TPC is a cult.
TPC has been a cult for some time.
You have participated willingly in this cult.
You have, at times, acted as the cult strong arm and apologist.

To say that you want to protect the new members from the truth is , in itself, continuing in the mindset of the cult.
Your new members deserve to hear the truth from you if you are truly repentant.
The longer you resist telling the truth the more likely you will continue to walk in the ways of cults.

Repent.
Tell the Truth.
Open all financial records for the last 5 years to a forensic audit.
Step down from leadership and find healing for yourself and your family.

or

Continue to lead your cult....

Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: October 12, 2010 04:41AM

I never knew James Nelson during the five or so years that our family attended TPC. I am glad that Pastor Mike was there for Mr. Nelson when he needed him, however the reality was that Mike didn't know very many of the people who attended that church. He was "there" for only the inner circle at TPC or those who he saw as able to further his agenda with their talents or money. Quite frankly, he did not care to know the majority of his flock. He was far to self-important to engage in meeting the members of his flock and taking an interest in them. But Jesus knows ever sheep in his flock by name and he knows their hearts, which is something Mr. Nelson neither you or Mike Villamore does. Jesus knows each member of his flock because he is the GOOD Shepherd. For many years Mike walked around with a Shepherds staff trying to appear as he was a shepherd of his flock. The difference -- Jesus shepherds his flock, Mike takes care of Mike. Mike used his sheep for his own selfish gain.

So Mr. Nelson, I am real glad you think Mike's behavior was acceptable, but there are an abundant number of ex-TPC who beg to disagree with you. There are Pastors in the area who have spent the better part of two or more years trying to help the people that got hurt by the Cult that was and is TPC. While we support your right to free speech, do not try to condemn the sheep for speaking out against the wrongs done to us and our families as well as the wrongs we witnessed done to others. We have a right to say what we think too. Trying to say we are unsaved unbelievers because we choose not to shut up and leave TPC and say nothing as Jeff Barnes has suggested to many is a narrow minded and un-Christian way of addressing us. Who needs to look to themselves on whether they are a believer and/or saved? Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. He died on the cross and rose after three days rose from the dead to give me and others hope. Jesus is the Son of God and sits on the mercy seat in Heaven.

My new Pastor knows who I am. He knows me and what I went through going to and leaving TPC. He has done an awesome job of helping me put my life and faith in God back together after TPC damaged me emotionally, mentally, and any other way they could find to take advantage of me and my family.
Quite frankly, I believe with all my heart that Mike Villamor is a criminal and should be transported back to Washington to face criminal charges and jail. I have heard others mention fraud for the way the Stewardship money and the TPC credit cards were used, however I am sure that the DA would have no trouble coming up with a list of charges. Jeff Barnes was quoted as saying after Mike left "he (Mike) doesn't think he has done anything wrong." Mike is dilusional.

Is failure to disclose a crime? I am sure that he failed to disclose the truth to the many on numerous occasions because he didn't want to jeopardize his revenue stream. Is removing financial records from the church offices to make someone look guilty of a crime a crime in itself? I am sure it is.

Mike Villamor is not a good or Godly person in my opinion. If anyone chooses to have a different opinion that is there right. But do not condemn me or call me a non-believer because I chose to speak out about the abuse of faith that I went through attending TPC. You are the one who will have to answer for your condemnation of innocent people who were taken advantage of and then discarded when someone with a little more money was found to take your place.

Saddened

Date: October 12, 2010 06:37AM

Jim Nelson was a guitar player on the worship team for short period, a real short period. he also attended turningpoint for a real short period. He quoted scripture in between using drugs, tha last time I saw him He was addicted to crack and pot. I hear he is now playing in a rock band in seattle weither, he is straight or loaded now I dont know. I do believe if he is not using drugs, he's in one of his short periods of recovery, which always end up the same. I believe him to be one of these people who have a form of godliness but deny its power, meaning He deneis letting Jesus be lord of his life and takes on that role himself, he relies on his own righteousnes, which in his usual delusional state makes him think he is a scholor of the word. I dont think Mike spent much time with him, or even really socialized with him. he is probably in one of his do gooder stages thinking he can help out someone, and maybe score some points and make himself feel good. the boy is really lost and incapable of being honest with himself. so he really has no clue in what he is saying. I doubt mike, if he even reads what jim posted, cares one bit about having jin stand up for him.

Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: October 13, 2010 09:55AM

So how much money was taken when Mike's hand picked Philipino couple embezzled the TPC Surigao accounts? Does anyone know? Oh that's right it is one of those white elephant secrets TPC has tried to sweep under the carpet and hide. So if Mike felt compelled to call a meeting and trash Pastor Jackie, when was the meeting to trash those folks? Did I miss that?

Okay I know this will date me, but is TPC being run by the Keystone Cops? If I were Jeff and the Elders, I would not want the current congregation to know just how inept and irresponsible I was or had been either. At the end of the day, none of them have any business running a church.

Saddened

Date: October 14, 2010 09:32PM

I knew there was a reason I went back to school! Mike was the registered agent for TPC. TPC was the Principal. As senior pastor and registered agent he could conceivable be seen to have certain obligations that he owed TPC. Who was TPC? TPC is its members both past and present. We were TPC so logically Mike through his staff and now Jeff Barnes as Senior Pastor and Debbie Bowman as Registered Agent and Chief Financial Officer owe TPC members both past and present who gave money to be held in trust for the Stewardship Campaign, Missions, or any specific earmark of funds an accounting of how those funds were used. Just as, I am sure, Debbie keeps one set of books and accounts for TPC and a separate set of books and/or accounts for her personal money so should Mike. This means the TPC credit cards were not Mike’s to use for personal pleasure or dining out. They were meant to be used to obtain goods and services for TPC. An ethical consideration I learned in a legal ethics class twenty years ago is what should have happened -- avoid even the appearance of impropriety! Mike did not do that. If he was at Anthonys then the responsible thing if it was a valid business expense then he should have paid for the meal and then sought reimbursement. Mike and Cyndi's use of the TPC credit card has the appearance of impropriety and should have been avoided for ethical reasons. If I went out to eat with other TPC members and we discussed "church business" should we have then been able to use the TPC credit card to pay for our meals? NOT!!! So we as former contributors to TPC and the Stewardship Campaign are owed an accounting of how our money was spent. Earmarked funds are to be held in trust and if they are not used for the purpose intended then TPC has a duty to ask if we want our money back or if we want to leave the money for TPC to use as they choose. Sorry an IOU doesn't make any of this go away. So the answer is YES we are owed an accounting of how our money was used and spent. Sorry, Elder led church does not mean TPC staff can spend our donations any way they want. Now having said all that, can we compel TPC to give us an accounting? That is so not going to happen. The only way a full accounting will ever be given to us, even though it should be a no brainer that we are entitled to one, is if TPC members and former members hire an attorney who is experienced in Church Law and Church Accounting Practices to get it for us.

D of D

Posted by: UndeniablyLivid ()
Date: October 14, 2010 11:34PM

I would contribute to lawyer fees in a HEARTBEAT!!

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: October 15, 2010 04:05AM

I'm up in your area today I can't get over how beautiful of an area you all live in.
Here is a sign of a false pastor 1 the fact he thinks of himself as being a prophet or even worse calling himself an apostle. Here is another sign of a fast teacher....
do any of you remember when Mike and Tony were playing the numbers game holding supposed outreach crusades? Or bring the team Breakthrough out to break some blocks and draw a crowd then come back to the church group bragging about how many decisions were allegedly made?
OK where are those people today? Are any of those people in the faith today? I remember Tony counting the number of decisions bragging about 3000+ decisions that people allegedly made over a 9 month time period. Where are all those people?
I don't believe they were ever presented with the true gospel so that is why you don't have any spiritual fruit.
I heard that the law suit settled against Tony the three families are not able to disclose the details of the settlement, but let me say it this way, Tony is not so happy with the settlement

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: October 19, 2010 08:21AM

NEWS FLASH!!

Tony Cunningham & Radiant Life CULT are being sued once again. Or good buddy "Whatajoke" posted this information.

www.saccourt.com or [services.saccourt.com]

case index civil

2010-00089472

2010-00083653

Look it up for yourself.....some good reading LOL

What's Next Mr. Cunningham?

The irony of these two cases is they are from companies outside the cult, deals that have been made with RLc and Tony Cunningham.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2010 08:28AM by BraveHeart.

Date: October 19, 2010 09:38AM

Unfortunately for everyone it appears that litigation will have to be iniated in order to get a refund of the designated donations that we gave for the Stewardship Campaign because it was used for and in a way none of us had intended -- and that my friend is against the rules. If a church wants to use designated donations for anything other than their intended purpose the church must first ask the donors FIRST and/or offer refunds if the donors do not agree. It appears that the TPC Advisory board thinks they can just say no and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Well, they are wrong. There is something we can do and it just may end up costing TPC a whole lot more than they think when court costs, court fees, and any other damages the judge decides to add on for emotional distress and suffering. I have ordered (per my hubby's request):

1. Zondervan 2010 Church and Nonprofit Tax and Financial Guide: For 2009 Tax Returns (Zondervan Church and Nonprofit Tax Financial Guide) by Dan Busby CPA
2. Donor-Restricted Gifts Simplified [Paperback] by Dan Busby CPA
3. Church Administration and Finance Manual: Resources for Leading the Local Church [Paperback]
Otto F. Crumroy Jr. (Author), Stan Kukawka (Author), Frank M. Witman (Author)

We met with Jeff Barnes and he gave us a letter from the "Advisory Board" which stated they would not refund our donation. I am not sure where they are getting their advice from but if in fact they think they are right because of some outside giving them advice -- they are solely mistaken. Or trying to pull another fast one, which is the impression my husband walked away with. I have had a few days to research and look into state and federal law which covers this and am just waiting for the books and a trip to the UW law library to figure out just what we can do short of litigation but right now with their "we are not going to you can not make us" attitude I think it really will take litigation.

TPC was aware of the fact that they could not use the Stewardship money for unintended purposes and they have ignored their responsibility to the donors who gave the money. It is my understanding that over $700,000.00 was used for things other than for what it was intended. What you ask? For one batteries for the sound equipment on Sunday mornings. The batteries were used once and then discarded. Talk about throwing our money away -- TPC did literally.

D of D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.