Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Date: October 09, 2010 07:28AM

Disgusted may have been a little strong. Seriously disappointed, yet again, by the actions of a man who was once a Pastor we respected is more to the point. It was hard to realize that our money was squandered and used for purposes we never approved or would have agreed to had we known what the actual plan was. In a nutshell, we were told that the property needed to expand the 8th Street campus would be purchased in cash from the funds of the Stewardship Campaign. We donated the money we pledged so that the trophy shop property and the little house on the corner next to the parking lot which is on the corner of 7th street could be purchased. A year later, we began to hear that the Stewardshio money was not being used for the purpose we had given the money. We started asking questions. The answers we got revealed that what we had heard was true. We left TPC that very day and never returned. We wrote off the money we donated to the Stewardship campaign, until we heard that the Elders had borrowed money from Stewardship Fund and gave Mike Villamor $50,000 to get out of town. That was too much. We requested our money be returned as the money had not been used for the purpose we had given it. After doing some research and talking to some folks who know about this kind of thing, it is my understanding of the rules and laws that govern donations to churches that money can only be used for the purpose the giver gave the money. If it is not used for the purpose given the church must over a refund to the person who donated the money and it is up to them to either take a refund or tell the church to use it for whatever purpose they want. That has not happened. The following are the emails we received after we requested TPC refund our money. I always requested a read receipt for each email sent.

Stewardship Fund October 7, 2010 6:30 PM

The Elders/Advisory Board are drafting a letter in response to your request and you will be receiving it in the mail.

Thank you.

Jeff Barnes

Re: Read: Stewardship Campaign Donation/ Refund Request October 4, 2010 6:10 PM

"Jeff Barnes" <Pastor.Jeff@turningpointchurch.com>

We will be getting back to you on Thursday. Thank you for giving us this time.

Jeff Barnes

RE: Stewardship Campaign Donation/ Refund Request September 10, 2010 8:43 PM
"Debbie Bowman" <Debbie.Bowman@turningpointchurch.com>

We have received your request for the return of stewardship funds. We
will be responding to you in full within the next 30 days. Thank you for
your patience as we look into your concerns and request.
God bless

Pastor Jeff

Debbie Bowman

Read: Stewardship Campaign Donation/ Refund Request August 30, 2010 4:28 PM

"Jeff Barnes" <Pastor.Jeff@turningpointchurch.com>

Your message

To: Jeff Barnes; Debbie Bowman
Subject: Stewardship Campaign Donation/ Refund Request
Sent: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 14:36:19 -0700
was read on Mon, 30 Aug 2010 16:28:13 -0700&#2573;

As is clearly shown, we requested the refund on August 30th by email, followed by a letter. Finally on September 10th Debbie Bowman responded to us. Then on October 4th there was an email from Jeff Barnes saying they would get back to us yesterday. Then another email from Jeff saying they would get back to us at some unspecified point in time. In other words we are going to stonewall you, ignore your request and hope you go away.

Today while driving home from school I thought of the story of the servant whose master forgave his debt and then he would not forgive the debt owed to him. We choose to forgive this debt because that is what we feel God has called us to do and not because our flesh wants to in any way. When the Lord speaks to our hearts, we listen and do what he calls us to do. However, I also feel the Lord is at the same time telling us that he is in control and that he will deal with those who need to be dealt with in this situation. No one is getting a get out of sin free card. I am fine with that. The Lord is better suited to deal with this situation as he sees fit than we are. Because we were headed to court over this, we did not want TPC leaders to go unpunished for their inappropriate use of the Stewardship money.

D of D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2010 07:31AM by Daughter of Dorcas.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: October 10, 2010 03:33AM

TPCWOC Home web site:under staff: Stephanie Richmond picture is missing so it must be that she is no longer the Worship Director

Posted by: Miki ()
Date: October 10, 2010 11:17AM

Stephanie Richmond is/or has moved. I'm not so happy with Jeff. I asked him to please apologize to my husband so he can move on. He said he would get back to me and something happy. Still haven't heard from him. I've tried to give Jeff barnes the benefit of the doubt.... 2nd chances dont work for me as far as a church goes! But of course, who am I??? Just small peanuts so we don't count!

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: October 10, 2010 12:47PM

I am afraid that false Apostle Mike Villamor is a bigger thief and liar then we first believed. And Jeff Barnes is still protecting him while false Apostle Mike hides somewhere in another state. Was there real repentance from Jeff and Kim? Was there more cover ups? Why is Jeff and Kim afraid to reveal the truth? What else are they hiding? Will we ever know the truth?

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: October 10, 2010 06:47PM

After reading the last few postings the words that jump out at me are religious thieves, manipulators, devils, who are masters at coercion! Modern day pharisee's! Perverts of what is good.

Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: October 11, 2010 04:11AM

Does anyone know anything about a second board (similar to the board of elders) that's been created @ TP?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2010 04:12AM by Brokenhearted.

Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: October 11, 2010 04:14AM

I also noticed that they don't have the childcare director listed under the staff....are they running the ccc seperately now?
Where/why did Richmonds move, did it have to do with TP stuff?

Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: October 11, 2010 05:51AM

I was watching a historical documentary and had an epiphamy. The government could never touch Al Capone for any of his many crimes. So how did he end up at Alcatraz? The Justice department got him for tax evasion. Follow the money. There is a branch of the government which may investigage and audit their books (that would be a very independent audit). The Internal Revenue Service can and will audit a church if there is cause to believe there is a problem.

Church Audit Process

The following is the sequence of the church audit process.

If the reasonable belief requirement is met, the IRS must begin an inquiry by providing a church with written notice containing an explanation of its concerns.
The church is allowed a reasonable period in which to respond by furnishing a written explanation to alleviate IRS concerns.
If the church fails to respond within the required time, or if its response is not sufficient to alleviate IRS concerns, the IRS may, generally within 90 days, issue a second notice, informing the church of the need to examine its books and records.

After issuance of a second notice, but before commencement of an examination of its books and records,the church may request a conference with an IRS official to discuss IRS concerns. The second notice will contain a copy of all documents collected or prepared by the IRS for use in the examination and subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act, as supplemented by IRC section 6103 relating to disclosure and confidentiality of tax return information.
Generally, examination of a church’s books and records must be completed within two years from the date of the second notice from the IRS.

If at any time during the inquiry process the church supplies information sufficient to alleviate the concerns of the IRS, the matter will be closed without examination of the church’s books and records. There are additional safeguards for the protection of churches under Internal Revenue Code section 7611. For example, the IRS cannot begin a subsequent examination of a church for a five-year period unless the previous examination resulted in a revocation, notice of deficiency of assessment, or a request for a significant change in church operations, including a significant change in accounting practices.

[www.irs.gov]

Sounds like it would be worth the time to write a letter.

Saddened

Posted by: UndeniablyLivid ()
Date: October 11, 2010 09:06AM

Judi Johnston --Ministry Director???? WTF? She is so full of it. Never liked that woman. She posted on Chelsea Villamor's FB page that she dropped her phone in the toilet but was praying for God's resurrection power to fix it. GIVE ME AN EFFIN BREAK! AND she totally believes that crap that words actually have power and to never say anything negative. TP is still so sick!!!!!!

Date: October 11, 2010 10:43AM

Jeff will not be honest.
He will only dance around the edges of the truth.
He will not tell the "new" people in the cult the truth.

Why?

He fears losing HIS kingdom.
He fears losing HIS church.
He fears losing their worship and adoration.
He fears all that he has invested himself in will come crashing down around him.

Were he joining Christ in building Jesus' Church there would be nothing to fear.
Were he part of the Kingdom of God he would know that there is nothing to fear.
Were he seeking first the Kingdom of all the other things would be a natural outcome.

Christ is building His Church. The Gates of Hell will not prevail against the Church that Christ builds.

The leadership consultant was very forthright with Jeff and Kim.
And yet, Jeff and Kim will not be straight with those who remain.

And so, the charade continues.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.