Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: WalterMartin ()
Date: February 26, 2010 09:22AM

I think I get what Noon said regarding doctrine and stuff. As I have stated before, I went to TP for 5 years. I also went to another church, which I started attending ( in the TPC building ) while being a member of TPC. That church is called, Judah Praise Center. I went to JPC for about 11 years regularly. Though, mixed with their moving locations a few times and my working day & night shifts, there was much missed services for a few years. However, it was prophesied to me that I should go to JPC; and leave Turning Point. That is what Pastor Mike prayed over with me & agreed on. While I do not believe in modern day Prophets ( but await the promised 2, who shall return from Heaven ), I believe the prophecy was correct. In fact, it was agreement with what I was already feeling. Anyway, I attended JPC for many, many years and did not believe in everything that was taught. In fact, I did see some who were hurt, who did not already have a foundation in Christ. However, Pastor James did address that and changed things up a bit. Also, I must mention, that I saw more people helped and benefited there than at any other churches I have attended/ observed with analytic study. I absolutely loved that church and especially James & Kathy. I was very distraught with Pastor James recent passing. I still think about it sometimes. I tried last summer to start attending again. But there was just too many Turning Point people coming and preaching and Teaching. I know Pastor James stood by Mikes side, thats why he refused to help me with the crimes against children situation ( because pastor Jeff Barnes already said no and that comes from Turning Point ) ; and he named Pastor Mike an Apostle. I think that was just an awful mistake. Then, I heard something on spiritual parenting... I felt confirmation to leave. That was a big deal. During my 11 years, James & Kathy offered me Youth Pastor and youth teaching positions 4 specific times. Pastor James knew I didn't fully agree with him either. So, very big deal. Their was mutual respect and regard. I felt pretty free there, though the little differences. Their doctrine was not entirely my doctrine, but God was in JPC as He was with me. I owe a lot to JPC. I often refer to JPC as an advanced church for Christians. But also a church where people should go who already have a foundation in Christ. Oh! How I pray JPC doesn't fully change into TPC. -- Also, James & Kathy met with as many people that wanted to meet with them; and they always got around to the visitors and newcomers. There is no excuse for the Pastors that don't have time even regardless of attendees.--I need to add that I didn't leave JPC because I felt victimized by Turning Point. It is that JPC allowed TPC people to preach and teach a different scripture. There teaching was contaminated; and it posed a contaminate threat to people attending JPC. Understand now, that I can deal just fine with differences in doctrine. But while JPC was preaching the same Jesus as the Bible, TPC scripture was not Teaching the same Jesus. Though, salvation is by personal faith in Jesus Christ. I am not saying that TPC members walk with a different Jesus (though if wholeheartedly immensed in the Preaching of Turning Point Pastors without Teaching and knowlege elsewhere ((we should be studying scripture on our own time, too)) than they could be potentially walking with a different Jesus) but that much of the Teaching is not the same Teaching of Jesus and/ or of biblical authenticity. Hope that wasn't too much. But that is probably why this thread is up. Well, at least partially, I assume. Not because anyone here is more right than another, but that the authenticity of Jesus is at stake. That is what makes TPC cultish.

Thanks,

WalterMartin ( Adam McCurdy )

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: February 26, 2010 10:58AM

New Add For Pastors & Evangelists

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2010 11:00AM by BraveHeart.

Attachments: Save Big_Pastors and Evangelists .jpg (101.6 KB)  
Posted by: tell the truth ()
Date: February 26, 2010 12:50PM

So, this is what I think. God has given each of us the Holy Spirit upon accepting his Son Jesus Christ. We are irresponsible with this gifting and shut it down inside of us in favor of things that will scratch our itching ears and feel much better and are more concrete than the urgings of the Holy Spirit. So what do we do? We look for "leaders" who can be soothsayers into our lives you know "prophesy" for us what God would have us do rather than listening for ourselves to the Holy Spirit. Thsi is what the charasmatic movement really reminds me of: a bunch of soothsayers. A bunch of people who stop short at tarrot cards and say "God told me." I totally love a pastor who preaches the word and gives me a broader depth of understanding bringing in their scholarly understanding to help clarify and drive deeper the nuances of the word and the urgings of the Holy Spirit.

People hurt people. Pastors, Elders, Church Leaders in general who hurt even one child of God should get ready to tie that millstone around their neck because the day of judgment is coming. This is the greatest reality the leaders at every church, not just TPC need to realize. You have an extreme and important charge: to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Your charge is not to bilk people of their money, dash what faith they may have in short supply, nor is it to abuse or miscarry the word of God in favor of what may increase your storehouses.

But, all that said, it is my responsibility to make sure that I put Jesus Christ first. That I have the responsibility to make sure that no one becomes more important, recognition does not become more important, love does not become more important, right standing does not become more important than the love of Jesus Christ and what He did for you and me. We are in the battle for eternity. The battle has been won, but not every soul reached. People need to stop aggrandizing their own selves because this is what happens: forums that must cry out the abuse in hopes of saving others from the pain and agony of trying to recover from deceit, deception, dishonesty, warped character, and an honoring of Satan. For this is what TPC has done. TPC has honored Satan. They have chosen deception. Their demise is sure because the battle belongs to the Lord. You cannot be double minded and call yourself a Son of God. You either live for truth or deception. That is the truth from tell the truth.

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: February 27, 2010 09:29AM

Well said, TTT.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: February 27, 2010 01:31PM

Here is a video that I just heard about today listening to Wretched Radio.com
I just finished watching it tonight.
WOW it is a must see for every Christian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuabITeO4l8

Give it a watch & see listen and tell me what your thoughts are?

BraveHeart

Date: February 28, 2010 05:08AM

BraveHeart

WOW my thoughts are I'm not crazy, what a change someone who is not afraid to speak the truth.

Posted by: tpcwocattender ()
Date: March 01, 2010 05:51AM

What would benefit most Christians today is a clear understanding of church history. Remember the game when you were a kid where you whispered something in a person’s ear and they whispered it in the next, so on and so forth until you get to the end and it is discovered that the original message was fouled up? This simple analogy can be applied to the church. How long has some of this doctrine been around? Can you trace it back to the original church? Did the church 1500 years ago teach Jesus was actually wealthy and therefore we should understand that wealth is part of salvation? Did the church 800 years ago teach that what we lacked was apostolic leadership? Can you go back 1700 years and find the church teaching that your words have great power and if you just speak life not death you can alter your life? The reality is most of this doctrine is less than 100 years old, some as recent as 50 years ago. Use simple logic, when you are taught this doctrine that has been pulled from the deepest meanings of the original apostle’s words or that is found between the lines of the bible just ask yourself, why didn't Paul teach it? We are 2000+ years removed from the unadulterated doctrine of the original apostles. We need to stop trying to reinvent the bible and find new ways of spicy up Christianity. The church needs to take off their blinders and see some of this stuff for what it is, crap! Why does the church today need John Bervere's special revelation from God that the bible doesn't contain everything we should know about pastoral covering (page 141 of his book)? Why can't the church see that adding onto what the bible teaches about anything is flat heresy? The truth is we are as the bible says, sheep. And anyone who knows anything about sheep knows they need a Sheppard. The problem with today’s sheep is they can't tell the difference between the real Sheppard (Jesus) and just another sheep who has learned to walk around on two legs and carry a staff.

Date: March 01, 2010 06:00AM

tpcwocattender
What would benefit most Christians today is a clear understanding of church history. Remember the game when you were a kid where you whispered something in a person’s ear and they whispered it in the next, so on and so forth until you get to the end and it is discovered that the original message was fouled up? This simple analogy can be applied to the church. How long has some of this doctrine been around? Can you trace it back to the original church? Did the church 1500 years ago teach Jesus was actually wealthy and therefore we should understand that wealth is part of salvation? Did the church 800 years ago teach that what we lacked was apostolic leadership? Can you go back 1700 years and find the church teaching that your words have great power and if you just speak life not death you can alter your life? The reality is most of this doctrine is less than 100 years old, some as recent as 50 years ago. Use simple logic, when you are taught this doctrine that has been pulled from the deepest meanings of the original apostle’s words or that is found between the lines of the bible just ask yourself, why didn't Paul teach it? We are 2000+ years removed from the unadulterated doctrine of the original apostles. We need to stop trying to reinvent the bible and find new ways of spicy up Christianity. The church needs to take off their blinders and see some of this stuff for what it is, crap! Why does the church today need John Bervere's special revelation from God that the bible doesn't contain everything we should know about pastoral covering (page 141 of his book)? Why can't the church see that adding onto what the bible teaches about anything is flat heresy? The truth is we are as the bible says, sheep. And anyone who knows anything about sheep knows they need a Sheppard. The problem with today’s sheep is they can't tell the difference between the real Sheppard (Jesus) and just another sheep who has learned to walk around on two legs and carry a staff.

well said attender even though I know your not still one, lol I woke up this morning thinking the same thing about a sheppard, we are taught that the guy who speaks to us each sunday is our sheppard, and when he is unable to perform the duties of a sheppard we are dissapointed. but we forget that we are Jesus's sheep He is our sheppard we are to follow HIm, and the guy who speaks on sunday is supposed to remind us of that. I heard this morning the speak possitive words speak life. and you will defeat the enemy. hmmm I thouht it was the heart that generated our words. we need our hearts changed not our words thats putting the cart before the horse.

Posted by: outreach ()
Date: March 03, 2010 06:07AM

BraveHeart

I listened to this and it is right on. It makes me sad when I see so many in the church and many of family as well that say they know the Lord but live like the world. Whatever happened to conviction. Our concience has been seared. ITim 4:2. Thanks BraveHeart for posting this.

outreach

Date: March 03, 2010 06:29AM

BraveHeart

Good stuff. . .but where was the section on how God wants to prosper me and make me rich? And he forgot to mention unity...whats up with this guy?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2010 06:36AM by TurningPointReject.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.